Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens. Saturday Oct. 3 Extraordinary Delicious Chocolate Cheesecake Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If you dominate but still lose 5-2, generally that implies poor goaltending

The thing is they didn't dominate, they just had the puck for longer periods of time but did very little with it; they had two shots from the slot so that means they took 30+ shots from not great scoring areas

Price wasn't tested much but when he was he failed which is usually the way he plays against us (Anderson was better than Price in the 2015 series and I think that much is undeniable)

It's unbelievable that on HF, probably the biggest forum on the internet dedicated to a professional sports league (well not just the NHL but most users are on here because of the NHL) so many only look at basic stats and forgo any kind of critical thinking and/or analysis

You'd think that there would be more users capable of pointing out that the quality of shots taken matters as much, if not more, than the number of shots taken

Alas, HF gonna HF

headup

Apr 7, 2008
The thing is they didn't dominate, they just had the puck for longer periods of time but did very little with it; they had two shots from the slot so that means they took 30+ shots from not great scoring areas

Price wasn't tested much but when he was he failed which is usually the way he plays against us (Anderson was better than Price in the 2015 series and I think that much is undeniable)

It's unbelievable that on HF, probably the biggest forum on the internet dedicated to a professional sports league (well not just the NHL but most users are on here because of the NHL) so many only look at basic stats and forgo any kind of critical thinking and/or analysis

You'd think that there would be more users capable of pointing out that the quality of shots taken matters as much, if not more, than the number of shots taken

Alas, HF gonna HF

This is typical when playing the Habs. They spend the better part of the game passing the puck around the perimeter with very few of their players willing to pay the price to get to the dirty areas. This is why they they keep faltering in the playoffs.

BigBush*

sorry if this has been mentioned, but it this game on tv tonight? hockeystreams says no upcoming games for today

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This is typical when playing the Habs. They spend the better part of the game passing the puck around the perimeter with very few of their players willing to pay the price to get to the dirty areas. This is why they they keep faltering in the playoffs.

Also amusing is how the crowd at the Bell Centre "oooohs" and "aaaaahs!" at almost anything: Subban ballerina twirl, a bad shot, a pass that is near the opposing net but was clearly not going to result in anything

Sometimes I wonder if that affects the players

Othello*

Shaw and Telus are giving out free trial of Centre Ice if you're living in Alberta.

BigBush*

Shaw and Telus are giving out free trial of Centre Ice if you're living in Alberta.

Sick? Do you know what the dates are, what the channels are, and if the game is on tonight?

Just switched to Shaw from Telus a few weeks ago, sooooo much better

Edit: Looks like its on channel 351, hopefully its not blacked out

Othello*

Sick? Do you know what the dates are, what the channels are, and if the game is on tonight?

Just switched to Shaw from Telus a few weeks ago, sooooo much better

Its on channel 1103 for Telus, but im not sure what channel on shaw. Try around channel 350

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
This is it boys and gals, the last pre-season game. We need to win this game and make a statement. We're playing this team again next Sunday, game #3 and the Habs could be a team we battle with for the 3rd spot in the Atlantic. Enough with the experiment, make a statement now.:yo:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Will only be able to watch the 1st period most likely. That is if it is streamed. Otherwise i won't be able to watch it at all.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Let's go!

I hope we're in for a good game, good old saturday night hockey it's been a long time! Not a fan of our d-corps but hey, pre-season!

I wonder if they'll start with MacArthur on the 3rd line for the season opener like they are doing tonight? I'd put Michalek on the 3rd line instead and Hoffman back with Zib and Ryan. Michalek Zib and Ryan together just doesn't look like something that will fit at all IMO.

Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoff-Zib-Ryan
Michalek-Pageau-Lazar

Or

Mac-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zib-Stone

BigBush*

Hoffman is going to look incredible with Turris and Stone tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events