Habs fans reaction in case of Nordiques return.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know there's this huge expansion process and I don't want to go into the possibility or plausibility of the Nordiques coming back.

But let's say they do.

What would be the reaction of the hans fanbase? Surely maybe some would migrate to the new team. I don't know how many ex-Nords are now habs fans here, but I assume these people exist and would go back to the flock.

Would you root for both teams? Or hate them viscerally even before they first meet?

For me, and grew up in Quebec and my father was a Nords fan (back then I didn't really cared about hockey), so I must say I have mixed feelings. One one side I love the habs, on the other, I couldn't see myself raining on the parade of a Nordiques comeback story.

I am against it...but imagine they will get back in. If not when Bettman is in office, not long after

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...as long as they come back with something like this:

nordiques-quebec-jersey.jpg

...and not this:

Nordiques1995proposed.jpg

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I want it to happen. The politics surrounding the Habs since the Nordiques left has been unbearable.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Mixed feelings because I feel like it would destroy the Quebec Remparts. I feel like losing the Rempart would be a massive blow to the QMJHL in general.
I think the Remparts must be well-established enough by now that they can forge their own success even with an NHL team there. Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver all have successful major junior franchises co-existing with their NHL teams, and there's an OHL team in Mississauga.

The Remparts would be a far cheaper ticket, too.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I love how everyone thinks they'll just collect every Quebec player.

Nordiques had Sakic, Forsberg, Stastny, Clark, Nolan, Sundin, Foote, Ricci, Hextall, names keep going.

Personally don't care but if you think all of the bad radio people will jump, it doesn't work like that. It'll create jobs for new terrible radio people to come in and bash the Habs on a constant basis. So enjoy that, Quebec Habs! More criticism, more derision, more annoyance.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Will be a fun rivalry and will be hilarious to hear the inbreds of Quebec city try to stir crap.

Naoned

I'd rather play the Nordiques than a random team like Florida, Dallas or Arizona. I'm no Jets fan, but switching Atlanta for Winnipeg is an obvious improvement for the league. As would a Nords comeback.
But I guess I would come to hate them rather quickly.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Im kind of indiffrent to it.

From what I remember (Im 34) the rivalry was fun. But alot of time has passed since the Nordiques left and I think it would take some time to build it back up.

Would I go to QC to watch the Habs play? I doubt it.

I would much rather wait for Las Vegas to get their team and make a vacation out of it.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

From what I remember (Im 34) the rivalry was fun. But alot of time has passed since the Nordiques left and I think it would take some time to build it back up.

I would much rather wait for Las Vegas to get their team and make a vacation out of it.

But everyone tells me Quebec City is beautiful :sarcasm:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Judging by some of the replies in this thread, I guess it would take two minutes, maximum. :laugh:

I was 9 when my Nords left. I will be 30 is 6 months. God time flies by, I still remember practicing my shot in the basement while daydreaming of playing with Joe Sakic.

Both sides would have their annoying fans, but I guess the hockey would be good and so intense that it would be well worth it.

Hopefully you guys won't ban me from the Impact thread if my Nords come back (or if the Habs and Pens play in the playoffs) :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Nah, one fanbase with the smaller brother inferiority complex is enough (Ottawa).

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
Honestly, if there's going to be an expansion, hopefully one of the cities of Hamilton, Quebec, Markham or whatever other Canadian city submitting a bid gets a team. I don't think that we would get a similar rivalry to what it once was. Between fans yes. On the ice, not so sure, at least not immediately. I think there are still big questions as to how viable a team in Quebec city would be. If I'm not mistaking, I believe TVA Sport/Rogers lost money on that Habs deal. Many thought that if the team was owned by Quebecor, they would have no problems being profitable. Now, I'm not so sure. Perhaps a combination of gate/TV revenues would make them profitable?

I don't think we need to worry about a team being owned by a company owned by a Separatist, especially that, in theory at least, he should have no say over what his company does while he's the head of the Party Quebecois but somehow, you have to think that this may irk Bettman enough, and probably the BOG as well, to not give Quebec a team. I think Bettman wants to prioritize the States once gain because that's where the money is at and that's what he's after.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
On top of the reasons already given, what would be great about nords return is that I live 2 hours from Québec and 5 hours from Montreal. Seeing the habs live would be so much easier. I could go watch the habs and come back in the same night. I don't go anymore because it's too cash/time consuming for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad