GDT: Gulls @ Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Panik is a goal scorer and he needs to be fed the puck, Toews and Saad should be more of the play makers but Toews has disappeared yet again for another season and no matter how much you guys try to sugar coat it he is the main reason why that first line is not producing. You cant blame the 2.6M forward who is exceeding expectations, you gotta blame the 10.5 who is playing like a 6 who has only 6 goals(1 empty net) in 23 games, thats a projection of 18 goals(pathetic) this season if you dont count the empty net which you really shouldn't as it doesn't require much skill to put the puck in an open net. Toews has lost it, its time to look up trade avenues for him and Seabrook as that 17.5M can really push this team to contender status very easily, they are practically useless when combined they should be worth 8M, thats almost 10M in dead weight. Yes yes yes they are playing "fine" but thats not enough, relative to their cap its a horrendous showing.

Incorrect.

Toews hasn’t been the problem with the first line’s lack of offensive production. He’s creating chances that others are failing to convert.

Correct.

Toews has been feeding Saad and Panik a ton. Saad is starting to heat up, Panik will eventually too if he keeps putting rubber toward the net at the rate he is.

All that said, Debrincat should definitely be moved to the top 6, or at the very least, his preferred side. I'm happy Sharp got his goal, but I maintain he's not a finisher any more, and could solve a lot of problems by being switched to center and handling the defensive needs of a line with Hartman on the right side and Debrincat on the left side.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Panik is a goal scorer and he needs to be fed the puck, Toews and Saad should be more of the play makers but Toews has disappeared yet again for another season and no matter how much you guys try to sugar coat it he is the main reason why that first line is not producing. You cant blame the 2.6M forward who is exceeding expectations, you gotta blame the 10.5 who is playing like a 6 who has only 6 goals(1 empty net) in 23 games, thats a projection of 18 goals(pathetic) this season if you dont count the empty net which you really shouldn't as it doesn't require much skill to put the puck in an open net. Toews has lost it, its time to look up trade avenues for him and Seabrook as that 17.5M can really push this team to contender status very easily, they are practically useless when combined they should be worth 8M, thats almost 10M in dead weight. Yes yes yes they are playing "fine" but thats not enough, relative to their cap its a horrendous showing.
your opinion on Toews is yours. i am talking about a player who can finish and i never thought that panik can't do it on a semi constant situation. so put panik on the 3rd line and let him regain his scoring touch.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The lines are good they way they are, although they do need a 3C. All 3 lines are scoring, and the 4th line is doing its job. Roll with it until they go cold.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Nice win, great to see Cat get the hatty, Kane was great, AA continues to play well. Sharp and Hartsy broke thru, Crow let in a couple of softies but no harm done and i for one will give him a pass as he's been our best player so far. Hayden and Panic struggled a bit with the puck but their physical part of the game was good.

Oh yeah it's always great to beat the Ducks... pukes from pukeville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad