Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Lindstrom recalled on an emergency basis

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
To be honest he hasn't look that good either. Come to think of it, no D has stood out except Jayden Struble who has been easily the best Dman in Laval.

Mailloux shows the most upside but he is not nearly ready.
Trudeau was been below average.
Beaudin has been ok.
Norlinder not much better than Lindstrom.
Well on the positive side, sounds like we may get to see Struble get a call up at some point this season.

Reactions: Tyson

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I would have called Norlinder instead. He had a really good camp and probably the best D to play on the PP

Norlinder has reverted to his f***shit ways in Laval. Struble has been our best D prospect in Laval so far.

Norlinder only really had like 5-6 good periods at camp. Not enough to earn first call up.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Norlinder has reverted to his f***shit ways in Laval. Struble has been our best D prospect in Laval so far.

Norlinder only really had like 5-6 good periods at camp. Not enough to earn first call up.
Agree. I have watched every Laval game this year and Struble has been extremely extremely impressive. Easily Laval's best defenseman.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Unless it was Struble, it's was all bad options. Better for the actual prospects to stay in the AHL and call up Lindstrom who played over 100 NHL games already.
Very true, I’m just making sure to make my point across that he’s underwhelming in Laval.

Reactions: morhilane

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
They're trying not to disrupt the development of the prospects in the AHL.

I would expect that they would recall Andersson or Stephens ahead of Roy, Farrell, etc.
If Roy is still 2+ ppg by game 15, they will have to start to think about making move to give him a top 9 roster spot. 19-20 years old 1.5-2 ppg don't stay 20 games in the AHL.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Struble is the one who deserves the call up.

They can. They also really don't play as well on their off-side.
Harris has trouble on the right side his lack of physicality hurts him more on his weak side.

Reactions: MXD

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Like Armia, the right guy is called up. No need to call up one of the youngsters, who need bigger minutes in Laval at the moment. Later in the season, that can change. But right now, Armia and Lindstrom are the right guys to call up.

No idea how it's upper body when it seemed like he was blocking shots with his lower body. Oh well. Here we go again.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
If Roy is still 2+ ppg by game 15, they will have to start to think about making move to give him a top 9 roster spot. 19-20 years old 1.5-2 ppg don't stay 20 games in the AHL.
It's about learning the pro game too, not just his ppg. Absolutely no reason to rush anyone. Besides, those guys need to win some damn games!

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
To be honest he hasn't look that good either. Come to think of it, no D has stood out except Jayden Struble who has been easily the best Dman in Laval.

Mailloux shows the most upside but he is not nearly ready.
Trudeau was been below average.
Beaudin has been ok.
Norlinder not much better than Lindstrom.
I'm shocked with Trudeau's play. He's been struggling. Norlinder has come back down to earth.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Savard was a monster on that PK last night.
Too bad he got hurt..............next up!!
The injuries so far, are nuts, but also makes me lol at the change in medical staff was for what? LOL

Let's see how the new crowd handle the injuries as guys re hab and return....
Our defensive system is a disorganized mess thanks to another clueless rookie coach,back to Robidas island Stephan !

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Also, I wouldn't have minded seeing Norlinder. But I'm guessing Lindstrom may be playing better, in addition to being a right shot. Whoever gets called up will at least dress, though for sure they may not play a lot.
Norlinder's play has been utterly undistinguished in Laval so far. I think that ship has sailed.

Reactions: schwang26

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He really has stood out. We should be excited about this player.
Regrettably, his 'standing out' is more a reflection of the uneven/poor play of his fellow Laval defencemen. Struble has made multiple defensive errors that have resulted in goals and scoring chances against. He is not ready for the NHL.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Savard was a monster on that PK last night.
Too bad he got hurt..............next up!!
The injuries so far, are nuts, but also makes me lol at the change in medical staff was for what? LOL

Let's see how the new crowd handle the injuries as guys re hab and return....
ugh im just afraid it is going to get worse - I get the sense that the more injuries there are, the more players play in spots that they arent used to (or talented enough to use) and end up in situations that are more likely to cause them injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00