Not open for further replies.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
View attachment 241613

Where is everyone at on this now?

Still leaning on "Trade both" but it depends:

If Gus stops being a 13th FWD it ups his stock bigtime, and that would edge towards keep. On the flipside he could command a chunk of salary because of his O game, but if he could put it all together he would be a great asset, but as he was last year? he's still on the side of a luxury in my opinion. Time will tell.

Murph, with the additions of Maata and DeHaan is becoming redundant as well, but he is a bit less expensive. Technically all three may be redundant if/when the youth hit which is where I stand. If Joker, Boqvist, Beaudin, or Mitchell prove as-good there will be a timeframe when they are cheaper, and thus they all might be moved.

Time will tell, though, but I think this season we see both Murph and Gus a lot.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Still leaning on "Trade both" but it depends:

If Gus stops being a 13th FWD it ups his stock bigtime, and that would edge towards keep. On the flipside he could command a chunk of salary because of his O game, but if he could put it all together he would be a great asset, but as he was last year? he's still on the side of a luxury in my opinion. Time will tell.

Murph, with the additions of Maata and DeHaan is becoming redundant as well, but he is a bit less expensive. Technically all three may be redundant if/when the youth hit which is where I stand. If Joker, Boqvist, Beaudin, or Mitchell prove as-good there will be a timeframe when they are cheaper, and thus they all might be moved.

Time will tell, though, but I think this season we see both Murph and Gus a lot.

200.webp

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Redundant in the sense that we now have more D that play good defense.
The other d we have are more similar to Murphy's abilities than Gus. I think that's just a fact at this point. Weather or not that is grounds to move him is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad