Guess CBJ First Win of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I think we'll win Friday. Almost an entire week to prepare and refine the team's structure.

Also, I think this is the year the Blackhawks take a step back. Not a big fan of their depth outside of their top-6.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I think we'll win Friday. Almost an entire week to prepare and refine the team's structure.

Also, I think this is the year the Blackhawks take a step back. Not a big fan of their depth outside of their top-6.
I could see it, although Chicago playing in our arena is practically a home game for them.

(Kidding... partly).

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
It's Friday night. The team is starting to come together and a nearly full week of practice will do them good.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
We must win but I feel that CHI 5 line ( aka referees) makes win for Hawks:( anyway we must try:)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Who knows. We are so bad. We have one game changer (and he is a rookie defenseman), a couple decent players, and a bunch of okay to bad players.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Chose this Friday against the Hawks.. because I'd like to think we play them fairly tough at home. Week off, should have fresh legs, solid game plan. (keyword: should)

Thought about selling my tickets.. but gotta support the team ;)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
lol, over 20% of the people think we'll start worse than last season. We are such an optimistic bunch.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
lol, over 20% of the people think we'll start worse than last season. We are such an optimistic bunch.

That schedule is so brutal though.... I felt before start of the season that the home opener against Boston may be best chance at a win prior to Montreal. Torts is 0-5 this Fall if you throw in the World Cup games. I could see Forsberg called up for home Dallas game if Bob gets beat up on the West trip, if so, maybe Forsberg steals a game for us.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Brutal or no, if you are in the NHL you should win a few of them.

True this but the operative word is should.. Its a crap shoot to predict when as there are no sure wins although LA appears to be struggling a bit. Get a few bad breaks and the record could be 0-16. That's how brutal the opening stretch is imo.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I chose the Kings - with no Quick in goal the Jackets may have a chance. The Hawks are going to score about 7 or 8 goals on Friday and the Stars are too good.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
LOL, this is an "only the CBJ" thread right here. And for the record, I have no idea.

Maybe this thread will act as a "reverse jinx" and the CBJ go on crazy win/point streak. :D

I seriously hope for minimally 6 or 7 points through the Montreal game, but don't see it happening...it sucks so bad having the season over before Thanksgiving. It can't help players improve if they know 5 months before the season is over that the season is already flushed.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
True this but the operative word is should.. Its a crap shoot to predict when as there are no sure wins although LA appears to be struggling a bit. Get a few bad breaks and the record could be 0-16. That's how brutal the opening stretch is imo.

So what you're saying is that the stretch is so brutal in your opinion that we're not capable of winning a game for 20% of our schedule?

Come on folks, geez.. lol

You know, they can actually win any of the games listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad