Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Sens Saturday 10/20 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
The wife and I will be making our semi annual trek up from Toronto for this one (tickets purchased via StubHub before the Karlsson trade so I feel less dirty). I've never been to a Sens-Habs game in Ottawa, how are the opposing fans in general? Is it a total shitshow like when Leaf Nation invades the CTC?

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
The wife and I will be making our semi annual trek up from Toronto for this one (tickets purchased via StubHub before the Karlsson trade so I feel less dirty). I've never been to a Sens-Habs game in Ottawa, how are the opposing fans in general? Is it a total ****show like when Leaf Nation invades the CTC?
Absolutely not. They're nothing compared to Leafs fans!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Its hard to find your way out of the Dog house playing on Guy Boucher's 4th line. I am not sure what White did to get a 7 minute rest in the 2nd and an 8 minute rest in the 3rd while defending that lead vs Dallas. If the coach does not show trust in you, you almost have no choice but to question yourself and lose confidence. This isn't what going with youth is all about.
White was on the ice on this Dallas PP close to the end of the 1st. He had an 8 second shift. Now Klingberg may be his man there ; I am not sure of the system; There is a high man on his side but...
7116:45 / 3:1516:53 / 3:0700:08
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Now would this be a benchable mistake for a rookie to make on the PK? Seems harsh to me

... Boucher refers to it as a little mistake at about 3:36

Last edited:
Reactions: Boud

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The wife and I will be making our semi annual trek up from Toronto for this one (tickets purchased via StubHub before the Karlsson trade so I feel less dirty). I've never been to a Sens-Habs game in Ottawa, how are the opposing fans in general? Is it a total ****show like when Leaf Nation invades the CTC?

Well there should be about 12,000 people there, how bad could it be?

Reactions: Silencio

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Its hard to find your way out of the Dog house playing on Guy Boucher's 4th line. I am not sure what White did to get a 7 minute rest in the 2nd and an 8 minute rest in the 3rd while defending that lead vs Dallas. If the coach does not show trust in you, you almost have no choice but to question yourself and lose confidence. This isn't what going with youth is all about.
White was on the ice on this Dallas PP close to the end of the 1st. He had an 8 second shift. Now Klingberg may be his man there ; I am not sure of the system; There is a high man on his side but...
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Now would this be a benchable mistake for a rookie to make on the PK? Seems harsh to me

I hate Boucher with a passion.

He's the first guy to mention that you shouldn't "feed steak to babies" so that they don't lose their confidence and can play with a free mind....

Yet he's also the first guy to demote you or to bench you whenever you make mistakes.

Mind numbing....

Nevermind the fact that White is actually an excellent defensive player. White should never be on the 4rth line wing with this lineup we have. Disgusting

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'm not sure I believe this got White benched. Certainly hard to look at that replay of the goal and feel that Klinberg was his man.

He did have a giveaway about 5 minutes into the 3rd ... it wasn't horrible though: had the puck in the Sens end on the halfwally and tried to push it straight up ice to someone (Duchene maybe) and it went to the Dallas d-man instead. I think he didn't play much or at all after that.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm not sure I believe this got White benched. Certainly hard to look at that replay of the goal and feel that Klinberg was his man.

He did have a giveaway about 5 minutes into the 3rd ... it wasn't horrible though: had the puck in the Sens end on the halfwally and tried to push it straight up ice to someone (Duchene maybe) and it went to the Dallas d-man instead. I think he didn't play much or at all after that.
Yah that's the thing . I am not sure what it is. He missed a 7 minute stretch in the 2nd as well. He had a good game the game before vs LA. If your trying to break into a 3 time Cup winning lineup.. I get paying your dues to get a break, but this is supposed to be a rebuilding team where the young guys will get a chance .. He seems to be getting bounced around for no apparent reason. There are things I'd like to see him do better but he won't learn playing one game in one role, the next game in another , sitting on the bench for long stretches. They need to give him some consistency , if they want to see consistency out of him as well. If they want to break him.. I'd say keep doing what your doing.

Reactions: Boud

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
What's most perplexing of all is that he is on our 1st PP too!

I know GB thinks he will become a shutdown C but damn...he has to play C to get there.

I think it will be close to a full house on Saturday no? Habs plus exciting hockey and Saturday night?

Have fun Silencio the atmosphere will be great. Way more Habs fans than there should be in our barn but the singing and Ole shouts will add some extra spice.

If Leafs get scored on and they put it k the board both sides will unite and cheer together.

Reactions: Silencio

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't find theyre as bad. habs fans are habs fans because their parents were habs fans. they obsessed with the culture and history so its never terrible, some funny verbal sparring going on and growing up there was no real rivalry between us....Leafs fans are different. theyre born and raised in Ottawa and the main reason they like the leafs is because 'well growing up all my friends liked the Sens and they were 'SO ANNOYING" so I cheer for the Leafs ya go Leafs!"' there is no history to love with the maple leafs, theycheer for them out of spite as there WAS a huge rivalry growing up so they cheered for the one team all their friends hated and then got immediately validated by chance when they booted us out of the playoffs 4 times in a row so are now "Leaf fans 4 life". the Ottawa born and raised leaf fan community is by the far the most insecure fanbase in the nhl. so those meeting are always terrible.

Reactions: Silencio and NyQuil

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Leaf fans are waaaaaaaaay uglier IMO

Reactions: Silencio and DrEasy

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Habs fans don't actively deface and vandalize the building before leaving the way Leafs fans do.

Habs fans are easily the most "alcohol friendly" fanbase for sure, but they are for the most part friendly when they get sauced up. They'll start a debate about why their Stanley Cups from the 1920s matter but ours don't, and they'll obnoxiously start the Ole chant by the 3 minute mark of the 2nd period, but are otherwise chill. They don't start fights, and they don't vandalize the property.

When Leafs fans get drunk, they act like God himself has given them a licence to be as big a deuschbag as they can try to be, pick fights at the first opportunity (the bad ones even see getting kicked out of the building as a badge of honour), and leave the building with thousands of dollars in repairs on their way out.

If I were having a party, I'd invite Habs fans because they make the party interesting, and I'd hire security to keep Leafs fans out because I like my house and there's no way that every lamp in the house won't be on my lawn and no way the cops don't show up if they are there.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I've had good chats with Habs fans in the stands over the years.

I remember Patrice Brisebois made a poor play and the guy next to me was like, "That's why we call him Breeze-by."

Reactions: Silencio and pown

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
"We're going to play young players."

6 games in after one injury to Tkachuk, there are no young forwards in our top 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad