Tribute Guy Lafleur National Funeral - May 3rd (Funeral Procession begins @ 10:30am, Celebrations @ 11:00am)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Only 2 players from the current them were no shows not bad at all

And one of them is Jeff Petry, who hasn't been with his family since Christmas. So he has a great reason to skip this. I would have chosen my wife and kids, as well.

And Armia wasn't there because he was back in Finland for the birth of his child.

And here is a snapshot of Cole seeing Ducharme.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
And one of them is Jeff Petry, who hasn't been with his family since Christmas. So he has a great reason to skip this. I would have chosen my wife and kids, as well.

And Armia wasn't there because he was back in Finland for the birth of his child.

And here is a snapshot of Cole seeing Ducharme.

fwiw, they did have a family reunion for a couple of days when the team was in Columbus

He does what he wants in the end, but would 72 additional hours in Montreal have made a difference?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
fwiw, they did have a family reunion for a couple of days when the team was in Columbus

He does what he wants in the end, but would 72 additional hours in Montreal have made a difference?

I'd rather spend those 72 hours with my family who I haven't seen in months. And seeing them one time in Columbus is not enough.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't disagree

But it just adds credence to the theory that he's already checked out and is just waiting for a trade

He may be looking for a trade. But I don't think him missing Lafleur's funeral is indicative of him checking out. We know it was difficult for him to be away from his wife and kids.

Reactions: Michelangelo

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He may be looking for a trade. But I don't think him missing Lafleur's funeral is indicative of him checking out. We know it was difficult for him to be away from his wife and kids.
That pseudo expert from Danslescouilleslisses, was sure treating it as an indicator of Petry getting traded, in a segment he was doing yesterday afternoon on 91.9 FM.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Who cares really, he's free to do what he wants. But that's not an excuse. He wasn't there because he didn't wanna be there and didn't feel like staying very simple. He's gonna be spending the next 4 months at home with the family for god sakes. Staying an extra 3-4 days here is not the end of the world if you really want to attend a funeral.

Reactions: GordonGraham

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Who cares really, he's free to do what he wants. But that's not an excuse. He wasn't there because he didn't wanna be there and didn't feel like staying very simple. He's gonna be spending the next 4 months at home with the family for god sakes. Staying an extra 3-4 days here is not the end of the world if you really want to attend a funeral.

You're complaining that the man wanted to go be with his family, who he has been separated from since Christmas. You forgot that his son had a health issue not long ago and spent a few days at the hospital?

I am skipping the funeral, as well.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
You're complaining that the man wanted to go be with his family, who he has been separated from since Christmas. You forgot that his son had a health issue not long ago and spent a few days at the hospital?

I am skipping the funeral, as well.
I’m not.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009

So that makes it 3 then cause Armia wasnt mentioned in the article i read, it was Petry and one of the Pitlicks

Reactions: Adam Michaels

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
So that makes it 3 then cause Armia wasnt mentioned in the article i read, it was Petry and one of the Pitlicks
Still all the others did attend, and that's huge
You know how non local players usually want to take off immediately after season ends
Chantale mentioned on radio before the funerals that few players asked her weeks before to schedule exit meetings and interviews right away after last game, so she wasn't able to confirm who will be present and who won't
Looks they all changed plans after Guy passing for an extra 3/4 days
Dunno if management did put pressure, doesn't look like it

Reactions: GordonGraham

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jeez, seeing this thread revived completely took me by surprise.

Almost a year ago since we lost the Démon Blond. That was so painful to experience and time has not made it much better. There’ll never be another like him — a guy who spoke his mind and owned it.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Almost a year ago since we lost the Démon Blond. That was so painful to experience and time has not made it much better. There’ll never be another like him — a guy who spoke his mind and owned it.
I am going to fly to the city try to get a viewing of his house week of 22nd. If I can raise the money?? If I could get market value for mine, be 40% there.

He had helicopter pad built in his property. Not really common, imagine so he could get around quick when he was sick.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

He was special.
More general is the sad truth that Lafleur's era, over 40 years ago, is the last great treasure trove of legendary players.

Reactions: Runner77

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

1678368755569.png

Can have your own helipad

1678368773322.png

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It really bad how it ended for Lafleur in Montreal. I think he had 4 or 5 years of good hockey left in him. But a feud between him and Lemaire drive him out. Hard to see Lafleur sitting on end of bench during '84 playoff run.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
It really bad how it ended for Lafleur in Montreal. I think he had 4 or 5 years of good hockey left in him. But a feud between him and Lemaire drive him out. Hard to see Lafleur sitting on end of bench during '84 playoff run.
Lemaire said that he had regrets and would do things diffenrently if he could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad