Habs lose another game...

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Close how? We have played poorly and lost and played well and lost. The game against St louis was much closer to the latter than the former.

Everyone wants more wins and the puck luck excuse has worn out its welcome, but even in some losses we have played ok to good.
Doing well against St. Louis is not a moral victory. Their fans have been complaining about their terrible play and one even posted in GDT. And they lost to Anaheim and Colorado 3-4.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Bergevin has absolute, unquestioning, loyalty to Therrien. Expect this to continue.

I'm starting to believe that Bergevin really believes in this group and coaching staff to get us to the promised land.
He is just waiting for Price's return. I see him at trade deadline going for a bottom 6 player in order to transition him to a top 6 role.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He didnt trade for scott, he "helped" the NHL out and the writing was on the wall that Tinordi's days were numbered. So we send him down and he gets claimed ( or not) and we get nothing.

I'm fully aware, was obviously being facetious.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Plekanec is just about on pace for his normal point production whatever that is. He's usually strapped with the other teams' top lines. He's a good player with a mediocre support system. He'd be a great player on an upper echelon team.

Markov in the last few years has looked very slow at times during the regular season and playoffs. He has never been a playoff performer. Ever.

I was told different times his hockey acumen would make up for his lack of foot speed. I don't see that happening.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
MT needs to end this Galchenyuk-DD "experiment" now. Galchenyuk is a -5 in his last 2 games. At least with Eller on his wing he had a defensively responsible player on his line and someone who would do the dirty work for the line. Having said that I still think Eller looks better as the 3rd line center than on the wing. What a mess this team is.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I don't know what a coach is supposed to do about that 4th goal, so much basic hockey fail. First Eller can't cycle properly, holds it way too long as usual then the Hawks easily strip him. Then Panarin breaks around the RD, and heads into the corner with RD + backhecker chasing him, so Beaulieu abandons his coverage of PATRICK KANE (best in NHL), to be rush across and be the #3 man chasing Panarin? Leaving Kane all alone in front. How can NHL players being paid millions screw up so bad? That shouldn't even happen in Senior B leagues.

Lars Eller really needs to go, he is such deadweight holding down Galchenyuk. Again on that 4th goal shift, Alex makes nice plays to get it deep breaking through checks, pushes it off to Eller, who holds it way too long doing his usual wide circle away from the opponent net, then turns it over high on boards when he is inevitably cornered by checkers. This guy is just a moron.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Doing well against St. Louis is not a moral victory. Their fans have been complaining about their terrible play and one even posted in GDT. And they lost to Anaheim and Colorado 3-4.

Im not talking moral victories, im talking about an objective assesment of how they played. In St louis we carried the game, our "big" players showed up and we lost in overtime. That is still only worth one point but unless you only look at the box scores, saying we played poorly inn st louis doesnt pass the smell test.

There are PLENTY of examples of games we lost and sucked. Choose one of those because the loss against the blues wasnt one of them.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Im not talking moral victories, im talking about an objective assesment of how they played. In St louis we carried the game, our "big" players showed up and we lost in overtime. That is still only worth one point but unless you only look at the box scores, saying we played poorly inn st louis doesnt pass the smell test.

There are PLENTY of examples of games we lost and sucked. Choose one of those because the loss against the blues wasnt one of them.
I didn't say we sucked against the Blues. I said us looking good against them is partially due to their own team sucking.

I don't care if we play well against the Blues because the Blues make a habit of having every team that faces them look decent.

Sword

May 26, 2014
I don't know what a coach is supposed to do about that 4th goal, so much basic hockey fail. First Eller can't cycle properly, holds it way too long as usual then the Hawks easily strip him. Then Panarin breaks around the RD, and heads into the corner with RD + backhecker chasing him, so Beaulieu abandons his coverage of PATRICK KANE (best in NHL), to be rush across and be the #3 man chasing Panarin? Leaving Kane all alone in front. How can NHL players being paid millions screw up so bad? That shouldn't even happen in Senior B leagues.

Lars Eller really needs to go, he is such deadweight holding down Galchenyuk. Again on that 4th goal shift, Alex makes nice plays to get it deep breaking through checks, pushes it off to Eller, who holds it way too long doing his usual wide circle away from the opponent net, then turns it over high on boards when he is inevitably cornered by checkers. This guy is just a moron.

Haha, Eller was the best forward on the ice last night. You really put the blame on him instead of Beaulieu on that play?

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Look we just played arguably the best team in the league on a back to back where they were NOT on a back to back. Across the league teams on back to backs don't do well.

I look at the previous 2 games and the winter classic as positives. I'm still looking forward to seeing what this team can do.

I don't however, think the De La Rose substitution for Carr and Ghetto will be beneficial.

2 previous games? Loss + Loss. WC? Win against a half injured team (Marchand also suspended)

Not very positive if you ask me.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Did he or did he not turn it over after carrying it too far up the boards?

So because he turned the puck over, everyone else had to stop playing smart? I bet you also blame him for the Blues OT goal, because he chose to play it safe and head for a change instead of attacking.

Don't you agree Eller was the best forward for the Habs last night? Btw, RDS, who hate him with passion, named him the 3rd star of the game, that means he must have done something right.

Last edited:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I didn't say we sucked against the Blues. I said us looking good against them is partially due to their own team sucking.

I don't care if we play well against the Blues because the Blues make a habit of having every team that faces them look decent.

when we beat them 3-0 early in the season at home people were saying that we could (finally) play against the west.

The goals we scored were not flukes and their goalie played a good game. We were, perhaps for the first time in ages, not dependent on the since demoted players like carr to score. We didn't play error less hockey but I'd take a game like the blues 10 time out of 10 irrespective of the score. Some other games we lost we looked horrible and it was not surprise that we ended up on the short end.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Eller is more useless than Desharnais IMO and that is saying something.

What.

Eller is way more versatile than Desharnais, and he also gets tossed around lines every other game, never has the same wingers or centerman.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Haha, Eller was the best forward on the ice last night. You really put the blame on him instead of Beaulieu on that play?

Actually, I believe he put the blame on everyone on the ice on that play including Eller, with Beaulieu making the worst of the mistakes.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Eller is the best player at accomplishing nothing. He can skate around with the puck a lot but that is about it. He's basically Sekac with a stronger presence.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Eller is the best player at accomplishing nothing. He can skate around with the puck a lot but that is about it. He's basically Sekac with a stronger presence.

And what has DD done lately to be the better player of the two?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Even if this is true, most teams would love to have him because he can effectively neutralize other team's top lines while potting a few himself.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
hey at least Eller scored last night - not totally useless and he's been playing good lately with soooooo many of our players I * their performance because of Therrien theyre playing his **** system not their choice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad