Proposal: Habs -Flyers/Isles/Devils/Jackets/Avs

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Thanks for proving you don't know anything about any of the players.

I think you don't know anything about any of the players.

Trade opinion can differ from one person to another so I won't argue on this even if I think these deals are bad for Montreal.

What comparable did you use to sign Zadorov (5.5M) and Anderson (6M)?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
For one I am Canadian. We’ve been on a full lockdown for over a month now and no one is complaining. We have sane and (relatively) good leaders as well. Absolutely no one is protesting because we all understand the gravity of the situation and we want to do our part.

That being said:

View attachment 342768

Ghost went from 65 to 37 to on pace for 23 points while also being a healthy scratch more than once this season.

But, sure, right, he’s still a valuable assets that everyone wants

There's a million miles between your two statements.

The other argument is that maybe he's been injured and his last month has been the first time he's been fully fit in a couple of years? His play certainly backs that up.

Just like Giroux when he was 'washed up' and when Couturier was useless, we're very happy to keep our player.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
There's a million miles between your two statements.

The other argument is that maybe he's been injured and his last month has been the first time he's been fully fit in a couple of years? His play certainly backs that up.

Just like Giroux when he was 'washed up' and when Couturier was useless, we're very happy to keep our player.

You’re going to have to. At the very least it won’t be Montreal buying for Ghost

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That's not up to either of us. You'd think Montreal in their current state would want any talent they could get, but you seem to disagree. *Shrug*

You nailed it. You said talent. We're in no position to take a risk on a guy who's been on a sharp decline for two straight years. Habs would be interested in scooping up good young top 4 LHD from a team that is cap strapped (St-Louis-Dunn, Tampa Bay-Sergachev etc..) but if that option is not possible we will take our time and develop our own talent. It's not like we're lacking a good prospect pool either

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
You nailed it. You said talent. We're in no position to take a risk on a guy who's been on a sharp decline for two straight years. Habs would be interested in scooping up good young top 4 LHD from a team that is cap strapped (St-Louis-Dunn, Tampa Bay-Sergachev etc..) but if that option is not possible we will take our time and develop our own talent. It's not like we're lacking a good prospect pool either

Then you stop making Ghost to Montreal trade offers (I don't mean you specifically, I mean you as a collective you). I mean if the ask is Ghost for a 2nd, we really have no reason to make that trade. It does nothing for the Flyers. Just like all the "low ball" offers for Drouin. I'm sure you enjoy those.

With that being said Montreal would be a decent place for Ghost. But there really isn't a good trade to work out. There is no player on the Habs that has similar value to Ghost (either too low value wise, or too high value wise). Plus picks are in a similar vein while not really helping Philly, who are beginning their window to compete.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs don’t believe their sending 30 cents on the dollar. They’re holding all the valuable pieces in each of the deals. If they consider the player and team having another poor season, maybe they’ll understand. They need a shakeup in their organization..players like Ghost and Zadorov have potential and after the EX Draft there is no chance will they be available at these low prices.
If you think that Zadorov is worth Drouin your either trolling or need a new sport to follow.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I've been saying for a while now the Avs should trade for Drouin- it makes sense. But the Avs would need to pay more here, and honestly I think they would.

Also you have the lineup wrong as far as LHD, Murray would be the best- not the worst.
Also while that Dcore doesnt look bad, the forwards are atrocious. It wouldn't be as bad if either of the players took the offersheets though.

How exactly does it make sense? Sakic seems much more likely to target guys who can be had for cheap, like he did last off-season with Donskoi and Burakovsky. And, assuming Burakovsky re-signs, our top 6 doesn't have any glaring needs, other than getting/staying healthy.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Drouin is bordering on being a bust for his high draft position. Flashes of decent scoring coupled with terrible defensive play and poor attitude. Ghost and Zadorov had some good and bad seasons, inconsistencies is an issue.

so what’s your point? We don’t want to trade Drouin for Zadorov. Period. Somehow Avs fans need to move on from that pipe dream.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Wood has better hands and might be a bit faster while adding a bigger body to the lineup. He's a threat shorthanded and from the games I've watched he's just as tenacious on the forecheck.

Some players get hurt frequently, then all of a sudden they catch a break and they're healthy for a few season. It is a bit of a gamble/risk that he stays healthy, even for 70 games but if he does that would be huge.

Anderson can bring an element we don't have and easily match what Drouin has produced here in terms of goals

Jost doesn't look promising, he's still young and fills a roster spot and he's a low risk medium - high reward. I'm sure he got some opportunities in Colorado, but I doubt consistently with the depth of talent they have.

Josh Anderson is easily a top 6 player. Drouin, the way he's played for us, isn't a top 6 forward on a contending team.

Good breakdown, though and while it's hard to tell, I'm not being sarcastic. Instead of saying something irrelevant you actually broke it down constructively.

Realistically, I would see if either offersheet took and if it did, try to acquire Ghost, or Murray and Anderson, Wood deal easily.

If I couldn't get either centre, or another centre close to Domi, I'd sell, which sucks, because you would want 2022 picks and teams aren't going to deal them

I don’t think you have checked Anderson’s performance during 2019/2020...

You clearly lack an understanding of Habs needs and player value.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Pretty much right Zadorov does alot of things wrong but can also happens to be that amazing top 4 dman that could play on your top pairing on given night. Inconsistency is his biggest problem. I think pretty much every Avs fans expect to get something like a 2nd + 3rd/4th with Zadorov not the main piece for a top 6 forward.

Jost is meh I doubt he has some value right now but I'm willing to wait with him he looked good in the last playoffs and post trade deadline. Of course if we can get a player like Drouin with him I do it in a heartbeat.

Well that's the point, I believe Zadorov is a nice piece to have don't get me wrong, and I do see him packaged for a Top 6 forward (with more than Jost though) but I do not understand some Habs' fan obsession with trading Drouin, he is one of MTL's top 6 forward and they have nobody to replace him yet (Caufield is not NHL ready)

Reactions: Spilot23

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Wood has better hands and might be a bit faster while adding a bigger body to the lineup. He's a threat shorthanded and from the games I've watched he's just as tenacious on the forecheck.

Some players get hurt frequently, then all of a sudden they catch a break and they're healthy for a few season. It is a bit of a gamble/risk that he stays healthy, even for 70 games but if he does that would be huge.

Anderson can bring an element we don't have and easily match what Drouin has produced here in terms of goals

Jost doesn't look promising, he's still young and fills a roster spot and he's a low risk medium - high reward. I'm sure he got some opportunities in Colorado, but I doubt consistently with the depth of talent they have.

Josh Anderson is easily a top 6 player. Drouin, the way he's played for us, isn't a top 6 forward on a contending team.

Good breakdown, though and while it's hard to tell, I'm not being sarcastic. Instead of saying something irrelevant you actually broke it down constructively.

Realistically, I would see if either offersheet took and if it did, try to acquire Ghost, or Murray and Anderson, Wood deal easily.

If I couldn't get either centre, or another centre close to Domi, I'd sell, which sucks, because you would want 2022 picks and teams aren't going to deal them

Ok let's assume that Wood is a marginal improvement over Lehkonen, but he won't be a game changer for MTL, that we can agree about that, and apparently NJD fans seem to think he is worth more than that.

I disagree regarding Drouin vs Anderson, Drouin does a lot of things right, look at last year : it is no coincidence Domi scored that many points, Drouin is very positioned offensively and tends to drag D-men to him and free up position even when he does not score points. He is a 50-60 point scorer, should improve his defensive skills, for sure, but you don't ask more points from a second line...

The issue with MTL is that they have two good/very good 2nd line but no first line to be able to contend. They need that elite guy driving the offense, and honestly except Hall at a very high price, I do not see how they can get such a talent to compete right now.

The other problem is defense as you mentioned, but I disagree with you : a guy who is injured as much as Murray cannot be relied upon, you cannot build a strategy on a guy who may play 40-60 games per season. When he plays, he is a top 2D, no question, hence CBJ will want a high return but nobody should pay it due to the number of games played on average.

I think Gostisbehere is an interesting one, especially since his stock has been falling, the main question mark remains : where does Romanov play next year ? I don't see him 1st line ready so...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I think you don't know anything about any of the players.

Trade opinion can differ from one person to another so I won't argue on this even if I think these deals are bad for Montreal.

What comparable did you use to sign Zadorov (5.5M) and Anderson (6M)?

Trade opinion can differ but when someone doesn't, or when someone says terrible and either doesn't follow it up, or when prompted state why, then they don't know.

Those are the max numbers and that likely have longish deals. Anderson in all likelihood is a 2, or 3 year deal at around 4, 4.5 as a let's see how you do and mesh here.

Zadorov is likely looking at 4.5, or maybe more. He's just over 3.5 currently and can argue he brings a rare element in today's game.

With the cap.not going up, both of them might sign short, less than expected deals to then cash in when the cap goes up, unless offered a big deal.

Yes THANK YOU for proving you don't know anything about any of the players.

I don’t think you have checked Anderson’s performance during 2019/2020...

You clearly lack an understanding of Habs needs and player value.

Habs need LHD, habs need size. Habs also need a number 1 centre and they need depth.

Let's assume Montreal got either offer sheet, do you want Suzuki on the 4t like, or wing ? 2nd line winger wouldn't be too bad, but he looked well as a centre, so that likely means Domi is gone. If you're content with Suzuki as a winger, then Drouin is likely gone, or Tatar perhaps. Drouin is more likely to get dealt in a hockey trade, but at the same time in this scenario I would want Ghost, or get more picks and prospects and see if the habs can take on Dunn and Allen, assuming Dunn is available.

Wood for Lehkonen and a 3rd adds about 300k cap, improves the team and adds some.size.

Ok let's assume that Wood is a marginal improvement over Lehkonen, but he won't be a game changer for MTL, that we can agree about that, and apparently NJD fans seem to think he is worth more than that.

I disagree regarding Drouin vs Anderson, Drouin does a lot of things right, look at last year : it is no coincidence Domi scored that many points, Drouin is very positioned offensively and tends to drag D-men to him and free up position even when he does not score points. He is a 50-60 point scorer, should improve his defensive skills, for sure, but you don't ask more points from a second line...

The issue with MTL is that they have two good/very good 2nd line but no first line to be able to contend. They need that elite guy driving the offense, and honestly except Hall at a very high price, I do not see how they can get such a talent to compete right now.

The other problem is defense as you mentioned, but I disagree with you : a guy who is injured as much as Murray cannot be relied upon, you cannot build a strategy on a guy who may play 40-60 games per season. When he plays, he is a top 2D, no question, hence CBJ will want a high return but nobody should pay it due to the number of games played on average.

I think Gostisbehere is an interesting one, especially since his stock has been falling, the main question mark remains : where does Romanov play next year ? I don't see him 1st line ready so...

Lehkonen isn't a game changer. The Wood addition gets Montreal a little better, a little bigger and maybe a little faster as Wood has some nice wheels.

There are 2 offer sheets. In an ideal and lucky world Montreal is able to sign and get 1 of the 2, but I doubt it at this point.

The trades make Montreal a better team on the back end that can move the puck and should make their pp dangerous again.

An ideal world is to get one of the 2 centers from the offersheet, do a trade or two above with edits for 2020.picks to 2021 and go from there with still have our high 1st round pick in 2020,KK and our good prospects.

Agreed Murray is a bit if a gamble. Could be a huge payoff, or disappointment. Hell, both he and Anderson could be a disappointment, but at least the team would be trying to take an odd surplus for the habs and turn it into strengthening needs. Domi isn't a throw away and this trade was the hardest as the habs need Domi, but they need those other players.

Why Bergevin is already thinking he can play in the NHL, unless it's a tactic to help get him over is beyond me.

However, that's partly where Zadorov comes in. Zads would give Montreal a Russian on the team and potentially 2 if Kovalchuk does come back.

I would like Montreal to draft Yegor Sokolov and try to trade for Evgeni Svechnikov(Detroit) as that would give Laval Russians, so Romanov would insulated, as I don't believe he speaks English well at this point.

KK, Poehling, and Romanov start the year in the AHL.

Reactions: Patagonia

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Well that's the point, I believe Zadorov is a nice piece to have don't get me wrong, and I do see him packaged for a Top 6 forward (with more than Jost though) but I do not understand some Habs' fan obsession with trading Drouin, he is one of MTL's top 6 forward and they have nobody to replace him yet (Caufield is not NHL ready)
Add me to the confused ones if Zadorov is the main piece for Drouin :laugh:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
"BARZAL OFFER SHEET - Lamoriello claims it'll be matched"
To be fair, do you think he's going to say "if you offer enough, we won't match " ?

Exactly!

And I'm pretty doggone sure that if the Habs would offer him 11.5 per, then the Isles aren't matching that. It would blow their pay structure apart.

It'd be a pretty insane contract to offer, as special as Barzal is, but Barzal's camp would probably sign before the contract was completely printed. Why wouldn't he?

The Islanders, having lost Tavares and soon moving into a new building, have little to gain by obtaining 4 first rounders at this juncture. Their window is kind of in the here and now. And Montreal has had MANY draft picks in recent years.

But if Barzal would be out of the picture, one would have to think that Lamoriello would be become the front runner for Hall (why not? - he was for Panarin last summer) and probably wouldn't hesitate to sign an old friend like Adam Henrique to somewhat shore up the center position.

Barzal would be irreplaceable for the here and now, no doubt, and the Isles would be forced to take another approach, but one that isn't that uncommon for Lamoriello.

And it's clear why Barzal would have to be of great interest to Montreal. I have little doubt that his production picks up 15-20% on a team where his reigns would be freed up more.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Zadorov is much better than montreal fan's think. He played his best hockey when he play with Jonhson(< than Weber) as 1st pair.He skate very well and he is strong.

Aight, sold, I'd do a 2nd for him

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
OP needs to understand that in these hard times of sucking, Montreal would lose a whole bunch of fans by trading a local, dynamic and exciting player to watch like Drouin. That, my dude, the upper management would not want.

Now, you're saying that we trade that local, dynamic and exciting player for Zadorov, I mean come on.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Agreed Murray is a bit if a gamble. Could be a huge payoff, or disappointment. Hell, both he and Anderson could be a disappointment, but at least the team would be trying to take an odd surplus for the habs and turn it into strengthening needs. Domi isn't a throw away and this trade was the hardest as the habs need Domi, but they need those other players.

Why Bergevin is already thinking he can play in the NHL, unless it's a tactic to help get him over is beyond me.

However, that's partly where Zadorov comes in. Zads would give Montreal a Russian on the team and potentially 2 if Kovalchuk does come back.

I would like Montreal to draft Yegor Sokolov and try to trade for Evgeni Svechnikov(Detroit) as that would give Laval Russians, so Romanov would insulated, as I don't believe he speaks English well at this point.

KK, Poehling, and Romanov start the year in the AHL.

Bergevin may not want to go for the offersheet route two seasons in a row especially he failed completely last year, and even though Barzal is a top player, do you really want to pay him McDavid/ Tavares money... Would mean 23m tied between two players. And I do not think that you cannot fit Zadorov + Murray under the cap if you pay this amount to Barzal. In addition, if you trade Domi and Drouin, who plays with Barzal ? Tatar and Gallagher ? Then who plays 2nd line ? Wood - Suzuki - Armia, that is bad.... :/

Would love to see Svenchnikov (DET) but I do not see why they would consider that, they are rebuilding and he is one of the guys they want to build upon.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Is it really wise to give up FOUR 1st rd picks when you have Byron (10pts in 29 games) and Anderson (4pts in 26 games) pencilled into the top 6. Add in Suzuki, who has shown decent offense but is pretty bad away from the puck, and you have arguably the weakest top 6 group outside of detroit in the NHL...and no 1st rd pick until 2025

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Bergevin may not want to go for the offersheet route two seasons in a row especially he failed completely last year, and even though Barzal is a top player, do you really want to pay him McDavid/ Tavares money... Would mean 23m tied between two players. And I do not think that you cannot fit Zadorov + Murray under the cap if you pay this amount to Barzal. In addition, if you trade Domi and Drouin, who plays with Barzal ? Tatar and Gallagher ? Then who plays 2nd line ? Wood - Suzuki - Armia, that is bad.... :/

Would love to see Svenchnikov (DET) but I do not see why they would consider that, they are rebuilding and he is one of the guys they want to build upon.

I'd love to see the habs give a 20ishg/60ishpt C 11.5 per and give up four 1sts

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Is it really wise to give up FOUR 1st rd picks when you have Byron (10pts in 29 games) and Anderson (4pts in 26 games) pencilled into the top 6. Add in Suzuki, who has shown decent offense but is pretty bad away from the puck, and you have arguably the weakest top 6 group outside of detroit in the NHL...and no 1st rd pick until 2025

Who the hell is Anderson and how exactly did you come to a conclusion that Suzuki is bad away from the puck?

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad