Pre-Game Talk: Habitantus canadensis vs Puma concolor coryi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
Will this be another "help the struggling team get to the playoffs" effort?
Who will show up to play and who wont?
Will it be a snoozefest?
Will DD ever get taken off the PP?

Tune in, turn on, drop on by..........

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
We all know what this game means:

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Florida plays better in Montreal than they do at home against us. Won't be a cakewalk

TimGolbert

Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
I wouldn't be upset if Montreal loses this game. I'm not that interested in seeing the Habs finishing first in the Atlantic these days, and I'd love to see Florida catch both Ottawa and Boston.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would like to see Galchenyuk score some goals, get his mojo back. Other than that this game is no big deal as long as we are injury free.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Can't believe the Panthers got Pirri for a 3rd and a 5th rounder... the kid's a stud. Said this the day he got traded, but MB really missed the boat on that one, especially considering his history with Chicago. He would've solved our problems on the RW.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Can't believe the Panthers got Pirri for a 3rd and a 5th rounder... the kid's a stud. Said this the day he got traded, but MB really missed the boat on that one, especially considering his history with Chicago. He would've solved our problems on the RW.

Yep instead Florida got the Cy Young winner :sarcasm:

Analyzer*

I still don't get why we acquired Flynn, but he gets a chance. Time to look terrible and useless like always while bringing your strong soft game on the forecheck, board battle and working your way to the net.

Analyzer*

honestly, since his trade, our offense looked worse, and I didn't think that was a possibility.

Since February 24th we've scored 40 goals in 16 games.

Previous 16 games we've scored 42 goals.

We dropped a whole 2 goals and it's obviously DSP's fault. What saved it was the game against the Islanders where we put up 6. Had it been the Sens game instead, we'd have 37 goals scored...

This team just sucks offensively and it wasn't addressed in the slightest. I'd bet it won't be addressed in the off season either.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs acquired Petry, DSP, Flynn and Mitchell at the deadline. Did these trades improve the team?
I have not seen the evidence yet. In fact I think Mitchell and Flynn are a downgrade from Malhotra, a downgrade from Bournival.

Analyzer*

Habs acquired Petry, DSP, Flynn and Mitchell at the deadline. Did these trades improve the team?
I have not seen the evidence yet. In fact I think Mitchell and Flynn are a downgrade from Malhotra, a downgrade from Bournival.

Petry has been decent.

I agree with Malhotra and Bournival being better and I don't even like Bournival.

I'm hoping DSP will chip in with some offense.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Since February 24th we've scored 40 goals in 16 games.

Previous 16 games we've scored 42 goals.

We dropped a whole 2 goals and it's obviously DSP's fault. What saved it was the game against the Islanders where we put up 6. Had it been the Sens game instead, we'd have 37 goals scored...

This team just sucks offensively and it wasn't addressed in the slightest. I'd bet it won't be addressed in the off season either.

what wonder how many were even strength goals.

Last edited:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
honestly, since his trade, our offense looked worse, and I didn't think that was a possibility.

That may have to do with the organization sending Thomas back down in favour of these bums they acquired (Flynn, Mitchell). Thomas was a shot producing machine. His speed and grit was great on the forecheck, and his release is above average. He's look amazing on the RW with Eller-DLR.

I was never high on Thomas, but he's by far the best option this organization has for RW on the 3rd line.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Problem #1 : Fixing the Powerplay
Problem #2 : Fixing our lack of goal scoring

Therrien's Solution: Benching DSP and put Flynn on the 3rd :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad