Post-Game Talk: Habs Beat Coyotes

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not really surprised we beat them. 13th consecutive loss by Arizona. People complain about our defensemen, but Arizona's truly suck.

Good game by Suzuki, Xhekaj & of course Montembeault.

Roy is definitely going to be a player for this team. Kid is so smart with great hands.

Montreal goes on a 4 game road trip now: Florida, TB, Nashville & Carolina.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Is there anything sadder than watching Gallagher blast off the bench gain the zone and then fizzle.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well that was 2 undeserved points. Habs played like crap for the most part and their goalie bailed them out.

Somewhere in the world Price watched this game with his kids and told them I use to do what Monty did tonight many many times and I was pretty much the reason Habs management and coaches kept their jobs as long as they did.

Oh well. Can't lose them all I guess.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Tanner Pearson dialled it back 10 years for that goal. Wish he’d had of used his Delorean earlier and more frequently this season.

Mike Matheson is really interesting back there in a “how did you ever make it as a defender” kind of way. Guy can be slicker than snot on a rooster’s lip, or he can be Patrick Traverse levels of bad.

Montembeault was the difference. He showed up large for the CH tonight. If that’s the real Monty, then I’m happy to have him.

Xhekaj played very well from the bits and pieces I saw. Keeping pucks alive, shots on goal, he looked like he was dialled in tonight, and Harris ripped that shot when he scored. Looked poised and knew he was taking the shot all day.

Once again Joel Armia shows up in a game that means nothing. If I had a dollar for every time I thought that, I’d be a hundred bucks richer.

Reactions: Pomee and zx81

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ugh... Night all.

8hakym.gif

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
If they come home with more than 2pts that'll be one heck of a coaching job lol

No wonder MSL looked so deflated despite leading all night. This is not going to be a fun road trip 😱

Absolutely no one 👻
Tampa, Carolina and Nashville play like crap half the time. Could win 3 of 4.

Reactions: Sookind

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
And some people think we will challenge for the playoffs next season. Once again, goalie stole the win.
The only way we challenge is if all of our players progress, no injuries, Monty stays relevant and we trade or sign a star player or two. Otherwise we are in for more of this, caufield needs a different type of skill to play with, slaf looks disinterested and probably rightfully so with the season ending in a tank fashion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad