Confirmed with Link: Gustav Nyquist for a 2023 5th

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Honestly trying to figure out the order of these two things. Seems like either one would just inevitably lead to the other. lol.

It all depends if the windows were open/industrial exhaust fan running or not when making lutefisk.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
It all depends if the windows were open/industrial exhaust fan running or not when making lutefisk.
Eh, I feel like the end result is probably more suspect than the process, but I can't say I'm savvy in the ways of the vile fish game either.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Eh, I feel like the end result is probably more suspect than the process, but I can't say I'm savvy in the ways of the vile fish game either.

It smells much worse than it tastes. It tastes pretty darn bad (at least to me).

Reactions: MK9

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Forever not knowing is a risk I'm willing to take.
d91fb17e-5013-4190-aabf-86bfb8299416_text.gif

Reactions: MK9

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wasn't sold on it until I tried it, but A+ snack.

I also made lutefisk over Christmas and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I might just have low key brain damage.
Lutefisk may well taste great, but I put it in the same category as Blood pudding and Haggis. Foods that I don’t need to try.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Lutefisk may well taste great, but I put it in the same category as Blood pudding and Haggis. Foods that I don’t need to try.
Doesn't really taste like much of anything, so not a great loss even if you never taste it.

Reactions: 57special

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm kind of wondering where he plays when he comes back, assuming the top 2 lines are set.

Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello
Boldy - Eriksson Ek - Johansson
Foligno - Gaudreau - Nyquist
Reaves - Dewar - Sundquist

Does this look like you all expect? This leaves Duhaime, Shaw and Steel all sitting as extras. I've really liked Duhaime's game this year, so I hate to see him sit.
Or maybe they have Sundquist play 3rd line RW and move Nyquist over to LW. Would make for a heavy but slow 4th line.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm kind of wondering where he plays when he comes back, assuming the top 2 lines are set.

Does this look like you all expect? This leaves Duhaime, Shaw and Steel all sitting as extras. I've really liked Duhaime's game this year, so I hate to see him sit.
Or maybe they have Sundquist play 3rd line RW and move Nyquist over to LW. Would make for a heavy but slow 4th line.
I have that exact lineup in mind with Duhaime in for Reaves.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Duhaime at 3LW
Foligno at 4LW
Reaves/Sundqvist out

Duhaime has earned that spot IMO.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Foligno hasn’t exactly been great this year. Duhaime has been on fire lately.

Most of that is perception based on performance versus expectation delta. Duhaime isn't expected a lot and is outperforming low expectations. Foligno is underperforming much larger expectations. He's also been playing injured and has a history of performing at a level well above what Duhaime has ever showed as well as the whole dynamics of locker room and personality with Foligno being at the center of that. We're talking about a player with 1 assist in 40 games. and has gone for 30+ games stretches without points and benching Foligno because Duhaime has 4 goals in his last 8 games.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
This is a good problem to have. Guys in the bottom 2 lines will need to work harder than ever to stay in the line-up.
Exactly, not only do we have good injury depth, but we have healthy competition to stay in the lineup as a motivating factor. Internal competition can really help guys push their games, we have seen a bit of this with Kaprizov out and guys getting more opportunities, that battle to stay in can really help guys reach their top levels. Also allows for guys to rotate, rest and get healthy when needed, hugely beneficial for the end of season, especially when it comes to the hard battling depth guys.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Duhaime will be playing over Sundqvist. Reaves and Sundqvist are just too slow out there. I could even see Duhaime playing the third line with Gaudreau and Nyquist, and Foligno, Dewar, and Sundqvist/Reaves as a 4th line. Foligno has decent wheels when he is healthy. Having Sundqvist, Shaw, and Steel as subs isn’t the worst thing.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Duhaime will be playing over Sundqvist. Reaves and Sundqvist are just too slow out there. I could even see Duhaime playing the third line with Gaudreau and Nyquist, and Foligno, Dewar, and Sundqvist/Reaves as a 4th line. Foligno has decent wheels when he is healthy. Having Sundqvist, Shaw, and Steel as subs isn’t the worst thing.
Sundquivst has 29 points in 59 games, Duhaime has 9 points in 40 games. He will forsure be playing over Duhaime.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Kap/Hartman/Zucc
MarJo/JEE/Boldy
Foligno/Freddy G/Nyquist
Duhaime/Sundqvist/Reaves

Dewar, Shaw, Steel, and Walker sit. It's the Playoffs so they'll go with bigger bodies and guys they traded for in the lineup. Addison sits and it's a coin flip for whichever of Goli/Merrill is better with Klingberg for the 3rd pair.

Dewar started the season well with 10p in the first 26 games, but since then he's had 6p in 42 games. Reaves has 7p in the last 10 games (really WTF). Sundqvist has 5p in the 7 games he's been on the Wild.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kap/Hartman/Zucc
MarJo/JEE/Boldy
Foligno/Freddy G/Nyquist
Duhaime/Sundqvist/Reaves

Dewar, Shaw, Steel, and Walker sit. It's the Playoffs so they'll go with bigger bodies and guys they traded for in the lineup. Addison sits and it's a coin flip for whichever of Goli/Merrill is better with Klingberg for the 3rd pair.

Dewar started the season well with 10p in the first 26 games, but since then he's had 6p in 42 games. Reaves has 7p in the last 10 games (really WTF). Sundqvist has 5p in the 7 games he's been on the Wild.
Dewar is a key penalty killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad