Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Oswald Cobblepots

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
This was such an exciting game, that I slept right through it.

Morgan Freeman Hes Right You Know GIF - Morgan Freeman Hes Right You Know  Correct - Discover & Share GIFs

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
It is becoming so difficult to watch this team. 26 more games.....
The one thing that is consistent lately is that if the other team is up by one or two goals you can pretty much turn it off and not waste any more of your precious time.I could probably take another year of Marty but not if he's surrounded with the other idiots that are part of his coaching staff .

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The one thing that is consistent lately is that if the other team is up by one or two goals you can pretty much turn it off and not waste any more of your precious time.I could probably take another year of Marty but not if he's surrounded with the other idiots that are part of his coaching staff .
Marty and his coaches have a raw group of young players surrounded by several vets who are not delivering. They can only do so much with what they have to work with.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Marty and his coaches have a raw group of young players surrounded by several vets who are not delivering. They can only do so much with what they have to work with.
I completely understand the fact that we have a sub par team but some of the losses and specifically defensive breakdowns are a direct result of poor coaching strategies .

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Loved MSL's face when Gallagher took that stupid penalty in the neutral zone. Basically saying to himself "how the f*** is he making $8M this year and getting another $9M next year...".

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That should be no prob now dive for 5!!!

Ghule has been awful last while
Not sure what the prob is
Fatigue perhaps.
I often wonder if he is able to keep his strength stamina and weight up over an 82 game schedule.
The dude needs some (balanced) strength conditioning for sure just don't go overboard with the bulk and screw up the skating a la Subban.

Reactions: larek

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Loved MSL's face when Gallagher took that stupid penalty in the neutral zone. Basically saying to himself "how the f*** is he making $8M this year and getting another $9M next year...".
Like it or not Marty it tells a story and it's not a good one.
Pittsburgh scored seconds into the ensuing penalty and 21 seconds later on the next shift.
(Crosby should have been called for impeding Suzuki)

The continual poor play of high salaried players can have a negative impact on the Kids.
As far as rebuilding.a Culture is concerned dealing with this will always be far more important than wins.
We aren't doing a great job at it. The Armia move was good but we could do more.
I would sit down with Gallagher and explain to him he is destined to be a player/coach in Laval next season.
We will have to bite the bullet but there is no reason for us not to be better by subtraction when we can be.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The curse of the modern day Habs continues
FFS... that truly sucks. Queue more Harris or Barron. Bleah.

Fatigue perhaps.
I often wonder if he is able to keep his strength stamina and weight up over an 82 game schedule.
The dude needs some (balanced) strength conditioning for sure just don't go overboard with the bulk and screw up the skating a la Subban.
He doesn't appear to be particularly strong. Might be tired ,or injured. Although I would never buy into the tired thing... these guys play 20 minutes 2-3 times a weeks. I think a 20 something athletic person shoul dbe able to handle that.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I would sit down with Gallagher and explain to him he is destined to be a player/coach in Laval next season.
He has a no move close that stop him from being send down to the AHL. Habs are stuck with Gallagher and the team need a coach with the guts to healthy scratch his ass.

Reactions: Walrus26

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Fatigue perhaps.
Maybe a game off here and there and some strength training and a bit of bulk in the off season same with kova

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He has a no move close that stop him from being send down to the AHL. Habs are stuck with Gallagher and the team need a coach with the guts to healthy scratch his ass.
We are paying him 9 million dollars next year. Give him a choice of what he wants to do but none of them include playing hockey for the Montreal Canadians. Supposed to be a team guy and a leader accept it and move on. If we have to healthy scratch him an entire season that isn't helping the team.

However I'm sure that biting the hand that feeds him will leave a great legacy. :skeptic:

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We are paying him 9 million dollars next year. Give him a choice of what he wants to do but none of them include playing hockey for the Montreal Canadians. Supposed to be a team guy and a leader accept it and move on. If we have to healthy scratch him an entire season that isn't helping the team.

However I'm sure that biting the hand that feeds him will leave a great legacy. :skeptic:
Unfortunately, this is what Gallagher's think about playing on the 4th line right now (from today's post practice scrum): “It’s not a good feeling. You want to be getting as many opportunities as possible. Hopefully you can earn that back and get back to what I’ve been for the majority of my career.”

Gallagher believe he can be a top 6 player still...:help:

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Unfortunately, this is what Gallagher's think about playing on the 4th line right now (from today's post practice scrum): “It’s not a good feeling. You want to be getting as many opportunities as possible. Hopefully you can earn that back and get back to what I’ve been for the majority of my career.”

Gallagher believe he can be a top 6 player still...:help:

He's always been a disillusioned f***.. part of why he drove Subban out of town, thought he should be the superstar.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
There is............some real truth to that.............................now, that being said, as much as I like MSL, some of his decisions at times, leave me wondering WTF man???

Anyhow, we do need another top 5-7 pick so, please let the losses be in games that we are not getting blown out..........and if we win a few down the stretch, may they be against TO, BOS, or the Sens......

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There is............some real truth to that.............................now, that being said, as much as I like MSL, some of his decisions at times, leave me wondering WTF man???

Anyhow, we do need another top 5-7 pick so, please let the losses be in games that we are not getting blown out..........and if we win a few down the stretch, may they be against TO, BOS, or the Sens......
I agree that his decisions should not excuse him from criticism

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad