Post-Game Talk: Habs 4 - Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The switch was Lowry and Scheifele.
Each of them mostly played with the other C's wingers.
I think Mark took a shift or 2 with the 4th liners or maybe that was just him staying out way too long.
I only saw one shift for Mark back with Perfetti and Wheeler after the change.
Then his next shift was back with the checkers.

Dubois' line was as bad as anyone's and I'm not sure why they escaped the changes.
Coach should have tried flipping Connor/Perfetti or Ehlers/Wheeler since NOTHING was working.

I thought the whole team looked bad so I didn't notice as much the players who were called out for being the worst as it seemed par for the course.

I don't think Barron did anything to deserve a promotion and I think Perfetti with Lowry is a stupid idea!!!!
Please get Kuhlman off the ice he literally would need 1000+ shots to score with a goalie in the net.

Please play desperate/pack of wolves D on Thursday.
Getting lit up for 7+ goals by the Leafs would be painful.

Who's the "w" in esw?
You have Wheeler on the 3rd line already.

Lowry with those wingers can't check the top lines... who's supposed to do that?
Who says the Dubois line remains unchanged if they don’t improve. You don’t change all lines at once. You try something, it doesn’t work you try something else. You don’t try everything at once.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Who says the Dubois line remains unchanged if they don’t improve. You don’t change all lines at once. You try something, it doesn’t work you try something else. You don’t try everything at once.
Bones has often blendered the lines for spurts during games.
We needed goals so the obvious first move should have been to swap C's or wingers on the top 2 lines before having Scheif play with checkers.

Everything was going wrong so it likely wouldn't have mattered,
But as bad as we played we did have a handful of grade A chances at times in the game that could have changed things drastically.

I doubt the Habs would have responded well if the Jets had tied it at 3 for example.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Bones has often blendered the lines for spurts during games.
We needed goals so the obvious first move should have been to swap C's or wingers on the top 2 lines before having Scheif play with checkers.

Everything was going wrong so it likely wouldn't have mattered,
But as bad as we played we did have a handful of grade A chances at times in the game that could have changed things drastically.

I doubt the Habs would have responded well if the Jets had tied it at 3 for example.
I’m personally not bothered by lose. After all messes up bedard sweepstakes and we are still well within a playoff spot. We have won 8 out of last 10.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I’m personally not bothered by lose. After all messes up bedard sweepstakes and we are still well within a playoff spot. We have won 8 out of last 10.
Of course.
I'm worried about losing streaks and extended stretches/games of poor play.
A higher % of our pts have been earned the "wrong way" of late then is ideal.
All teams will have ups and downs, win some they should lose and lose some they should win.
Hopefully a team as good as the Jets have been (mostly) should have a pretty decent % of "good points".

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Of course.
I'm worried about losing streaks and extended stretches/games of poor play.
A higher % of our pts have been earned the "wrong way" of late then is ideal.
All teams will have ups and downs, win some they should lose and lose some they should win.
Hopefully a team as good as the Jets have been (mostly) should have a pretty decent % of "good points".
You make good points. I’m just mostly thinking bout how I don’t want Bedard in mtl. I want them to draft 6th after all the game changers.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I been reading Edmonton’s board and they was talking about sending Foegle as a sweetener to clear out Puljujarvi to a team like Arizona for a late pick. I’d be all over that.

Can someone translate this into Don Cherry for me please?

In cherry’s voice:

You people, Ponk is a beauty and Connor and Heinyola ain’t

Back in my day, the eye chart beat the bar graph chart

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad