Value of: Habs 2019 1st rd pick

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Thats true my bad. Well people were saying that Drouin+Juulsen+2nd pick(if 1st OA) for the Ottawa 1st pick wasnt enough. So lets say something like proven skill foward under 23 + a solid young defensemen under 23 + B prospect+1st or 2nd rounder

Reactions: iSophagus

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
probably worth a guy picked 7-10th last june. But i don't see any teams trading for it. GM don't gamble much.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Thats true my bad. Well people were saying that Drouin+Juulsen+2nd pick(if 1st OA) for the Ottawa 1st pick wasnt enough. So lets say something like proven skill foward under 23 + a solid young defensemen under 23 + B prospect+1st or 2nd rounder

A reversed offer with the AVs, the deal would look something like this:

Jost
Greer
Meloche
AVs 2019-2nd

for

Habs 2019 - 1st

Drouin is a Winger trying to play 1C which hurts his value. Jost is a natural C being more valued, but added Greer to balance the difference. Juulsen is inferior to the Meloche being a true tough stay-at-home DMen. He outscored Juulsen with limited AHL ice time due to the joint team ownership with the STL. His inclusion will rebalance the difference. The other is swapping a 2nd round picks. Jost is 20 years old and former top 10 pick (after Sergachev). Greer and Meloche are both French CDN players.

The same risks for the AVs, there is no guarantee on the draft position.

AVs would likely make this deal. Habs fans can't view this any differently when reversed and believed their offer was incredibly good for a potential lottery ticket. If they're consistent, they should accept this proposal.

Reactions: GHJimmy

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Jost
Greer
Meloche
AVs 2019-2nd

for

Habs 2019 - 1st

Drouin is a Winger trying to play 1C which hurts his value. Jost is a natural C being more valued, but added Greer to balance the difference. Juulsen is inferior to the Meloche being a true tough stay-at-home DMen. He outscored Juulsen with limited AHL ice time due to the joint team ownership with the STL. His inclusion will rebalance the difference. The other is swapping a 2nd round picks. Jost is 20 years old and former top 10 pick (after Sergachev). Greer and Meloche are both French CDN players.

AVs would likely make this deal. Habs fans can't view this any differently when reversed and believed their offer was incredibly good for a potential lottery ticket. If they're consistent, they should accept this proposal.

Drouin playing center for our team means nothing. He’s there because are backs are against the wall with no depth at the position currently. Whoever would be trading for him will be making it with what he brings on the wing on their mind regardless. I don’t know much about the prospects you listed but their heritage also means nothing.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal

Jost
Greer
Meloche
AVs 2019-2nd

for

Habs 2019 - 1st

I would do it even tho I would rather have a LHD because our RHD depht aint that bad (Webber,Petry,Juulsen,Lernout,Fleury,Romanov) and a winger(we already have our own young C prospect)Kotka,Poehling,Evans,Olofssonetc. to develop & gamble that Price will bounce back and we finish like 10-11-12th in the east. Even tho imo we will finish among the last team.

But I honestly think that colorado wouldve lost this trade. Because with those 3 addition I can see ourself missed the playoff by few points so no top 5 picks.
Paches-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Jost-Armia/Scherbak
Lekhonen-Plekanec-Armia/Scherbak

But fr I was about to post this but now that I think f*** all that i would rather have a good young LHD + B prospect + MAYBE a pick for our 1st

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Stilll I had to add that IMO Jost aint on the same Level as Drouin they dont have the same potential ceilling. IMO Drouin's a better player better hand,more explosive,quicker the only think is he still play like hes outdoor or in jr.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Jost
Greer
Meloche
AVs 2019-2nd

for

Habs 2019 - 1st

Strong offer. The chances of the Habs losing that trade are quite slim.

Actually you can even keep Greer if you want.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Untradeable.

Its not like another gm is gonna come in and say "hey i wanna gamble on a pick and overpay without knowing what ill get!"
Maybe if habs were trading for someone big it can be part of a package but it would be an addon for the habs and not something the other team seeks out

Finally - Carey Price likely scares most teams from overpaying for that pick. Maybe towards year end or even mid year if they are having a bad year but not yet

Reactions: HOPE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad