Speculation: Habs have spoken with Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
LA is the team needing to unload d-men. I would not mind a Greene or Mitchell as short term solution. They are looking for scoring from the wing position.... maybe Bourque or DD ��

Nabbing Clifford might be nice as well.

Most Kings fans think Martinez is the one that's going to be on the move

Habsterix*

the funny thing is that if Briere wasnt a local boy, we would have 0 UFA signing
Well to be fair, Drewiske was a UFA this summer.

Also, if people listened with their ears open instead of their mouth, they'd notice that Bergevin has been saying for over a year that he doesn't believe in building a winner through free agency. It's trough sound drafting and development of our young prospects, and through trades.

He's traded for Parros to address the need for a heavyweight to help Prust, and he hasn't traded quality prospects and/or picks (Lefebvre and 7th for Parros).

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Well to be fair, Drewiske was a UFA this summer.

Also, if people listened with their ears open instead of their mouth, they'd notice that Bergevin has been saying for over a year that he doesn't believe in building a winner through free agency. It's trough sound drafting and development of our young prospects, and through trades.

He's traded for Parros to address the need for a heavyweight to help Prust, and he hasn't traded quality prospects and/or picks (Lefebvre and 7th for Parros).

But, but....don't you know that it is better to post about what we think MB is thinking rather than listen to him when he tells us. It fits our crazy theories much better that way. :)

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
The expectations for next year are already set so low. Unfortunately the players know this now as well.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Bickell wasn't physical (Especially against Chara) what PO did you watch? Bickell type player is what Montreal desperately needs stand in front of the opposing teams net and create room.

Remind me again.....exactly how many Bickell's are in the Black Hawks lineup? Hey I know how to get a player like Bickell.....we can draft one with our first round pick! I will pick up the MB hotline and tell him of this revelation immediately. If only I had of thought of this before this past draft.......oh well.

BTW....ask Hawk fans how much they liked Bickell in previous season's. He has been a long time whipping boy on their board. All you ever heard was how he wouldn't use his size and simply shot the puck into the goaltender's stomach.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The expectations for next year are already set so low. Unfortunately the players know this now as well.

I am sure they are disheartened to learn of their imminent failure from all of the experts on HF Boards. From those who have gained knowledge through deep connections in the NHL and who are keenly tuned in to the inner workings of dressing room politics......

Unfortunately this is the only forum where they can obtain such wisdom and accurate prognostications. They will be forced to read of their own demise while in search of higher learning here, where all is known and little is fabricated. :sarcasm:

The same experts who picked this team to finish near the top of our conference two seasons ago when we ended up with the 3rd overall pick. The same experts who picked us to fail miserably and miss the playoffs last season when we finished first in our division.......is anyone else in awe of the brilliant consensus that is often arrived at on this board

Last edited:

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Just like at the trade deadline, when MB stated that the goal of the playoffs had been accomplished.

The players responded well...

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Just like at the trade deadline, when MB stated that the goal of the playoffs had been accomplished.

The players responded well...

Then went on to badly outplay, outshoot and out chance the Senators only to be defeated by goaltending at both ends of the ice. Despite ridiculous injuries I might also add.

This happens every year in the playoffs. We have had Stanley Cup caliber teams that were quickly disposed of when Roy had a bad playoff performance. It also has happened to Brodeur and the Devils between winning Cups.

I am not necessarily saying that this team was a strong Cup contender but the East was wide open and with goaltending being the most important but wildly unpredictable variable......**** happens.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Then went on to badly outplay, outshoot and out chance the Senators only to be defeated by goaltending at both ends of the ice. Despite ridiculous injuries I might also add.

This happens every year in the playoffs. We have had Stanley Cup caliber teams that were quickly disposed of when Roy had a bad playoff performance. It also has happened to Brodeur and the Devils between winning Cups.

I am not necessarily saying that this team was a strong Cup contender but the East was wide open and with goaltending being the most important but wildly unpredictable variable......**** happens.

We had injuries? How about Karlsson at 50% and no Spezza?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Karlsson at 50% makes me laugh though. It's what sens fans want us to believe when Subban outplayed him. Karlsson was clearly not 100% but 50% is overdoing it.

That being said, I understand your point. We're not only one with injuries.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Spezza played 5 regular season games for the Sens that year. They had the entire season to cope without him, find a replacement, build chemistry, etc. For all intents and purposes, he wasn't even a part of their 2012-13 season. Considerably different from losing someone at the end of the year or in the playoffs.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Spezza played 5 regular season games for the Sens that year. They had the entire season to cope without him, find a replacement, build chemistry, etc. For all intents and purposes, he wasn't even a part of their 2012-13 season. Considerably different from losing someone at the end of the year or in the playoffs.

Exactly.....we were decimated in that series and they bring up a player that they didn`t have all season and Karlsson not being 100%.....laughable

Regardless...we still badly outplayed them. Price was terrible and Anderson was outstanding....end of story.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Luke DeCock ‏@LukeDeCock 25m

Brenden Morrow's agent confirmed he has spoken with the Hurricanes and expects to do so again. 34-yo LW was a Muller teammate in Dallas.

Toro

Sep 6, 2005
Windsor
Luke DeCock ‏@LukeDeCock 25m

Brenden Morrow's agent confirmed he has spoken with the Hurricanes and expects to do so again. 34-yo LW was a Muller teammate in Dallas.

That's a logical destination for him, he is the kind of forward Rutherford would target. The Muller connection is a bonus too for them.

I am still hoping he lands in Montreal. With him we have a lot of options and can go into the season with a very solid 4 lines of forwards.

Let some youngsters show what they can do on defence till Emelin gets back and then maybe we are in a good position at the trade deadline to get rid of some depth we don't want anymore(Gionta,Moen,Gorges etc.) for a piece of the future?

Last edited:

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
That's a logical destination for him, he is the kind of forward Rutherford would target. The Muller connection is a bonus too for them.

I am still hoping he lands in Montreal. With him we have a lot of options and can go into the season with a very solid 4 lines of forwards.

Let some youngsters show what they can do on defence till Emelin gets back and then maybe we are in a good position at the trade deadline to get rid of some depth we don't want anymore(Gomez,Moen,Gorges etc.) for a piece of the future?

Gomez came back? NOOOOOO!

Jokes. I think you meant Gionta...

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
I am sure they are disheartened to learn of their imminent failure from all of the experts on HF Boards. From those who have gained knowledge through deep connections in the NHL and who are keenly tuned in to the inner workings of dressing room politics......

Unfortunately this is the only forum where they can obtain such wisdom and accurate prognostications. They will be forced to read of their own demise while in search of higher learning here, where all is known and little is fabricated. :sarcasm:

The same experts who picked this team to finish near the top of our conference two seasons ago when we ended up with the 3rd overall pick. The same experts who picked us to fail miserably and miss the playoffs last season when we finished first in our division.......is anyone else in awe of the brilliant consensus that is often arrived at on this board

Aahahaha! Best post ever!

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Karlsson at 50% makes me laugh though. It's what sens fans want us to believe when Subban outplayed him. Karlsson was clearly not 100% but 50% is overdoing it.

That being said, I understand your point. We're not only one with injuries.

Multiple doctors stated that he was no where near 100%.

Habiton

Apr 30, 2010

We're icing a team that's better than the year where we finished 2nd in the East. I think their Morale is fine and the expectations are in check.

I will be shocked if we don't make the playoffs.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
We're icing a team that's better than the year where we finished 2nd in the East. I think their Morale is fine and the expectations are in check.

I will be shocked if we don't make the playoffs.

This Habs team will make the playoffs for sure.

It's what they do once they are in the playoffs that is the cause for discussion regarding "improvement".

Some people are content with just making the playoffs. Others are not.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Multiple doctors stated that he was no where near 100%.

I didn't realize that he had seen multiple doctor's who then breached patient/physician confidentiality regulations when they held their respective news conferences to announce this information.

Or there is the other alternative........somebody is telling stories.

Everyone knows he wasn't 100%......can't we just leave it at that?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Let some youngsters show what they can do on defence till Emelin gets back and then maybe we are in a good position at the trade deadline to get rid of some depth we don't want anymore(Gionta,Moen,Gorges etc.) for a piece of the future?

I'm surprised MB hasn't signed Morrow...maybe he is looking for more term(3-4 years) or more money(4-4.5/year) than MB wants to give.

Maybe it's the other part that isn't happening...like trading DD for a pick/prospect. The center market is still in flux with Grabovsky still out there. I think a Morrow signing means DD out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad