Confirmed with Link: Guess who's back? Back again? (Wild claim Prosser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
giphy.gif

Reactions: 123TripleDoge

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Better to admit your mistakes than continuing to live with them. Prosser is not a good Dman, but he can give you 10 minutes a night on the right side and go sit in the pressbox when you don't need him.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Prosser is not awful, which is what Quincey was in my mind, so we upgraded.

Also, the added lulz of Prosser being back AGAIN is lovely. :laugh:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
As long as there not switching out Reilly Olofsson every game. I guess it’s okay.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Quincey was bad because he provided no offense while being a complete liability. Prosser is only half that equation, so it's an upgrade. He's like a bad penny... if you actually kind of liked that penny because you'd been through some stuff together, but in the end, it is just a penny.

As long as there not switching out Reilly Olofsson every game. I guess it’s okay.

I feel as though they should just play whoever is playing well. Right now, I'd give Reilly another chance, keep Olofsson in because he's been playing well, and sit Prosser. If Reilly stinks it up a couple games, throw Prosser in and sit Reilly, or send him to Iowa. Promotion and demotion by merit.

Reactions: The Enemy Within

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
lol at the idea that Prosser is an upgrade over Quincey. He gets put on waivers everywhere he goes. They are both chit. They should have signed free-agent Zidlicky. He actually looked decent with the Isles the last time he played.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
lol at the idea that Prosser is an upgrade over Quincey. He gets put on waivers everywhere he goes. They are both chit. They should have signed free-agent Zidlicky. He actually looked decent with the Isles the last time he played.
At the very least he's an upgrade in that he plays on the right and doesn't force one of Olofsson/Reilly to play their off side. I hope that one of the AHL guys can step up and keep Prosser in the pressbox, though.

He's also an upgrade in that he seems to be well-liked in the locker room. I don't know what Quincey's deal was, but it sounds like he wasn't. Not that Prosser is going to fix the team's mood, but maybe the combination of the entire forward corps getting called out by Fletcher and the addition of a friendly face will help spark something.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Prosser will obviously not change our fortunes too much, but whenever Prosser plays, I don't feel that he is consistently awful, like Quincey was.

With Prosser at least you get those times where he kinda fades away and you don't really notice him, which for a bottom pairing defenseman, is just fine.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I remember Prosser playing some oddly good games near the end of last season. He is a RHD, and knows his limitations.

Big plus is that we have our whipping boy back. We can leave Dumba alone now.

I think the team will respond to a move like this. They aren't stupid. They know that they have to be better, or changes will be made. This is not a team in rebuilding mode. They are built to win now.

Reactions: FVM and W75

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
The mistake was not to sign Prosser before the season. Would have saved cap space and is a BEAST of a 7th D! Should have also signed Hendricks!

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Nathanael Christian Prosser the 3rd, Welcome again! And again.. and again.

The devil we know. The one we love to hate. Last piece of the puzzle. Missing link. It all feels right now. Let's play hockey!

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Prosser is absolutely an upgrade on Quincey.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Prosser on the Wild is like canned beans. Not your first choice, probably not your second choice either, but they will be there when you need them. And while occasionally providing certain side effects, they are something that is often overlooked. And like beans, Prosser, too, is inexpensive and will do in a pinch.

Welcome back, Nate. I've missed ya, scrappy.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Enemy Within

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
So this is what...the 3rd time we've brought him back? I think he's rightfully earned the new nickname "Boomerang."
I like it, and I'm going to use it. You'll be the only other person who'll know who I'm talking about.

Look up their career stats and tell me that

Are we getting the career averages out of either player, or are we simply getting what they're capable of this year? It's not that Prosser is good, it's just that Quincey was spectacularly awful for us for the last 10 games or so. That's roughly half of the time he's played here. I don't know that Prosser will be better for sure, but he was a lot better last year than Quincey has been this year.

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Look up their career stats and tell me that
Looking up career numbers to determine who is better right now would be pretty stupid, but just for fun I looked anyway. Guess what I figured out? Prosser is absolutely an upgrade on Quincey.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What version of Prosser are we getting? Last year he was fine as the 6/7 d-man. The year before he was awful to watch on the ice (I really felt that the Wild were going to give up a goal every shift of his).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad