Post-Game Talk: Habs Beat Coyotes

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Yes!!!! VERY VERY important win, good job boys!!

tom-cruise-what.gif

Jul 6, 2016
I don't mind winning. I hate winning and seeing points go to guys like Pearson and Armia.
They will be easier to trade.

Not really surprised we beat them. 13th consecutive loss by Arizona. People complain about our defensemen, but Arizona's truly suck.

Good game by Suzuki, Xhekaj & of course Montembeault.

Roy is definitely going to be a player for this team. Kid is so smart with great hands.

Montreal goes on a 4 game road trip now: Florida, TB, Nashville & Carolina.
Another losing streak coming up. Don't worry tankers !

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
They will be easier to trade.

Another losing streak coming up. Don't worry tankers !
That doesn't help! Anyone in the AHL would be an improvement over Pearson so it'll be getting paid a 7th round pick to downgrade our first from 4th overall to 7-10th. Standings are tight like a tiger.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That doesn't help! Anyone in the AHL would be an improvement over Pearson so it'll be getting paid a 7th round pick to downgrade our first from 4th overall to 7-10th. Standings are tight like a tiger.
Damn and Marty was lauding Pearson's game of late...
Were all those scouts still hanging around for post game presser? :laugh:

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
> Dominated
> Stupid penalities
> No Powerplay
> Out shot 38-20
> ???????? Win 4-2

One of our worst game of 2024 IMO, yet we won.
Monty's win.

I don't recall seeing 2 games in a row without a pp. Is this a first ?

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
My three stars

1st star: Roy getting ice time
2nd star: Montembault for looking like a brick wall and someone who loves to win
3rd star: Russia for their ability to hold off the nuclear launch codes

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Drafting from 5 to 7 or 8th I don't think is much different. Last year we took Reinbacher at 5. Picks 7 and 8 were Michkov and Leonard. I don't see much between them
Each year is different. While they’re drafting the clear BPA where one falls to them at their drafting slot, it may also happen that said BPA may not be a forward and the forward they would have liked, goes off the board one pick before.

This whole thing about winning the lottery is yet another crapshoot.

Bottom line, this could well be the last year they pick this early so let’s not kid ourselves, we can’t afford to miss out on the earliest possible pick.

Look at last year, they came so close to landing one of the top 4 picks in the draft, which would have likely been a centre. Don’t want to go through that again.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Each year is different. While they’re drafting the clear BPA where one falls to them at their drafting slot, it may also happen that said BPA may not be a forward and the forward they would have liked, goes off the board one pick before.

Bottom line, this could well be the last year they pick this early so let’s not kid ourselves, we can’t afford to miss out on the earliest possible pick.

Look at last year, they came so close to landing one of the top 4 picks in the draft, which would have likely been a centre. Don’t want to go through that again.
Good and Bad happening when we win. On one hand, it is good for the young guys to at least be competitive and win a few. On the other, it hurts our ability to draft the best possible player. At the end of the day though, how has that worked for sad sack franchises like the coyotes and jackets? The Wings, who always seemed to be drafting in no mans land, have risen above before those teams.

It's about hitting on the pick we have, making smart trades and free agent signings, and developing a winning culture.

I'd rather be the Wings today, and they have never drafted higher than 4th, than the Jackets, Coyotes or Ducks for that matter.

Too early in Chicago's rebuild......but I like what they are doing, obviously with last year's scorched earth campaign and this year, trending towards Mack or Demi to join Bedard.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Good and Bad happening when we win. On one hand, it is good for the young guys to at least be competitive and win a few. On the other, it hurts our ability to draft the best possible player. At the end of the day though, how has that worked for sad sack franchises like the coyotes and jackets? The Wings, who always seemed to be drafting in no mans land, have risen above before those teams.

It's about hitting on the pick we have, making smart trades and free agent signings, and developing a winning culture.

I'd rather be the Wings today, and they have never drafted higher than 4th, than the Jackets, Coyotes or Ducks for that matter.

Too early in Chicago's rebuild......but I like what they are doing, obviously with last year's scorched earth campaign and this year, trending towards Mack or Demi to join Bedard.
The team is going all out to win anyway. MSL showed it again yesterday by playing his best goalie in a 4-point game.

If Hughes trades away one or two key assets, that’s one way to see them drop further in the standings.

As for the impact of winning a few, there are so little games left to the season that whatever direction the team takes should not have much fallout. Point is moot anyway, MSL wants to win and coaches that way and that’s a great indicator and example of competitiveness.

We’ll end up with whatever pick, no sense losing sleep over it. It’s just that we’re really thin on top forwards and we won’t really know how well management will fare until they’ll move some of their excess D. I think trades are where those top forwards have to come from — the draft is far more unpredictable.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Should have traded Montembeault using that logic. He would fetch good return and costs us Fantilli last year. Celebrini this year

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Should have traded Montembeault using that logic. He would fetch good return and costs us Fantilli last year. Celebrini this year
Was not advocating the trading of Monty or anyone in particular, was just stating how much management can cause downturns. We’ve been seeing the team crater since Monahan was traded.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Now I know that habs still have a lot of games to play, BUT I hope this win is not going to end up going from 4-5 overall to 7-8th. I mean if your going to tank then TANK

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00