GDT: Gulls @ Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Hawks going up against the most decimated forward group in the NHL right now. Very strange that Q is going Crawford tonight against this group with a road game at Nashville lurking tomorrow. 5 games in 7 days... Crawford can't play them all. Thought this was a good time to get Forsberg in... on his birthday too!

Just to show how badly banged up that forward group is... Michael Liambas played for the ducks last game. Yes, the same that was in our system two years back that was barely a passable AHL player.

Please win.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I was a bit surprised myself with hearing Crow is starting, but considering I have tickets for tonight, I'm okay with it.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
We're missing our entire 1st line (Getzlaf, Rakell, Eaves), our best 2nd liner (Kesler), our best 3rd liner (Kase), AND Jared Boll. Good luck to you guys.

Reactions: Krivo25

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Crawford is starting?

Did Q just look at how well Nashville is playing and think '**** it, we're not winning that game anyway, let's just load up and try to ensure we pick up 2 points against the Ducks'?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Crawford is starting?

Did Q just look at how well Nashville is playing and think '**** it, we're not winning that game anyway, let's just load up and try to ensure we pick up 2 points against the Ducks'?

Makes no sense. Nothing much that the man does makes sense these days. I said it a little while back, but it's almost like he's trying to get fired...

Reactions: Ted Lasso

helicon1

Jan 4, 2010
We're missing our entire 1st line (Getzlaf, Rakell, Eaves), our best 2nd liner (Kesler), our best 3rd liner (Kase), AND Jared Boll. Good luck to you guys.

Thank god Boll is out, now I actually like the Hawks chances. I watched the last game against LA and thought the Ducks looked pretty good, especially defensively. Although the Kings were surprisingly terrible given their record (had thought they were playing better this year). Really strange not to be playing a day game against the Ducks.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
It doesn’t matter how many injuries a team has we have shown many times this season we are capable of losing to a team no matter who they ice. Hopefully we keep up the good play from the last few weeks and get the 2 points.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There isn't a single bit of logic that dictates the playing of Crawford tonight.. and if he goes back-to-back, it is worse still. Kick yourself upstairs now, Q!

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Looking forward to a spirited game as the Hawks have looked better recently. But playing Crawford I just don’t get. I even think it is Forsberg’s Birthday.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Never fear folks. Q announced that Tootoo is almost ready... which means if Hawks do run into an injury at the forward position, it will be Tootoo who fills the spot. :sarcasm:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Bouma - Wingles - Tootoo

It's going to happen at some point. Best prepare for it now.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't see why it matters who starts what night. Both are really tough opponents, we need 2 points both nights, and it could mean something mentally if A) we win with Forsberg vs. NSH, huge mental boost for team and back up.
B) we lose big with Crawford, and mentally breaks a team for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad