Pre-Game Talk: Habs in Ottawa, Saturday Night | 7:00 pm on HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So he fanned on a shot and didn't bank in a shot that went a foot wide of his blade. Gotcha.

Must mean he had a terrible game overall!!!! Well done :handclap:

Seabrook made a great play on the second in close opportunity. We often tend to not give credit to the opposition for preventing a goal

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
It warms my heart to see the Bruins fans pulling for us. They are easily the Atlantic team I like the most after Ottawa. United vs. the Habs.

Will always have a soft spot in my heart for Bruins with Chara, Chia, Kelly and Daugz. And because they smash the Habs from time to time.

Seabrook made a great play on the second in close opportunity. We often tend to not give credit to the opposition for preventing a goal

Whiffing on a bouncing puck as it flies by at ~30-40km/h is also not really something you can begrudge him for when it also just ricochets pass you from 5 feet away.

Is Claesson out, Boro in confirmed?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
They are scratching Emelin. Is there a more powder puff defense than the Habs right now?

Weber doesn't engage physically anymore, Markov is 80 years old, petry isn't physical. Beaulieu is a pushover for his size. I don't know anything about Benn.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
We have no Neil, they have Ott. We have to dress Boro or risk being outgunned.

Pfft. Have you seen Ott play recently? He's completely useless. He is absolutely not a player that should dictate how you set your roster or gameplan.

If Montreal is dressing Ott, then you put skilled players on the ice and expose him for the absolute garbage of a hockey player that he is. Plus, he never fights, so having Boro out there, who is way out of Ott's league for fighting anyways, does absolutely nothing. Ott will throw a late hit and run away or turtle and if there's a doofus like Boro chasing after him then that is more of a detriment to Ottawa than it is to Montreal.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They are scratching Emelin. Is there a more powder puff defense than the Habs right now?

Weber doesn't engage physically anymore, Markov is 80 years old, petry isn't physical. Beaulieu is a pushover for his size. I don't know anything about Benn.

From what I have read Emelin has been atrocious this year. Hopefully we are all over this D tonight.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Benn is tough enough.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Pfft. Have you seen Ott play recently? He's completely useless. He is absolutely not a player that should dictate how you set your roster or gameplan.

If Montreal is dressing Ott, then you put skilled players on the ice and expose him for the absolute garbage of a hockey player that he is. Plus, he never fights, so having Boro out there, who is way out of Ott's league for fighting anyways, does absolutely nothing. Ott will throw a late hit and run away or turtle and if there's a doofus like Boro chasing after him then that is more of a detriment to Ottawa than it is to Montreal.

This toughness thing is getting way overblown. I agree, if you have to adjust your game plan for a player like Ott than somethings not right.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
We have no Neil, they have Ott. We have to dress Boro or risk being outgunned.

Ott isn't a heavy weight... He hasn't hit 100 pims in years...And he's the size of Mike Hoffman. 6'0, 189 pounds.

If stuff gets tough between whistles Smith and Phaneuf can tower over him and man handle him. He's a pesk. That's it. Slightly bigger Gallagher with way less skill. Not an issue.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Has he morphed into Borowiecki on a bad night?

Probably. I have very limited "Around the NHL" viewings this season. Mostly all Sens game for me.

These are the games Burrows was brought in for right? I hope he gets under the Habs skin and runs Price just like Gallagher runs our goalies.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Probably. I have very limited "Around the NHL" viewings this season. Mostly all Sens game for me.

These are the games Burrows was brought in for right? I hope he gets under the Habs skin and runs Price just like Gallagher runs our goalies.

The problem is, Gallagher doesn't get penalties for what he does. Now that Burrows is a Senator, he's getting called every time he does that.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
I like the way your 4 year old thinks!

I'm all set for tonight... got drinks (and "drinks") and apps and wings. Looking forward to a lazy night on the couch!

Given the back-to-back games I filled an extra growler on Friday, so yeah, I'm picking up what you're putting down.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
I like the way your 4 year old thinks!

I'm all set for tonight... got drinks (and "drinks") and apps and wings. Looking forward to a lazy night on the couch!

Given the back-to-back games I filled an extra growler on Friday, so yeah, I'm picking up what you're putting down.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
After last night's work madness, I hope I can have a minute tonight and at least keep an eye on the score. God St. Patty's day is nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad