TSN: Habs Reluctant to trade Shaw

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Gallagher approved and I’m sure he wasn’t the only one......

LeBrun also confirmed that if Montreal gets the right offer for Shaw he’s probably trade him....but of course this gets neglected here on HF

He didn’t get the right offer for Subban, so I don’t really care what TheBrown has to say.

And Gallagher can GTFO

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Bergevin is an idiot.

He’s probably waiting to see how the next 4 games unfold before he makes any decisions but he actually believes we could still make the playoffs. The guy is a joke.
It’s out there......but sure, believe that

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You don't win cups with Shaw. You win cups with good players.

If Shaw was drafted by anyone else no one would give a f*** about him.

He's awful.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He's a useful depth player. But he's a dime a dozen player. The kind of guy you draft and develop not the kind of guy you pay a king ransom for.
Absolutely agree...the Cups in Chicago are because of Kane/Toews/Keith/Seabrook/Crawford........Shaw was a fringe player, who chipped in a big goal here and there..............we gave him a 6 yr 24M dollar deal???

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Meanwhile Sens and Blues are talking about Brassard and Hoffman.

When Ottawa adds more pieces to their pool already significantly better than ours..

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Gallagher approved and I’m sure he wasn’t the only one......

LeBrun also confirmed that if Montreal gets the right offer for Shaw he’s probably trade him....but of course this gets neglected here on HF
Bergevin uses the media, to do alot of posturing....it's all about how he is perceived this GM...

He is trying to use Lebrun to drive up the value!!

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Tired of reading unconstructive Bergevin blasting in every forum.

What would you see as a good return for Shaw.

lets stay CONSTRUCTIVE here.

Id love to have a 2nd for him, more than have a Petan of a Dano type of player, we have plenty of those.
But we would need a contract back

Or we take Martin and a prospect like Jeremy Roy.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Absolutely agree...the Cups in Chicago are because of Kane/Toews/Keith/Seabrook/Crawford........Shaw was a fringe player, who chipped in a big goal here and there..............we gave him a 6 yr 24M dollar deal???

Don't forget Hossa. His role in Chicago is underrated imo. He is a significantly better player than any of the forwards we have right now imo. He's a HOF player.

Sharp was comparable to prime Patch too but with more character.

Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp was a great top 4. When you have a top 4 like that you can afford to have a guy like Bickell or Shaw on your top 6.

McGuires Corndog

Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Id love to have a 2nd for him, more than have a Petan of a Dano type of player, we have plenty of those.

I’d like a 2nd for Shaw. I’d rather that than a middling prospect, for the simple fact maybe we hit a homerun with the 2nd like we did with PK. It’s not likely, but you never know. It’s a good draft too.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I’d like a 2nd for Shaw. I’d rather that than a middling prospect, for the simple fact maybe we hit a homerun with the 2nd like we did with PK. It’s not likely, but you never know. It’s a good draft too.

Usually there's between 2 and 3 good players drafted in the 2nd round (around 10% chances to get one). We currently have three 2nd round picks. If we get two more we will have 5. With 5 picks your chance to get someone are good. Just with luck you have a good chance.

Players drafted in the 2nd round :

2000 : Vermette, Paul Martin
2001 : Derek Roy, Cammalerri, Pominville
2002 : Keith, Hudler, Fleishmann,
2003 : Loui Eriksson, Patrice Bergeron, Shea Weber, David Backes
2004 : Krejci, Dubinski, Goligoski
2005 : Neal, Vlasic, Stastny
2006: Petry, Lucic,
2007 : Subban, Simmonds
2008 : Voynov, Josi, Stepan, Hamonic,
2009 : O'Reilly, Silfverberg, Tatar, Orlov
2010 : Faulk, Toffoli.

McGuires Corndog

Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Usually there's between 2 and 3 good players drafted in the 2nd round (around 10% chances to get one). We currently have three 2nd round picks. If we get two more we will have 5. With 5 picks your chance to get someone are good. Just with luck you have a good chance.

Players drafted in the 2nd round :

2000 : Vermette, Paul Martin
2001 : Derek Roy, Cammalerri, Pominville
2002 : Keith, Hudler, Fleishmann,
2003 : Loui Eriksson, Patrice Bergeron, Shea Weber, David Backes
2004 : Krejci, Dubinski, Goligoski
2005 : Neal, Vlasic, Stastny
2006: Petry, Lucic,
2007 : Subban, Simmonds
2008 : Voynov, Josi, Stepan, Hamonic,
2009 : O'Reilly, Silfverberg, Tatar, Orlov
2010 : Faulk, Toffoli.

Exactly. There’s typically always a Top-6 fwd/Top-4 D type to be found in the 2nd round, and quite often a superstar will emerge from there as well.

We gotta stop drafting De La Rose types though.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval

A good return for Shaw would be 2x2nd round picks. Too bad the only sucker willing to do that is the MTL GM and he gave him an awful contract

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
A good return for Shaw would be 2x2nd round picks. Too bad the only sucker willing to do that is the MTL GM and he gave him an awful contract

If he was signed for 3.5 millions / 4 years some teams would be interested to give a 2nd and another conditional pick. With a 4 years deal there would be only 2 years remaining after this one. I dislike that trade but Shaw is a good depth player with a very good reputation.

But at almost 4 millions for the next 4 years after this one nope nobody will give us two 2nd round picks. Anyway i would be very surprised. If that offer is on the table say yes right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad