Speculation: Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habtchum*

I've always been a big fan of Boll, don't see why the Jackets would get rid of him though. I'd like to see him replace Armstrong as the #12 forward next year.

Get Bordeleau and it will be already a good start.

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
I'd definitely go for Clowe and Akost as free agents this summer. Try and trade for a mean dman would also be great.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And Hamilton is now filled up with forwards who are carbon copies of Leblanc.

We have drafted ourselves into a tough position. This playoff series showed that smallish forwards can be neutralized by bigger forwards and bigger DMen.

If we need an example, Gallagher was targeted and pounded into irrelevance.

You don't change a whole team and their prospect pool in one summer+30ish games.

I'm pretty sure you can expect things to change. I doubt Therrien and Bergevin are going to keep a team that can get beat up. Actually if we look at the guys Bergevin was interested in, Prust, Armstrong, Bouillon, Clowe (rumored to have discussed him with SJ), Sestito, Drewiske, they are all guys that can either scrap and/or are big (Bouillon is the only small one but he can hold his own and lay out people).
It'll be interesting to see what he does this summer.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Posted it in another thread, I would realistically target Stalberg and Torres. Stalberg to help with speed and transition on the wings, and Torres to have a legit hard hitting 3rd liner.

I'd also try and get Parros from Florida. A good fighter, good guy and a decent 4th liner. He's not a trash player like Bordeleau or McGrattan.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I think it's pretty obvious now that Desharnais has got to go. I've never seen more obvious cheating in the playoffs sine Mike Ribeiro. The way he would split his legs wide to stop skating or push the puck one hand to avoid a hit along the boards gave me chills.

Quarantesix

#Galchenyuk
Apr 29, 2009
Montréal
Posted it in another thread, I would realistically target Stalberg and Torres. Stalberg to help with speed and transition on the wings, and Torres to have a legit hard hitting 3rd liner.

I'd also try and get Parros from Florida. A good fighter, good guy and a decent 4th liner. He's not a trash player like Bordeleau or McGrattan.

Parros would be a fan favourite here for sure .
I'm not good in trade proposition but Gionta for Parros and a 2nd would make my day

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Habs D next season

In response to the Diaz thread.

I would like us to go after a number 3-4 (preferably big) guy like Hamrlik was for us back in the days, but other than that, our D would look like:

#3-4 guy that we'll use as #2 - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Georges

Bouillon
Etc...

With Tinordi and Beaulion starting in the AHL.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Desharnais has to go. He doesn't contribute much and next season, who's going to play fourth line minutes between Plekanec-Eller-Galchenyuk-Desharnais? Try to trade Desharnais, re-sign Halpern for the 4th line, and bring in some toughness through free agency.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I know our D sucks.. but i'd entertain offers for Markov.. He's slow.. and getting older.. maybe we could make a Rivet type trade with Markov...

just a thought!

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Of our UFAs Id let Ryder and Army walk. I like Halpern because of his good PK and face-off ability. However if you want to size up you could look at Steckel, but hes kind of slow.
I would target Clarkson as a UFA, hes only average size but like Bourque he drives the net, hits a lot and as a bonus, while not a heavy weight he fights a lot and wins a lot, only 29. I feel safer with him than Clowe because he followed up his 30 goals of last year with a on pace to hit 25 goals this year.
I would try to get Reaves out of the Blues or Boll from Columbus. Both hit, Reaves is a firehydrant at 6 foot 1 and 230lbs and he is, as a bonus, a good and willing fighter. Boll hits and fight also.
I like Diaz but we need size more than 3 PMDs ( 4 if you include Nathan B who will be working into the line-up over the next couple of years ). Target a team that needs a PMD, like the Flyers for the 6 foot 4 230 lbs ,solid PK, physical crease clearing Grossman.
Seriously look at moving DD. You can keep him into the season and give him a whirl with Patches and Clarkson on his line, but otherwise move him and let Galchenyuk play center.
We get bigger and tougher and shouldn't see a drop in production. More built for the play-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad