Guess what? Dalpe sent back down to Charlotte

Tony1028

Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=658049

RALEIGH, NC – Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has reassigned forward Zac Dalpe to the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL). Dalpe will travel to Norfolk, VA, for the Checkers’ game tonight at The Scope against the Admirals.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
They never give this kid a shot to see what he can do but we have Chad LaRose play on the first line.

He had 6 games where he was invisible on the 2nd line with Skinner and Staal. Dwyer stepped in and was immediately more effective. Dalpe's game has consisted of either speed down the wing and shoot it into the goalies chest or flip the puck into the zone, skate in after it and lose the battle along the boards.

He hasn't been better than Dwyer or LaRose (yes..even LaRose) or even Wallace, so I see no reason to keep him up as a bottom line player. He only got called up due to injuries to Skinner and Brent so it makes sense he goes back down. I think he can be an effective player, but needs to still improve in other areas of his game.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
2 points (one of which was an empty net assist), -4, and a whopping 8 shots on goal in 7 games while averaging 11 minutes a game, most of it while playing with Jordan/Skinner.

I'm not sure what people see in him and never have. I think some drank a bit too much of the JR kool-aid when he penciled Dalpe onto the second line two years ago and have overhyped him to death ever since, beginning with pimping Dalpe in as a Calder contender after his record-breaking 2 points in preseason. The Boychuk Hate Club also needed a counterpoint to Boychuk's Soft/Lazy/Hooker-Murdering ways and enter Zac Dalpe, who has nearly identical flaws but is a few inches taller and CAME TO CAMP BRIND'AMOUR EARLY.

Chad LaRose sucks horribly, but Dalpe is even worse and thus does not play. The AHL is a vastly inferior league, so it's not surprising that Dalpe can score there. So could Chad. In fact his numbers at the same age were better than Saint Dalpe's.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
2 points (one of which was an empty net assist), -4, and a whopping 8 shots on goal in 7 games while averaging 11 minutes a game, most of it while playing with Jordan/Skinner.

I'm not sure what people see in him and never have. I think some drank a bit too much of the JR kool-aid when he penciled Dalpe onto the second line two years ago and have overhyped him to death ever since, beginning with pimping Dalpe in as a Calder contender after his record-breaking 2 points in preseason. The Boychuk Hate Club also needed a counterpoint to Boychuk's Soft/Lazy/Hooker-Murdering ways and enter Zac Dalpe, who has nearly identical flaws but is a few inches taller and CAME TO CAMP BRIND'AMOUR EARLY.

Chad LaRose sucks horribly, but Dalpe is even worse and thus does not play. The AHL is a vastly inferior league, so it's not surprising that Dalpe can score there. So could Chad. In fact his numbers at the same age were better than Saint Dalpe's.

Maybe we should all just agree to disagree about the Dalpe situation? However, we can all agree that the Jokinen situation needs to change (whether its his position in the lineup or his position as a member of this team) :) Heres to hoping Pitkanen is back and the canes come out against FL like they did yesterday and we don't continue our losing streak against the SE division!

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Maybe we should all just agree to disagree about the Dalpe situation?

Not really, at the end of the day, 2 coaches in a row (Maurice and Muller) have both deemed he's not yet ready for full time NHL duty vs. others on the team, and that's what matters.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Not really, at the end of the day, 2 coaches in a row (Maurice and Muller) have both deemed he's not yet ready for full time NHL duty vs. others on the team, and that's what matters.

So we all can't have our own individual opinions? Cool.

Guess I forgot that on a forum you cannot express your own opinions and must agree with every move the coaching staff makes.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
So we all can't have our own individual opinions? Cool.

Not saying that, you are definitely free to have your opinion, I just don't agree with it and my point is at this time, the coaches (who really matter) don't appear to either.

Guess I forgot that on a forum you cannot express your own opinions and must agree with every move the coaching staff makes.

:laugh: Like that ever happens on here.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Dalpe has now played 14 games under Muller, averaging 11:28 seconds a game.

His most common linemates have been Skinner (79 minutes), J.Staal (57 minutes), E. Staal (52 minutes) and Tlusty (50 minutes). Almost every game he's played has been in the top six.

He has gone pointless in 11 of 14 games with 5 points (1 goal, 4 assists) and -6 overall.

It's really difficult to argue he hasn't been given a chance. Boychuk played 4 total games under Muller before he was waived and everyone derides him as a bust. What makes Dalpe different?

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
It's really difficult to argue he hasn't been given a chance. Boychuk played 4 total games under Muller before he was waived and everyone derides him as a bust. What makes Dalpe different?

Nothing, IMO. I think they both should have gotten better looks last year, and it's utterly ****ing ridiculous that we waived Boychuk after ONE game where the ENTIRE team looked like complete ****.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
The minor-league development of our prospects flat out sucks.

This "Boychuk/Dalpe/Every Other Prospect Stuck In Our Graveyard Farm" lies directly at the feet of Jeff Daniels. These guys just aren't ready to produce at the NHL level when called upon.

Thankfully, neither Faulk nor Skinner spent much or any time in Charlotte.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Do you guys honestly think that the was a plan to give Wallace a roster spot or Dwyer a top six spot with Skinner / Staal?

It was Dalpe's spot to lose.... and he lost it. Dwyer has been a much better player in that spot.

You should never give high round draft picks an automatic spot on the roster. They have to earn it like everybody else.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

It's alright. 3 coaches in a row have found a reason to stick LaRose in the top line and there's still *****ing about it, so I don't expect this Dalpe situation to be any different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad