Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
*sigh* I miss Lapierre. He was a form of psychological warfare that should be banned by the Geneva Convention, but he had the heart in the right place.

When you say that, are you aware that on the main board, several Canucks fans have proclaimed him the "most useless player on the team" this season so far? Apparently does nothing to contribute and physically is a non-factor at this point.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
When you say that, are you aware that on the main board, several Canucks fans have proclaimed him the "most useless player on the team" this season so far? Apparently does nothing to contribute and physically is a non-factor at this point.

He's a 4th line player, most fanbases hate on the 4th liners when their actual team and their actual coach doesn't show up. Look at all the hate Moen and Armdog get, even though they're only tiny pieces of the puzzle.

I think Lapierre would thrive in Montreal with some responsibilities, he's not a bad hockey player by any means. And the Canucks are the sorriest bunch of losers I've ever seen, their fans are even worse.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
From all the games I saw, Murray is pretty terrible. I know a lot of SJ fans want him gone (some saying for free even), and I fear he may be way past his best before date.

I watched the san jose game last night He has really fallin off, he is as slow as hall gill, the oiler forwards blew past him for 2-1's at will, on top of that he took a stupid penelty. I really don't see him adding much to the team

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
He's a 4th line player, most fanbases hate on the 4th liners when their actual team and their actual coach doesn't show up. Look at all the hate Moen and Armdog get, even though they're only tiny pieces of the puzzle.

I think Lapierre would thrive in Montreal with some responsibilities, he's not a bad hockey player by any means. And the Canucks are the sorriest bunch of losers I've ever seen, their fans are even worse.

Now now... I think they've got some inside on Lapierre play that we just don't have. Plus, it's not like if the situation was completely new to anyone. For long stretches, we could see Lapierre being completely useless on the ice, playing uninspired hockey, and refusing to play physical. In fact, it happened quite often. This is why we ended up dealing him away for scraps.

He's doing the same thing all over again in Vancouver now. There's a reason why, as you say, the Canucks are "the sorriest bunch of losers" you've ever seen. And a guy like Lapierre is one of the factors why.

Sure, he looks like the toy you don't have right now. He looks better than he actually is, we miss the good he COULD bring to this team. But Lapierre's inconsistency and refusal to get involved game in and game out has always, and still is an issue with him.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Now now... I think they've got some inside on Lapierre play that we just don't have. Plus, it's not like if the situation was completely new to anyone. For long stretches, we could see Lapierre being completely useless on the ice, playing uninspired hockey, and refusing to play physical. In fact, it happened quite often. This is why we ended up dealing him away for scraps.

He's doing the same thing all over again in Vancouver now. There's a reason why, as you say, the Canucks are "the sorriest bunch of losers" you've ever seen. And a guy like Lapierre is one of the factors why.

Sure, he looks like the toy you don't have right now. He looks better than he actually is, we miss the good he COULD bring to this team. But Lapierre's inconsistency and refusal to get involved game in and game out has always, and still is an issue with him.

He was ace under Carbonneau who didn't neuter him. He's a good PKer and a good energy player - I've followed him closely. Jacques dicked him around and I'm sure Vigneault is doing the same. He's a player that thrives when he gets MORE responsibilities not less. In juniors his role was to piss off Crosby and play against him. He's a Montrealer too, and he bleeds Bleu-Blanc-Rouge. He should be here.

The Nucks are failing because their coach is awful (seriously, he's bad) and their players are always injured.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
He was ace under Carbonneau who didn't neuter him. He's a good PKer and a good energy player - I've followed him closely. Jacques dicked him around and I'm sure Vigneault is doing the same. He's a player that thrives when he gets MORE responsibilities not less. In juniors his role was to piss off Crosby and play against him. He's a Montrealer too, and he bleeds Bleu-Blanc-Rouge. He should be here.

The Nucks are failing because their coach is awful (seriously, he's bad) and their players are always injured.

Carbonneau was using him 17 minutes some nights. If he needs that much ice time to be an adequate player, he's never going to play for a successful team.

As for bleeding red white and blue, well he proved it wasn't THAT much the case when he requested a trade to get out of Montreal. Plus, if anybody knows Lapierre well, it's Vigneault. He coached him in juniors and now is having him as an NHLer.

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
We need to go after Ryan Whitney in Edmonton and Max Talbot in Philadelphia for a solid playoff run.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder
Prust - Talbot - Armstrong
Moen
White
Dumont

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Diaz - Tinordi
Whitney
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

DEPTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
We need to go after Ryan Whitney in Edmonton and Max Talbot in Philadelphia for a solid playoff run.

Moen
White
Dumont

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Diaz - Tinordi
Whitney
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Please... not Ryan Whitney. Why would we want to give up anything for someone that has a slim chance of helping us and who will be gone next year. That idea sounds like the Gainey days all over again.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Moen
White
Dumont

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Diaz - Tinordi
Whitney
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

K, you'd want the Habs to trade assets for Whitney so he can be scratched ? makes sense :naughty:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
K, you'd want the Habs to trade assets for Whitney so he can be scratched ? makes sense :naughty:

Welcome to March, where Whitney has had 7 points in his last 10 games while being -4 on an awful Oilers defensive team and logging just under 20 minutes a game :handclap:

Not that I want Whitney, but to laugh at this guy's argument without checking up the facts is kind of... ordinary.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Welcome to March, where Whitney has had 7 points in his last 10 games while being -4 on an awful Oilers defensive team and logging just under 20 minutes a game :handclap:

Not that I want Whitney, but to laugh at this guy's argument without checking up the facts is kind of... ordinary.

really ? guess I'm the only one who noticed that the guy put Whitney as a 7TH D (you know, the player who is scratched when everyone's healthy)... dont care if the player has a hundred points in his last two games, if he's not playing he's of no use... not getting that IS ordinary.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
really ? guess I'm the only one who noticed that the guy put Whitney as a 7TH D (you know, the player who is scratched when everyone's healthy)... dont care if the player has a hundred points in his last two games, if he's not playing he's of no use... not getting that IS ordinary.

In a fire sale, as an insurance policy in case of injuries (because you know, that can happen quite often in the playoffs... in case you were still stuck in your wonderland where injuries never happen and tough play doesn't exist), the move still would be logical, and frankly, it wouldn't be the first time a team stockpiles some NHL calibre d-men on their squad before the deadline, especially when the said d-man is a UFA...

Getting dramatic about getting a player whose contract comes to an end and who could be a serviceable replacement if Diaz is out for longer than expected (because you know, that also is a possibility), is even worst.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The 3 players who I'd most like to see come to the Habs in order are:

Tomas Kopecky
Max Talbot
Paul Gaustad

I think all are character guys who can fit right into our team and make us play bigger and grittier.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Don't know why, but i think that MB is seriously looking at Morrow in Dallas... Could come cheap and be a good playoff warrior.

durojean

May 29, 2007
If Talbot is available we should make a push. A fouth line with Prust and Talbot would be sick.

A team full of warrior. Plus tgat makes 2 guy that could contribute on the other lines in case of injuries.

Prust Dumont Talbot ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
In a fire sale, as an insurance policy in case of injuries (because you know, that can happen quite often in the playoffs... in case you were still stuck in your wonderland where injuries never happen and tough play doesn't exist), the move still would be logical, and frankly, it wouldn't be the first time a team stockpiles some NHL calibre d-men on their squad before the deadline, especially when the said d-man is a UFA...

Getting dramatic about getting a player whose contract comes to an end and who could be a serviceable replacement if Diaz is out for longer than expected (because you know, that also is a possibility), is even worst.

whos dramatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad