Proposal: Habs -Flyers/Isles/Devils/Jackets/Avs

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
that makes zero sense either for the Habs. Drouin is part of our long term future. Guys like Tatar are who we should be trading next season.
I just can't imagine Montreal competing before his contract is up and if they resign him, he'd be close to or in his 30s by the time they are competetive.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Lehkonen isn't that good, but Wood is a slight upgrade.

upload_2020-4-19_17-56-2.gif

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I just can't imagine Montreal competing before his contract is up and if they resign him, he'd be close to or in his 30s by the time they are competetive.

A lot can change in a couple years. Habs will obviously hold onto their young promising players and deal away their older vets. Like every other team. Drouin is locked up long term - they are not trading him for picks.

We have 14 draft picks this year including 3 x 2nds and we have 11 picks the year after (with multiple 2nds). Adding a Col late 1st round pick + isn’t going to move the needle.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Lehkonen isn't that good, but Wood is a slight upgrade.

Drouin hasn't been that great for us aside from the start of this season. He could get more, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Again, they could get more for him, but he likely needs yet another change of scenery.

To be fair, do you think he's going to say "if you offer enough, we won't match " ?

They were just numbers thrown out.

Anderson, if he plays a full season more than likely passes Drouins 15 goals a season, or whatever it is he averages with us. Domi is a tough loss, but he's been widely inconsistent this year and a lot of the time loos like he doesn't care.

I just listed the d as I remembered "acquiring them" and threw Chiarot down there just because that's where he goes. I forgot Kulak was on the team.

We need 2 LHD. Mete is kinda crap.

Wood is an upgrade on Lehkonen. 3rd round pick is meh. Drouin might get more, hopefully he does, but I'm not so sure at this point.

One 2nd is a high second. If he's dealt, i imagine you're going to be surprised that he doesn't return what you're expecting, unless the flyers hold on to him and he gets back to his old ways, but then i doubt he's traded.

That's because they're 2nd round pick and Ikonen for PLD, or something like that.

Drouin, for the 3rd time might get more, but he's been widely inconsistent and disappears for large stretches. Even when he and Domi looked kind of good it was from getting points against Detroit and Ottawa.

Drouin has been a massive disappointment with the habs.
that offer isn’t “too much” though

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Colorado does that trade all day long. They need a top 6 forward, and whilst Drouin isn't the player I would specifically target, in this case I would make the trade. Drouin would be a good setup guy for Kadri and Burakovsky who are both shoot-first guys rather than passers, or alternatively riding shotgun with Mackinnon again.

Zadorov is the odd man out in a numbers game at LHD (Girard, Byram, Graves,...) so he's likely getting moved this summer regardless. Jost is a bit of a wildcard as he could yet break out, but to get a legit top 6 forward for him would be a good deal. The pick swap from ~85th (Col 3rd) to ~115th (Vegas 4th) is negligible.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Colorado does that trade all day long. They need a top 6 forward, and whilst Drouin isn't the player I would specifically target, in this case I would make the trade. Drouin would be a good setup guy for Kadri and Burakovsky who are both shoot-first guys rather than passers, or alternatively riding shotgun with Mackinnon again.

Zadorov is the odd man out in a numbers game at LHD (Girard, Byram, Graves,...) so he's likely getting moved this summer regardless. Jost is a bit of a wildcard as he could yet break out, but to get a legit top 6 forward for him would be a good deal. The pick swap from ~85th (Col 3rd) to ~115th (Vegas 4th) is negligible.

if the Habs wanted Zadorov, they would just offer one of our second round picks for him. Drouin wouldn’t be in the conversation.

Reactions: Richard88

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Flyers trade offer is right in value after Ghost's year. I would rather keep Ghost but have doubts Flyer management agrees.
No reason to trade Gost for that offer. We did not trade Gudas for 2 2nd round picks, you think we will trade Gost for that? ha ha

Last edited:
Reactions: Devonator

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The thing is that I do not see what MTL gains in those trades :
- I do not know Wood that much but the numbers do not indicate he is better than Lehkonen who is very serious defensively, so why even bother with this trade ?
- a 2nd pairing Dman who looked like a top pairing D man but is now trending downwards
- a 4/5 Dman in Zadorov, stay at home D man who if you hear Avs fans does a lot of things wrong and would not be a real improvement to what the Habs have
- a 4th liner in Jost
- a top 1/2 Dman who can't stay healthy
- a forward who had one good year at 47 points o/w 27 goals but has not shown anything this season

And for that they pay :
- several picks (o/w 2 2nds)
- two top 6 forwards (realistically 2nd liners on contending teams) who are not replaced by any trade

Bad for MTL strategically.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
No reason to trade Gost for that offer. We did not trade Gudas doe 2 2nd round picks you think we will trade Gost for that? ha ha
Do I want the Flyers to trade him form 2 2's? No I would rather repair him next year, put him back at pp1 and try to get back the old Ghost. Do i think there is one team in the NHL that will give up pick 15-26 for Ghost or better? ABSOLUTELY NONE! The trade offer is the best you are going to see. With expansion draft coming up teams are not going to lose their 1 and their own 3rd D player in ED to acquire Ghost. Will AV and Flyers be smart enough and not trade for 30 cents on the dollar? THAT IS THE QUESTION!

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
- I do not know Wood that much but the numbers do not indicate he is better than Lehkonen who is very serious defensively, so why even bother with this trade ?
- a 2nd pairing Dman who looked like a top pairing D man but is now trending downwards
- a 4/5 Dman in Zadorov, stay at home D man who if you hear Avs fans does a lot of things wrong and would not be a real improvement to what the Habs have
- a 4th liner in Jost

- a forward who had one good year at 47 points o/w 27 goals but has not shown anything this season

And for that they pay :
- two top 6 forwards (realistically 2nd liners on contending teams) who are not replaced by any trade

Pretty much right Zadorov does alot of things wrong but can also happens to be that amazing top 4 dman that could play on your top pairing on given night. Inconsistency is his biggest problem. I think pretty much every Avs fans expect to get something like a 2nd + 3rd/4th with Zadorov not the main piece for a top 6 forward.

Jost is meh I doubt he has some value right now but I'm willing to wait with him he looked good in the last playoffs and post trade deadline. Of course if we can get a player like Drouin with him I do it in a heartbeat.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Do I want the Flyers to trade him form 2 2's? No I would rather repair him next year, put him back at pp1 and try to get back the old Ghost. Do i think there is one team in the NHL that will give up pick 15-26 for Ghost or better? ABSOLUTELY NONE! The trade offer is the best you are going to see. With expansion draft coming up teams are not going to lose their 1 and their own 3rd D player in ED to acquire Ghost. Will AV and Flyers be smart enough and not trade for 30 cents on the dollar? THAT IS THE QUESTION!

Habs don’t believe their sending 30 cents on the dollar. They’re holding all the valuable pieces in each of the deals. If they consider the player and team having another poor season, maybe they’ll understand. They need a shakeup in their organization..players like Ghost and Zadorov have potential and after the EX Draft there is no chance will they be available at these low prices.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Habs don’t believe their sending 30 cents on the dollar. They’re holding all the valuable pieces in each of the deals. If they consider the player and team having another poor season, maybe they’ll understand. They need a shakeup in their organization..players like Ghost and Zadorov have potential and after the EX Draft there is no chance will they be available at these low prices.

We certainly don’t. I don’t understand why you would think that and even if we did declining players like Ghost and inconsistent #5-6 in Zadorov clearly aren’t the answer.

You can keep your discounted yard sale players and either protect or lose them in the coming ED

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

You want a top 6 player with great talent?? Make it Graves instead of Zadorov and you might have a deal. WE are in no position to trade players with that kind of talent for secondary pieces.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
We certainly don’t. I don’t understand why you would think that and even if we did declining players like Ghost and inconsistent #5-6 in Zadorov clearly aren’t the answer.

You can keep your discounted yard sale players and either protect or lose them in the coming ED

Drouin is bordering on being a bust for his high draft position. Flashes of decent scoring coupled with terrible defensive play and poor attitude. Ghost and Zadorov had some good and bad seasons, inconsistencies is an issue.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
1) Habs this offseason or just before ED need to add at least one D and honestly adding 2 D and trading Petry is not a bad idea. Seattle is not taking on the Weber contract in ED and Mete Habs of course should keep. Is that Ghost or Dunn or Z? You decide.
2)1a Goalies and 3rd-5th defensemen have cheaper prices this offseason because of the ED. Matt Murray (or Jarry) Ghost Z these players will have cheaper prices this offseason. It is the nature of the beast.
3) Because of the cheaper prices and the improvement on Flyers I would rather keep Ghost this season UNLESS you need his cap room for Johnny Hockey trade/Alex P signing etc. If Ghost come back to 3 years ago form the Flyers can always go 4x4 and expose Patrick, Lindblom, and Voracek. I would doubt Jake's deal at 8.25m would get drafted and it pretty hard to count on either Patrick or Lindblom long term at this time.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Drouin is bordering on being a bust for his high draft position. Flashes of decent scoring coupled with terrible defensive play and poor attitude. Ghost and Zadorov had some good and bad seasons, inconsistencies is an issue.

“Hey - your house isn’t really nice. This, this, this and this needs fixing so I’ll give you X for it”

“What? I like my house. I just got it a couple years ago. It’s not for sale”

“Lol, your house is trash. I wouldn’t buy it for anything in the world”

“Hummm, ok? I didn’t want to sell anyway”

“But you should really take X for it because it’s really trash”

“.... ?”

This is how we Habs fans feel when we get offered declining or not valuable assets for Drouin. House/Drouin not for sale. Your opinion of him is fun but completely irrelevant.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Jesus Christ, I imagine the people who post this kind of crap entirely genuinely are presumably the same people stood protesting the lockdown.

For one I am Canadian. We’ve been on a full lockdown for over a month now and no one is complaining. We have sane and (relatively) good leaders as well. Absolutely no one is protesting because we all understand the gravity of the situation and we want to do our part.

That being said:

43B47065-D253-4E24-BA65-CD7EDBADD36C.jpeg

Ghost went from 65 to 37 to on pace for 23 points while also being a healthy scratch more than once this season.

But, sure, right, he’s still a valuable assets that everyone wants

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
- a 4th liner in Jost

And for that they pay :

Wood has better hands and might be a bit faster while adding a bigger body to the lineup. He's a threat shorthanded and from the games I've watched he's just as tenacious on the forecheck.

Some players get hurt frequently, then all of a sudden they catch a break and they're healthy for a few season. It is a bit of a gamble/risk that he stays healthy, even for 70 games but if he does that would be huge.

Anderson can bring an element we don't have and easily match what Drouin has produced here in terms of goals

Jost doesn't look promising, he's still young and fills a roster spot and he's a low risk medium - high reward. I'm sure he got some opportunities in Colorado, but I doubt consistently with the depth of talent they have.

Josh Anderson is easily a top 6 player. Drouin, the way he's played for us, isn't a top 6 forward on a contending team.

Good breakdown, though and while it's hard to tell, I'm not being sarcastic. Instead of saying something irrelevant you actually broke it down constructively.

Realistically, I would see if either offersheet took and if it did, try to acquire Ghost, or Murray and Anderson, Wood deal easily.

If I couldn't get either centre, or another centre close to Domi, I'd sell, which sucks, because you would want 2022 picks and teams aren't going to deal them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad