Proposal: Habs -Flyers/Isles/Devils/Jackets/Avs

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Is it really wise to give up FOUR 1st rd picks when you have Byron (10pts in 29 games) and Anderson (4pts in 26 games) pencilled into the top 6. Add in Suzuki, who has shown decent offense but is pretty bad away from the puck, and you have arguably the weakest top 6 group outside of detroit in the NHL...and no 1st rd pick until 2025

hahahaha what the hell :biglaugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The Andy+Murray/Domi trade works for Columbus. I could see Montreal objecting tho, simply out of sheer paranoia w/r/t center depth (despite how good Suzuki has looked). I honestly think that Murray would win that "Weber partner" role easily if he stays healthy... but of course that's a huge "if". :(

The Dubois offer sheet would probably be matched, though.

* * *​
We could acquire Anderson without giving up Domi.
Sorta kinda maybe not really. We have no strong motivation to trade him unless we get a significant hole filled, and the only such hole the Jackets have is #2C. Otherwise, the smarter gamble from our perspective is hoping/assuming he bounces back from a bad year. Domi may not be who you want to give up, but I suspect the prospect of losing Kotka or Suzuki in pursuit of Andy would be even more hateful and unbalanced. ;)

Of course, there's always the alternative path of "no thanks, we don't need him that badly, we'll keep our centers"...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad