Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the rat in OT.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Not a bad game , Allen looks good, caufield should have tried to stop marchand from scoring there

Jay Dee looking like the worst player on the ice again

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Petry is becoming unprofessional. Plays when wants to. Should have delt him. Value will only drop now
Hughes needs to dress him down. Tell him that he is doing his best to move him to a team he will want to go to. But if he doesn't start making an effort then he won't care what team he sends him to.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Petry played a good game tonight. He’s also not responsible for that last goal. We made the wrong read on the play and it was a 3 on 1.

I don’t understand Drouin, his speed was one of his forces and he looks like he is the slowest of the team.

I really thought that our new style of play would suit Drouin better

People need to relax. He's played 2 games in 2 months... He was our best forward in the first half of the season.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Petry played a good game tonight. He’s also not responsible for that last goal. We made the wrong read on the play and it was a 3 on 1.

I don’t understand Drouin, his speed was one of his forces and he looks like he is the slowest of the team.

Drouin's stick is where plays go to die. That's a bit unfair given his long layoff, but I feel like there's always something extending that leash since he came here.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Boston is simply a great team that does everything well. Habs competed with them but damn when Boston needed that tying goal they turned it up a few notches.
The rebuild is on track.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Man, yes, bad pass to Suzuki from CC, but as soon as it looked like a 50-50 battle Petry should have backed off.

Instead, CC ends up trying to cover a 2 on 1. Suzuki gets back to help, but where the f*** is Petry? 3rd man is his!

2nd consecutive OT where he f***ed up and opposing team scores. Tank commander indeed.

Allen was godly.
Thought Armia played pretty well.
Dvorak is not sucking.
Schueneman continues to impress.

Drouin gave up the puck pretty much as soon as he touched it. I can't watch him for another year. Buy him out, please.

Hoffman was terrible.

Pitlick is caught in the middle of these 2 yahoos.

Oh well, only 1 point. Have an even tougher matchup vs Florida on Wednesday. Big Ben's 1st game with his new team is against us.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Man, yes, bad pass to Suzuki from CC, but as soon as it looked like a 50-50 battle Petry should have backed off.

Instead, CC ends up trying to cover a 2 on 1. Suzuki gets back to help, but where the f*** is Petry? 3rd man is his!

2nd consecutive OT where he f***ed up and opposing team scores. Tank commander indeed.

Allen was godly.
Thought Armia played pretty well.
Dvorak is not sucking.
Schueneman continues to impress.

Drouin gave up the puck pretty much as soon as he touched it. I can't watch him for another year. Buy him out, please.

Hoffman was terrible.

Pitlick is caught in the middle of these 2 yahoos.

Oh well, only 1 point. Have an even tougher matchup vs Florida on Wednesday. Big Ben's 1st game with his new team is against us.

Petry was back for the 3 on 1 and covered the guy closer to the net. He played really well after the mistake and back check really hard. Suzuki was the worst player on that play and is the only one that did not try to cut a play. He was also the one supposed to be on Marchand.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I was interested to see Drouin under MSL.

But not sure any style fits a turnover machine who's soft on the puck. Blow on him and he'll hand you the puck on a silver platter.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
Petry is becoming unprofessional. Plays when wants to. Should have delt him. Value will only drop now

How is that even possible? Not trading Petry at this time was the best move, unless you wanted him to pack his bag along with Guhle or our 2023 first for an abysmal return. HuGo were smart today.

Just wait till Petry is so mad against himself that his eyes turn red again, and then you trade him along with a lesser incentive. His shitty play the last few months has cost him added months away from his family, and he has only himself to blame for that.

Last edited:

Dach Vader

The Dachside
Mar 31, 2021
Entertaining game with a lot mistakes from both teams.

I think Caufield got a little too excited on that last play.

Savard was noticeably good. Romanov keeps doing his thing.

Schueneman has really been an interesting call up. He looks like he belongs. Hoping he can carry it over and become a real option for us.

Reactions: Forum93 and 1909

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Unfortunately for Hughes, the tough jobs are up next

How do you rid yourself of a

Broken, bad contract Gallagher
Gutless, lazy fourth line, overpaid Armia
One dimensional, soft, lazy Hoffman
Checked out Jeff Petry
I dont like hockey, but i was good at it so was told to play Drouin

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Petry was back for the 3 on 1 and covered the guy closer to the net. He played really well after the mistake and back check really hard. Suzuki was the worst player on that play and is the only one that did not try to cut a play. He was also the one supposed to be on Marchand.
I re-watched it. You're right Petry did get back. Suzuki didn't. He was supposed to take the 3rd guy (Marchand). Somehow everyone beat Suks up the ice, but I think he was furthest back too.

Oh well, we still suck in OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad