Confirmed with Link: Guess who's back? Back again? (Wild claim Prosser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
I'm finding it hard to process we have The Processor back. Just a move to prove that we can make a move. Prove me wrong Prosser and make something happen.

2014 Hockey Day overtime goal was one I will never forget!

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
The thing about Prosser is that while he is mediocre at everything, he isn't usually a liability on the ice and is cheap which makes him a better pressbox defenseman than Quincey.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The thing about Prosser is that while he is mediocre at everything, he isn't usually a liability on the ice and is cheap which makes him a better pressbox defenseman than Quincey.
Yeah, this is where I'm at.

Puhis' can of beans analogy is brilliant, lol. You won't starve with Prosser. You may not love it, but you can live off beans.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
The man who will not stay away....
I like this claim.
Should have kept Prosser and his very team friendly contract asking price from the beginning.

As others have said, he isn't a spectacular defenseman, but does just enough to leave one comfortable icing him.
Plus he brings some sandpaper from the blue line which is something Minnesota really don't have from their defensive group.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The man who will not stay away....
I like this claim.
Should have kept Prosser and his very team friendly contract asking price from the beginning.

As others have said, he isn't a spectacular defenseman, but does just enough to leave one comfortable icing him.
Plus he brings some sandpaper from the blue line which is something Minnesota really don't have from their defensive group.

I'd suspect if he was "asking" for a 650k two way contract, the Wild would have signed him right away. But i'm sure he was looking for a deal closer to 1 way in the 1 Million dollar range.

When he couldn't get it, he settled in August.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Why not? known commodity, super long shelf life in the press box, can play simple and sound NHL defense on the cheap.

283 NHL games played over 9 years and counting. Not bad for an un-drafted bloke form Elk River.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Nate Prosser is 35.2% Corsi (-11.2% relCorsi) in his four games. It's funny that he passes the eye test because I always think he looks ok too, but math disagrees. If he drops off, well...

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Majority of the team is below 50% on CF% though right? We're just not a Corsi friendly team at all...even worse than last year so far I think. The only thing in terms of stats that helps make the team look better is the xGF% battle I think...I believe we are still over 50% when it comes to that. So we lose the shot attempts battle almost every game but the quality of chances given up isn't that high.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Majority of the team is below 50% on CF% though right? We're just not a Corsi friendly team at all...even worse than last year so far I think. The only thing in terms of stats that helps make the team look better is the xGF% battle I think...I believe we are still over 50% when it comes to that. So we lose the shot attempts battle almost every game but the quality of chances given up isn't that high.

The majority is I guess, but the guys you expect to lead in the category are positive. Bottom half of the roster has been dragging the team down. The Wild actually give up fewer shots than average but they take far fewer too (836 shots on goal this season, average is 956). Corsi isn't the be-all obviously but that number absolutely has to improve for them to go on a run. Prosser probably isn't the solution there.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
My favorite Prosser stat is actually a Kyle Quincey Stat:

Record with Quincey: 6-10-2
Record without Quincey: 9-2-0

So Prosser's not the answer in the broadest sense, but he's absolutely been the answer to a very specific problem.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nate Prosser is 35.2% Corsi (-11.2% relCorsi) in his four games. It's funny that he passes the eye test because I always think he looks ok too, but math disagrees. If he drops off, well...

He's also on the bottom pair. They tend to have a lower corsi just because of the skill drop off from the top-4 if they aren't getting purely protected minutes.

As for the bottom-6 being lower corsi than last year. Pommer (a shooter) and usually one of Coyle, Nino, or Parise (never saw a shot he didn't like) were the wings. Replacing willing shooters with the guys they have now will definitely hurt the corsi.

I don't know what the SA against are from this year to last year, but I'd guess the SA for are a lot lower.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Huh, I didn't realize Prosser signed a 2 year contract with STL. I just figured it was a 1 yr deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad