Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
latest

:dunno:

Pretty sure he meant this guy:

Hannibal-Historic-Path.jpg

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
In Boucher's french interview on RDS I think it was, when naming the players he's looking forward to coaching (it wasn't a direct question but he who brought it up), the 3 names were:

Zibanejad, Pageau and Lazar. In that order. I find that very interesting. If he gets Zibanejad and Lazar going, and keeps Pageau at his pace, that would be amazing.

He also talked about having everyone in their metaphorical chair. I like that a lot. Lazar didn't have a chair last season for example. He was shifting all around the lineup.

The Redden Rocket

Nov 15, 2015
Southern Ontario
I was wondering, (can't find a link to confirm)

If Elliot reached out to Curtis Joseph for tips in round two and we don't have a goalie coach. Think CuJo could be a good option? former player, respected, lots of years played and wins. any thoughts?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Thinking with this hire ,its now up to the players to shape up or be shipped out

At least that's the position management has put them in.
Hopefully Boucher and Crawford prove to be as good as we are hoping.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I was wondering, (can't find a link to confirm)

If Elliot reached out to Curtis Joseph for tips in round two and we don't have a goalie coach. Think CuJo could be a good option? former player, respected, lots of years played and wins. any thoughts?

Playing at a high level doesn't always correlate with teaching it. If anything, players who were at the top of their position often get frustrated when younger players can't do things they were able to do themselves.

At least, that's my experience with it. That said, as weird as it would be to see CuJo as an Ottawa Senator in any capacity, if he's up to it I'd certainly be willing to at least try him out.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nowadays, when I think of a 007 movie, all I can see is James Bond singing Mama Mia. It's just.....odd.

The Redden Rocket

Nov 15, 2015
Southern Ontario
Playing at a high level doesn't always correlate with teaching it. If anything, players who were at the top of their position often get frustrated when younger players can't do things they were able to do themselves.

At least, that's my experience with it. That said, as weird as it would be to see CuJo as an Ottawa Senator in any capacity, if he's up to it I'd certainly be willing to at least try him out.

Yeah I get that, I thought of it as an interesting option. Who knows maybe he has been teaching since he retired

I agree it would be weird to have him in the fold but stranger things have happened. I am mostly curious if anyone knows any goalie coaches who would be options for Guy's staff. I'm sure its probably hard to know in general.

LOL also to the theme this thread was on, What about

Weekend at Guy's (Guy is Bernie and PD and RL are the teens)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Can't wait until Ottawa plays Minni. It'll be like meeting the girl who dumped your husband immediately before he met you. Am I right ladies?

No lol... more like you had a fling with a girl, thought she was the one, everyone started spreading the rumours at school, and then the girl ends up finding love elsewhere and you find out through the grape vine the next morning. Still an awkward reunion :laugh:

More like:

You were single, went on a date with a girl from another school and it was really awesome, but you were determined to date a few girls before 'being exclusive' this time, since for the past several years you've gone steady with the first girl interested and been burned over and over again.

So the second girl you date is REALLY in to you, was from your school, and the date was fine, except you can't stop thinking about how much more awesome the first girl was. You contact the first girl and chat late into the night on a few occasions and start planning a second date.

Meanwhile, kids at school have gotten wind that you went out on a date with the second girl, and she's talking about it too, so the the whole place thinks you're gonna start dating. Quietly you let the second girl know that you have already asked the first girl out and that she should look elsewhere, unless she's down for a three-way.

The school implodes.

Next meeting everyone is happy, the girls orchestrate their boyfriends to brawl with their friends a la "Outsiders"

We win, the end!

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
More like:

You were single, went on a date with a girl from another school and it was really awesome, but you were determined to date a few girls before 'being exclusive' this time, since for the past several years you've gone steady with the first girl interested and been burned over and over again.

So the second girl you date is REALLY into you, was from your school, and the date was fine, except you can't stop thinking about how much more awesome the first girl was. You contact the first girl and chat late into the night on a few occasions and start planning a second date.

Meanwhile, kids at school have gotten wind that you went out on a date with the second girl, and she's talking about it too, so the the whole place thinks you're gonna start dating. Quietly you let the second girl know that you have already asked the first girl out and that she should look elsewhere unless she's down for a three-way.

The school implodes.

Next meeting everyone is happy, the girls orchestrate their boyfriends to brawl with their friends a la "Outsiders"

We win, the end!

:laugh: :handclap:

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
More like:

So the second girl you date is REALLY into you, was from your school, and the date was fine, except you can't stop thinking about how much more awesome the first girl was. You contact the first girl and chat late into the night on a few occasions and start planning a second date.

Meanwhile, kids at school have gotten wind that you went out on a date with the second girl, and she's talking about it too, so the the whole place thinks you're gonna start dating. Quietly you let the second girl know that you have already asked the first girl out and that she should look elsewhere unless she's down for a three-way.

The school implodes.

We win, the end!

You sir win this one. I think long term Sens will win this coaching debate as well :nod:

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
More like:

So the second girl you date is REALLY in to you, was from your school, and the date was fine, except you can't stop thinking about how much more awesome the first girl was. You contact the first girl and chat late into the night on a few occasions and start planning a second date.

Meanwhile, kids at school have gotten wind that you went out on a date with the second girl, and she's talking about it too, so the the whole place thinks you're gonna start dating. Quietly you let the second girl know that you have already asked the first girl out and that she should look elsewhere, unless she's down for a three-way.

The school implodes.

We win, the end!

:laugh: PotY :clap:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
dont forget the girl we ended up chosing ended up bringing her other hot friend, so losing on the first girl is not as bad, cuz you will get that three some you wanted.

(whats going on this thread)

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
dont forget the girl we ended up chosing ended up bringing her other hot friend, so losing on the first girl is not as bad, cuz you will get that three some you wanted.

(whats going on this thread)

But she has an annoying voice and she's getting old ... but whatever she knows what she's doing :laugh:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
But she has an annoying voice and she's getting old ... but whatever she knows what she's doing :laugh:

Definitely fooled around with the first girl though. No one can convince me we didn't do ANYTHING with the first girl.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Definitely fooled around with the first girl though. No one can convince me we didn't do ANYTHING with the first girl.

Damn right we fooled around with her, how else would we know if she was the right one or not, but we certainly never asked her to marry us.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
More like:

The school implodes.

We win, the end!

This is the best post I've read in years.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
More like:

The school implodes.

We win, the end!

Lmfao.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I can't stop thinking that this hiring is a defining moment in PD's career as a GM. He talked about making a connection with GB and I hope that this didn't cloud his judgment. Time will tell us very quickly whether GB is all talk and whether BB lets the win column do his talking for him.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I can't stop thinking that this hiring is a defining moment in PD's career as a GM. He talked about making a connection with GB and I hope that this didn't cloud his judgment. Time will tell us very quickly whether GB is all talk and whether BB lets the win column do his talking for him.

We're going to be better next year just by having a healthy roster. Bouchers real test will be the 2017-18 season, when we all have heightened expectations.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think Boucher's going to be a good coach for the team, can't wait for the season to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad