Guess what? Dalpe sent back down to Charlotte

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Are we really down to Murph, Rask, and PDG as our only prospects with real top 6 or top pairing potential in any sort of way?

Great question. And yes. Biega has top 4 potential I think, but not top pairing. Still not sure why Chris Terry has never been given a sniff.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
I'm still stoned on Biega, can't believe I forgot him... He'll contribute I'm almost sure... Like u said, second pairing ceiling maybe, but a great player none the less

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Great question. And yes. Biega has top 4 potential I think, but not top pairing. Still not sure why Chris Terry has never been given a sniff.

Still on the Levi hype train. He would be in Charlotte if the Checkers hadn't started the year with Faulk, Jordan, Sanguinetti, Bellemore, Gragnani, Kvisto, Rasmussen and Krueger all on the defense.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
The minor-league development of our prospects flat out sucks.

This "Boychuk/Dalpe/Every Other Prospect Stuck In Our Graveyard Farm" lies directly at the feet of Jeff Daniels. These guys just aren't ready to produce at the NHL level when called upon.

Thankfully, neither Faulk nor Skinner spent much or any time in Charlotte.

I have thought this was strange, since they are 4th in their conference. How are they all having such difficultly coming up to the NHL?

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC

Don't quote me on this, but I could swear someone on this forum said he was a defensive liability. I haven't really paid much attention to that aspect of his game, so I have no real judgement for now.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Has the CBA changed? or can Biega pull a Justin Schulz after his final year if he so chooses?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I have thought this was strange, since they are 4th in their conference. How are they all having such difficultly coming up to the NHL?

They are full of guys like Keith Aucoin. Good AHL players, marginal NHL players. We love to fall in love with prospects, but honestly, once you get past the 1st round, the chance of a guy becoming a full time NHL player is like 20% or less.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC

Well, Terry just scored another from Dalpe in the Checkers game tonight. So...... there must be something the coaches see that he needs to improve on.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Don't quote me on this, but I could swear someone on this forum said he was a defensive liability. I haven't really paid much attention to that aspect of his game, so I have no real judgement for now.

That was me, and that was from someone with in the organization. They have told him what to work, Muller was impressed with offense when I talked to.

WWAD

Aug 20, 2009
He already has a goal and an assist in the Checkers game tonight.

rdp06c

Jan 21, 2013
Dalpe left the game with an injury according to the Checkers twitter feed.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Has the CBA changed? or can Biega pull a Justin Schulz after his final year if he so chooses?

If the stuff I'm reading is correct, the only NCAA related change in the new CBA is that if a college player signs for a few games at the end of a season, it no longer burns a year on their ELC. So less incentive for a player to sign immediately after the college season ends, but they're still allowed to.

So yeah, Biega could fark us over if he wanted to. Hopefully JR will give him a nice enough offer to prevent that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad