Rumor: Habs expected to hire skills coach Adam Nicholas

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-expected-to-hire-skills-coach-adam-nicholas/

Canadiens Expected To Hire Skills Coach Adam Nicholas

Video featuring Adam

"He's been a consultant skills coach for the Leafs since October 2019 and is the founder of Stride Envy, a player development company. He has also worked with the New York Rangers, Chicago Steel of the USHL and several NHL players including Clayton Keller, Noah Hanifin, Colin White, Jordan Greenway, Zdeno Chara and Connor Garland."

Since he's already working with the Leafs as a consultant I wonder if he's going to get a position like Director of Player Development. I heard good things about the program he was a part of in the USHL which seemed to benefit Sean Farrell.

http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/12...rdy-tackling-new-development-path-in-chicago/

I think we may see something like what's being explained in that last article, which is the program that was set up for the Chicago Steel, done for the Habs org. The GM there talks reducing silos in traditional hockey departments which is something that Hughes mentioned when he was hired.

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I wonder if he worked with Farrel in Chicago last year? If so that is great news because that team was amazing and had a bunch of guys go very high in the draft.

NVM I saw in the OP that he did in fact work with Farell

Reactions: Toene

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Don't know much about the guy, but he's worked with some very killed guys so that's good to see. I would've like seeing Kovalev in that position just for nostalgia hehe, but just having a skill coach in general is another good step in the right direction.

So many good moves by this new management in a really short period of time, this team is in good hands!

Reactions: bopeep and Habs13

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2022-2-26_16-22-52.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad