Gustav Forsling

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think you are undervaluing Seabrook just a tad. He's certainly still better than Kempny/Murphy/Franson/Forsling at this point.

I think many are undervaluing him, but I still don't think he's better than all of those guys. Maybe Franson and Murphy, as of now. I'd take either of Forsling or Kempny over Seabs right now if I had to choose. AINEC.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I wonder what would happen if you put Seabs up front. Could he pull a Burns/Byfuglien and pot 25-30?

Back on topic since every thread is about Seabs, Forsling looks good. We're lucky we got him for nothing. Thanks Vancouver!

Did you contract the Fiddy syndrome?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Burns/Byfuglien played both as they were coming up/earning their spots. Putting a 32 year old that hasn't played the position competitively for at least fifteen years is apples and garden hoses.

It's also a slap in the face to a guy that helped you win 3 cups and wears a letter. This is off-season bored crazy talk.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Burns/Byfuglien played both as they were coming up/earning their spots. Putting a 32 year old that hasn't played the position competitively for at least fifteen years is apples and garden hoses.

It's also a slap in the face to a guy that helped you win 3 cups and wears a letter. This is off-season bored crazy talk.

It really is. Seabs is going to look slow at times but the critics need to look at the whole picture. He does a lot of subtle stuff that gets overlooked. Guaranteed, it doesn't get missed by the coaching staff.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

I agree with the first point, but I think if you're hypotheically letting 'respect' get in the way of helping the team, you're ****ed. Could care less about 'slaps in the face', do what helps the team regardless of hurt fee-fees.

Seabrook wouldnt be a good forward either though, so....

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Loved that play with 7 min left in the 3rd where McDavid was driving to the net and Gus stayed with him and rode him into the boards behind the net.
Yeah, that impressed me. The kid has been pretty good so far this year, and will likely only get better.

I also liked how he went into the corner, and got to the puck first and made a play on it, while Lucic was bearing down on him and drove him into the boards.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Haha. Keith has never been a super physical player, though. Sneaky dirty, yes. Overly physical, no. He has always relied on elite positioning, speed, quickness, and an elite stick.
Counterpoint is that the only time Keith wasn't shooting the team in the foot in the playoffs was when he laid the body on someone :D.

Seriously though...as much as that goal was on Seabs for once again failing to cover his man, I think Keith could have had better positioning on McJessus to interfere with the pass a bit better. IMHO Forsling did a better job covering him. You aren't always going to stop a talent like McJesus even if you're 2015 playoffs Keith, but given who he was partnered with he should have realized that chances are his partner would be unable to have his back on the other attacker.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You right. Was skipping through threads and read the title wrong.
I always knew the Mods didn't actually read what was posted

1106.gif

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Unbelievable performance again with Rutta.
yeah.... this guy is a player and really needs to be sign now. game after game or better yet, back to back games and he is still showing his game.

excellent find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad