Gustav Forsling

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Ian Mitchell looks pretty solid as well. Our D prospects could be solid. Keep forgetting Snug. Was never high on Krys but I will gladly be wrong.

Yeah I was higher on Krys (because of his skating). He has made strides this year. Could be a decent 5-6 PMD.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Ian Mitchell looks pretty solid as well. Our D prospects could be solid. Keep forgetting Snug. Was never high on Krys but I will gladly be wrong.
Snuggerud looks like he'll be a damn good player. Haven't seen him in Rockford since returning from injury, but he killed it in the traverse city tournament and looked a lot like Nick Leddy during the few minutes he played in preseason before getting injured. Also, according to Powers, Bowman and company are very high on him.

I expect we'll let Kempny walk this offseason, and have the left side be Keith, Forsling, and Snuggerud for next season.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I expect we'll let Kempny walk this offseason, and have the left side be Keith, Forsling, and Snuggerud for next season.

All depends on if Q is the coach. If he is this will 100% happen if he is canned then I think there is a chance he stays.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
All depends on if Q is the coach. If he is this will 100% happen if he is canned then I think there is a chance he stays.
Even if he's canned, I think Kempny goes. Obviously, Keith and Forsling are locks for next year. And if Snuggerud is as good as I think he is, he might be a better player than Kempny next year.

And honestly, if we're in a playoff spot come the trade deadline, I expect Bowman to try to trade Kempny (and a pick/prospect) for a rental LD who's better than MK. Maybe look for a guy who won't re-sign with his team, and a team that thinks it can get Kempny signed before he hits UFA status. But that's just me guessing what will happen.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Another game, another impressive performance from the kid. Only Keith and Rutta had more minutes overall against the Rangers. He was 2nd in PP time among defensemen (beaten again by Keith). Only Rutta had more PK time for the defense. Also had 3 shots and saved a goal.

The hardest position to find in this league is a good top pairing defensemen. Thanks to Adam Clendening, I think we've stumbled on one for the future.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Yeah thanks STANLEY for this idiot. Dur.

Even an idiot gets poked by a needle in a hay stack after fumbling through it for years, loses 10 trades and this team slides out of playoff competition and thats not "Dur" but let's sit here and celebrate one move that he actually done well. Go through every NHL lineup and you will see success stories.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Even an idiot gets poked by a needle in a hay stack after fumbling through it for years, loses 10 trades and this team slides out of playoff competition and thats not "Dur" but let's sit here and celebrate one move that he actually done well. Go through every NHL lineup and you will see success stories.
Well that's an odd way of saying thanks...

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Forsling still has his flaws but on the bright side, those flaws are not something hard to teach. Positioning will come which is already solid and the way he plays in front of Corey is also teachable.

Faster decision making is a lot harder to teach, now he is making plays. He has condifence, good stick, I think he is faster than ever, very good passes and just overall good Dman.

I want him to be a bit more offensive threat though. He has the shot, he needs to figure out how to play more effective in O-zone.

Still poor mans Hammer in Dzone with more puck skills. Could develop into top-pairing Dman but as of now, already #4. Not maybe one of the best #4's out there but still solid and YOUNG.

bobbydigital

Aug 18, 2016
Chicago
One move that he did well? How about the Vermette/Oduya signing? Oh yeah, he also signed Panarin as well.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

Heh, I also wager every NHL team has their share of busts, underperformers, and contracts they would like to have back. The difference being..the vast majority during the cap era don't have a single cup, let alone 3 to show for their efforts, lolz

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Heh, I also wager every NHL team has their share of busts, underperformers, and contracts they would like to have back. The difference being..the vast majority during the cap era don't have a single cup, let alone 3 to show for their efforts, lolz

But that would mean his narrative that Stan is a terrible GM is no different than any other team/GM in the league... that can't be true!! Stan is trash! Other GMs don't sign players to bad contracts or miss on trades! No way!

:sarcasm:

Reactions: TheSting

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not sure how we got Saad, Debrincat, Schmaltz, Hartman, Hayden, Rutta, Kempny, Panik, Forsberg, etc. Must have been a ghost.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I guess to some critical perspective you can judge Q as the haystack needle finder in one way or the other with Forsling. Lots of folks seemed to be against Forsling playing as much in the NHL last year this year, or even this year on the PK and in other situations. But it's been benefiting and going well for Forsling even at 21.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Looks great tonight so far against the Pens.

Love his shot...the quick wrister can be lethal. Maybe the other dmen (particularly Keith) will take note and start doing the same.

He’s reading the unfolding play better, attacking the puck in defensive zone, his stick is in the passing lanes, and he’s moving the puck quickly and correctly.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Second on our team AGAIN in minutes played by a defensemen. Wouldn't be surprised if he even plays more than Keith later on in the year if he keeps progressing like this.

Reactions: Paul Allen

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
He is an example of a player that needs to see NHL Minutes. Not everything can be learned in Rockford and then come to the NHL without making mistakes. As the youth comes through i hope that patience continues with other players as well.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
is it a Stretch to say he'll finish the Season as our #1 D?
i don't think so. the impact of his play the other day was important..... there is now another option to log those minutes that may go to Seabs.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
If only Stan can muster up the courage to ask Seabrook to drop his NMC but hes too much of a ***** to confront him though. On second thought even if he did who are we kidding he couldnt trade him if his life depended on it and it would require another TT kind of trade to make it happen, this time he would trade away Shmaltz and Cat along with him lol

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If only Stan can muster up the courage to ask Seabrook to drop his NMC but hes too much of a ***** to confront him though. On second thought even if he did who are we kidding he couldnt trade him if his life depended on it and it would require another TT kind of trade to make it happen, this time he would trade away Shmaltz and Cat along with him lol
the Bhawks screwed this up royally and you are right about the pkg to trade him. the other part of that, Seabs has mention that he would look to move to a western canadian team. further handicapping the ability to entertain any realm of a trade.

the only thing i can think of, and i am playing "Devils advocate" here is there is a wink.. wink deal between Seabs and the org. which i have always suspected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->