Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Well....this was a great weekend for me. My most hated team in the East and the West are both out. Out of sight and out of mind. Good bye Leafs, you played 4 more games than my disappointing Sens, and good bye cheaters, Vegas. Good riddance. I can now watch some playoff hockey where I am not throwing a temper tantrum.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well....this was a great weekend for me. My most hated team in the East and the West are both out. Out of sight and out of mind. Good bye Leafs, you played 4 more games than my disappointing Sens, and good bye cheaters, Vegas. Good riddance. I can now watch some playoff hockey where I am not throwing a temper tantrum.
7 more?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We need Florida, Colorado and Edmonton to win which would put the Boston pick at 24.

Nice, good chance all that happens

Is say Dallas has the best shot to win their series - they are so good. Edmonton/Van got lucky with the draw - Vegas is out and one of Stars or Avs gone too.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:even funnier then because guys getting raped is the only thing even funnier than stupid women getting raped! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.

What’s even funnier is you making a big deal out of cartoon…..

Vegas should fire Cassidy... Maybe this new Sens regime won't pass on him.
Does he not have a good number of years left on a 5 Million per year contract… or is that just rumours?

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Bruins with a big advantage in net - not so sure Florida is going to run away with it
Boston is old and started showing signs of that. Take a look at games 1-4 of teh opening round and then 5, 6 and 7.

A healthy Maple Leafs would have won the series.

Plus Boston has committed the biggest mistake ever... They antagonized the Refs.. No calls are going their way.. Not unless Jacobs calls his Buddy, Bettman. We will know by the end of the first period. If Boston is being killed and no calls, then Bettman and Jacobs are staying out. And if that happens, the age and refs will favour Florida, big time.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
What’s even funnier is you making a big deal out of cartoon…..

Does he not have a good number of years left on a 5 Million per year contract… or is that just rumours?
What big deal? It's the funniest picture in the history of the internet. I mean, if you aren't laughing uncontrollably at cartoon rape, what can you even laugh at? I'm only giving it the appropriate amount of laughter it deserves. The crying, the skirt, the purse, it has it all!! HAHAHAHAH

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Rick Bowness going to retire.

Another coaching vacancy.
Coaching vacancies in San Jose, Seattle and Winnipeg with interims in LA, New Jersey, Ottawa and St. Louis. Expected vacancy in Toronto. Potential vacancies in Pittsburgh and Carolina.

I don't think I've ever seen this much movement, in a single offseason, among the coaching ranks. That's turnover, potentially, in a third of the league's teams. That has to be pretty unprecedented, right?

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
ya cassidy was the slam dunk guy to get before
Sure, if we could have held him at gunpoint to sign. There was a reason we only hired bottom of the barrel coaches looking to start an NHL career or trying to get back in after a long time away. These coaches do in fact have their own personal agency in the matter and most had no desire to sign with the Melnyk/Dorion lead sinking ship for pennies on the dollar of their true value.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Sure, if we could have held him at gunpoint to sign. There was a reason we only hired bottom of the barrel coaches looking to start an NHL career or trying to get back in after a long time away. These coaches do in fact have their own personal agency in the matter and most had no desire to sign with the Melnyk/Dorion lead sinking ship for pennies on the dollar of their true value.
Kind of like the POHO search. All we got for reports were basically names of people not interested in interviewing. It was a professional death sentence to join forces with amateur hour in Ottawa.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
ya they ran a bad organization and everyone knew it. Except for a few fans here who have thankfully cleared out

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pierre Dorion. He is a legend for all the wrong reasons.

I'm not even sure someone could do as badly as a GM even if they deliberately wanted to. I know it sounds silly but most of the time, for a GM who hasn't done well in a 7 years tenure, there will be one major blunder and a few questionable moves... In Dorion's case, there was SEVERAL blunders of this amplitude. This is absolutely unprecedented, not even for Milbury (I started to do a comparison and it was actually too scary how bad Dorion was)

I think this was clouded for a while because the Sens had a bunch of young exciting players, so it bought him some time and gave him amnesty from some people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I still don't understand why so many people are surprised that Mark Stone IS injury prone... I mean, this isn't new lol. 2 healthy seasons in his whole career, rookie season and the covid shortened season where he only missed 3 games overall.

Bruins with a big advantage in net - not so sure Florida is going to run away with it

Yeah, Bobrovsky is only a Vezina nominee and already won it twice in his career

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm not even sure someone could do as badly as a GM even if they deliberately wanted to. I know it sounds silly but most of the time, for a GM who hasn't done well in a 7 years tenure, there will be one major blunder and a few questionable moves... In Dorion's case, there was SEVERAL blunders of this amplitude. This is absolutely unprecedented, not even for Milbury (I started to do a comparison and it was actually too scary how bad Dorion was)

I think this was clouded for a while because the Sens had a bunch of young exciting players, so it bought him some time and gave him amnesty from some people.
I think the beginning and end summarizes things well for Dorion.

2 of his first 3 moves were trading away Zibanejad in a god awful transaction. Likely fueled by his trade up for Logan Brown less than a month prior. Awful bet and awful value here. Should have been fired right there.

Then he finished it off with the DeBrincat sell off and potentially the worst UFA contract ever given out in Ottawa to Korpisalo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Suck it Toronto

While it’s nice to see this, I still hate NMC’s, it’s a significant competitive disadvantage for small market and Canadian teams. Makes trading an uneven playing field, I don’t know how the NHL could not have seen this. It’s anti-parity.

How cute that you think the NHL really cares about parity. They care about the perception of parity but they really prefer big markets winning because it's more profitable.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Why would the Bruins/Panthers start tonight but the Oil and Canucks aren't until Wed?

Both Edm and Van have been sitting around for a while, already and the Bruins just finished on Saturday. Panthers have been waiting but it still seems odd.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You are on the wrong side of this and should just stop.

It is an incredibly insensitive and disgusting depiction. Promoting it or downplaying it is for insensitive and disgusting humans.
1715033087399.gif

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Tnuoc,

say a drunk driver hit you and injured you. How funny would drinking jokes be? If he hits your child, now how much more funny would they be?

If you are African Canadian/American, how funny are racial jokes?

If you are Jewish,,, Muslim, Asian, etc. How funny are racial/ethnic/religious jokes?

If you are a member of the LGBT community, how funny are homophobic jokes?

A middle aged, white male, is not offended by much. Few jokes, insults, actions affect him. He does not live in fear. As a male, he he is considerably less suspect to being raped, or beaten/injured. He is far less subject to racial discrimination, religious discrimination, etc.

And so, it becomes easy to say; Its just a joke.

For much of society, far more things affect them and so far more things become less of a joke.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Why would the Bruins/Panthers start tonight but the Oil and Canucks aren't until Wed?

Both Edm and Van have been sitting around for a while, already and the Bruins just finished on Saturday. Panthers have been waiting but it still seems odd.
Only thing i can think of is that they have to work around arena availability. I am assuming the Canucks arena may have had an event(s) planned today or tomorrow or something along those lines

Reactions: OD99

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 2