Post-Game Talk: Habs Blanked for 2nd game in a row, 0-2 -- Niemi Superb Again

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know! JERKY JEFFS UNITED FTW :yo:

(been wanting to to a Toys R Us thing with Bergevin for a while; your GDT pushed me over the edge, so I figured 'might as well jump' :laugh:)

Geoffrey looks like a lovable giraffe -- too bad his image got stained by misguided corporate zealots.

Reactions: Bloumeister

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It was management and ownership failure that brought us here, this didn't have to be. Now we are about to witness Bergevins artistry at work at the draft after a disastrous season that he created, buckle your seat belt for what he is about to do.
I'm hoping he has the brains to trade for more top picks, either for this year or next (picks in 2019 might be a smarter move). But then the crucial question is whether he does anything with the clown-show in the AHL once the picks arrive there. That to me is the core problem -- Bergevin has allowed our prospect pool to decay by leaving an incompetent staff in place.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
If Drouin was acquired to play wing, why was no other center aquired? And that’s if Radulov hypothetically stayed. He was brought in to be the French Canadian saviour. For PR moves. Bergevin declares Drouin, a player with 1 junior season of center under his belt over Galchenyuk, who played almost a PPG in the NHL at the same position before the season started and Drouin played a game for us. This is what you call a golden child. Everything Galchenyuk was critiqued for, Drouin is worse at, yet he still keeps getting thrown there. It’s a joke. You can’t be that blind. If Drouin isn’t french, he isn’t given the rope. And I’m not debating it with you because there’s no argument, it’s a fact.
So you're saying that Russian winger Jasper Drouinov who pouted when sent to the AHL wouldn't have been a target for MB? I don't believe you :sarcasm:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Breakdown of the number of Habs goals scored during their 73 games played this season.

0 goals - 12 games

1 goal - 14 games

2 goals - 15 games

3 goals - 15 games

4 goals - 6 games

5 goals - 6 games

6 or more goals- 5 games

That's now 26 games with 1 goal scored or less and 41 games with 2 goals scored or less. Hard to win games when your team can't score and you have a terrible defense. Thankfully the Habs have a great GM with a plan who his owner 100% believes in and thinks he's the right guy to right the ship which he already steered way of course. We're so lucky to have this guy. :)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm hoping he has the brains to trade for more top picks, either for this year or next (picks in 2019 might be a smarter move). But then the crucial question is whether he does anything with the clown-show in the AHL once the picks arrive there. That to me is the core problem -- Bergevin has allowed our prospect pool to decay by leaving an incompetent staff in place.

As long as he doesn't trade two of our 2nd round picks for a 3rd line player i'll be happy.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I see him trading picks for hopeful quick fixes to get us back on track, they said that it was not important to win at the AHL level and I agree with you, it is crucial in a cap era to have solid depth at the AHL level instead we are overpaying for reclamation projects because we simply do not have the talent available from the farm.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have a few band photos of me with serious hair, but the chances of them showing up on this site are... minimal.

You just know Blou is dying to get his hands on them -- you're one of his favorite shooping targets, lol.

Reactions: Bloumeister

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
You just now Blou is dying to get his hands on them -- you're one of his favorite shooping targets, lol.

#StupidSexyLshap

yoXgcSB.png

Reactions: Redux91 and PhysicX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad