Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Lindstrom recalled on an emergency basis

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Norlinder's play has been utterly undistinguished in Laval so far. I think that ship has sailed.
I was never high on him. He did look great in a couple exhibition games though. Now he's essentially Norlinder from last year. At least so far.

Reactions: Tyson

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Ok but how do blocked shots that can lead to bruised tissue or broken/fractured bone
Have anything to do with the medical staff? How is it their faults?

Reading all that stuff this summer about medical staffs
Do people believe they're job is having the ability to make players invincible?
I think you may be missing some of my humor here....

Reactions: Redux91

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I was never high on him. He did look great in a couple exhibition games though. Now he's essentially Norlinder from last year. At least so far.
Yeah I was expecting him to separate himself from the pack, same withTrudeau, they looked better in pre season for sure.

Mailloux for as raw as he is has looked good and Struble is an absolute stud.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
327318.webp

White Nite really wants to know if it's the left elbow or the right shoulder guys, he really do cares he loves David and he needs to know NOW :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Adriatic

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I still don't get this obsession with people wanting to know the exact nature of player's injury.
it has to do with Fantasy sports... Often times people need to know if they can move players to the LTIR (ahead of schedule) to grab an FA.. or for gambling purposes... like an "upper body" could denote a broken hand or back spasms ; thats a big difference.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
it has to do with Fantasy sports... Often times people need to know if they can move players to the LTIR (ahead of schedule) to grab an FA.. or for gambling purposes... like an "upper body" could denote a broken hand or back spasms ; thats a big difference.
Lolol fantasy sports omg stop it!

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I don't understand how people can spend so much time on this board about NHL hockey teams and not realize that all NHL teams more and more prefer having Defensemen play on the their proper side. It's like we live in a vacuum... actually maybe we do?

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
everyone chiming in on how Savard is a warrior, he put his body on the line... etc... Reality is thats an old way of thinking. Players need to start being way more intelligent with their Game Management, and personal responsibility. I for one (as a coach) would never put my players into the line of fire without adequate protection - it is insane that we expect hockey players to do the same.

I'm sorry, but if we are telling our players to go out there and break their wrist blocking a slap shot from the point, incase the oft chance our $4M veteran goalie is unable to save it - then there are far more glaring issues (talent wise) on our roster. If a player is dropping to block a shot from the point, then they are not reading the play correctly, and are out of position.

The time to put the proverbial "body" on the line is when it is do or die = elimination game playoffs, or to preserve a playoff win, or even to secure a playoff spot. The regular season has now become somewhat of a crapshoot, as more intelligent teams look to have the best roster at the start of playoffs. It is more like a marathon now, can you imagine telling a runner to sprint in the first km? gotta pace yourselves lads.

Reactions: Fuonki and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Thats my bad dude, I was wondering too because usually you and I are on the same page lol
Sorry bud
No worries..........................when they did that back in the summer, I thought there is no way to stop bad luck on the injury front, and..............here we are. We have some serious weird bad luck...

The one thing that the new guys can do, is hold the players more accountable to be honest, and the organization I think has made it known, the players were always self serving in coming back too soon.
Gally said he did it, all the time....

Reactions: Redux91

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
everyone chiming in on how Savard is a warrior, he put his body on the line... etc... Reality is thats an old way of thinking. Players need to start being way more intelligent with their Game Management, and personal responsibility. I for one (as a coach) would never put my players into the line of fire without adequate protection - it is insane that we expect hockey players to do the same.

I'm sorry, but if we are telling our players to go out there and break their wrist blocking a slap shot from the point, incase the oft chance our $4M veteran goalie is unable to save it - then there are far more glaring issues (talent wise) on our roster. If a player is dropping to block a shot from the point, then they are not reading the play correctly, and are out of position.

The time to put the proverbial "body" on the line is when it is do or die = elimination game playoffs, or to preserve a playoff win, or even to secure a playoff spot. The regular season has now become somewhat of a crapshoot, as more intelligent teams look to have the best roster at the start of playoffs. It is more like a marathon now, can you imagine telling a runner to sprint in the first km? gotta pace yourselves lads.

We can bring in Therrien as a consultant to help get our D to stop blocking shots.

Reactions: themilosh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad