Guess CBJ First Win of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Blackhawks aren't that good. IIRC, the Hawks forwards didn't outscore the Jackets forwards. Have folks seen their 3rd and 4th lines? A 2 line team like that can get outmatched on the road. Of course, we would need a functional shutdown line for that.....

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
And then Philly came all the way back to tie it 4-4. They're not invincible.

....and then the Hawks scored three more to win 7-4. I certainly think the Jackets can score a few goals, but can a very young blue line and an average goalie shut the Hawks down? Not sure, and it's such a miserable experience being surrounded by Hawks fans when they are playing well at Nationwide. Hopefully the game ops can refrain from playing Chelsea Dagger.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
This extended training period is truly a marvel. All the talk about tough schedule can be forgotten if it allows for such freedom of training. Good gracious, five days!

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
It's Friday night. The team is starting to come together and a nearly full week of practice will do them good.

I hope so.

I've been board absent since dropping $$$ on opening night tickets and watching the **** we dropped on the ice. We have the talent, we should be a hard team to beat at home, time to figure things out, and right now. I like Torts, but if we start 2-8, I'm ready to send him packing. We have enough talent in the room to win a freaking home game (6 World Cup roster members).

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The team looked better in the past 2 games than they did during the 0-8 stretch last season. Bob certainly looks better.

That said, tough schedule. I suppose it's always a tough schedule when you're on the bottom looking up, but it seems hard to anticipate them beating Chicago.

If we win, it'll be basically a fluke until we manage to control puck possession better and limit opposition shots. Not saying we won't win, in fact I expect us to in the next couple of games, but the chronic problem of being out possessed and out shot needs to be addressed.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
This was some serious scheduling stupidity to stick us with a 6 game layoff 2 games into the season, then follow it with 2 back to backs in 7 days

It's better than 6 games in 9 days including 2 back to backs that they had last season. Hopefully they've adjusted after the first two losses rather than not having time to practice at all like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad