Guelph Storm 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
How's Buchinger looking this season. He's one of my favorite defensive prospects from the Blues.
You have a great prospect. He is a smooth skater, sees the ice well. He has a great hockey IQ, contributes offensively while also being very responsible defensively. Often in the O you will see one or the other, offensive D who cheat or your stay at home guy. Buchinger is impressive because he reads the play so well that he does what's needed... he will jump in and contribute with a heavy shot, but rarely at the expense of his defensive responsibilities.

• Love
Reactions: Linkens Mastery

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
You have a great prospect. He is a smooth skater, sees the ice well. He has a great hockey IQ, contributes offensively while also being very responsible defensively. Often in the O you will see one or the other, offensive D who cheat or your stay at home guy. Buchinger is impressive because he reads the play so well that he does what's needed... he will jump in and contribute with a heavy shot, but rarely at the expense of his defensive responsibilities.
Vince Dunn like? Maybe a bit better defensively?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Better than Dunn. Enjoy next year, not sure how long deep your pool is on Defense, but I'd bet he's in a Blues uniform next year as opposed to in the AHL.
Our defensive prospect pool isn't the greatest. We have Lindstein from last draft and Lööf and Buchinger as our biggest LHD prospects unless someone wows us. And our actual NHL pool is Leddy-Krug and then Tucker and Perunovich. I'm really hoping Buchinger can wow the Blues and Blues fanbase. I'm really rooting for him.

Reactions: StormWatcher

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I see Guelph is starting Kyle Downing in goal tonight. Did Kingston release him?
First time I've seen him in Guelph. Slavik is away and it's the middle of a 3 in 3. Not sure if it was a loaner situation.

Guelph is going to struggle to win games until the new year with these injuries and Buchinger gone. Not fun.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
First time I've seen him in Guelph. Slavik is away and it's the middle of a 3 in 3. Not sure if it was a loaner situation.

Guelph is going to struggle to win games until the new year with these injuries and Buchinger gone. Not fun.
On the broadcast Friday night they said he was on emergency loan.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
1702407959696.png

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
You will like Budnick, blocks shots, clears the front of the net and can fight if needed.
Thanks for this, with injuries to the D corps and Buchinger at the WJC we desperately needed help on the backend. Now at least we can have a Top 4 of OHL defensemen for the next month.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Budnick brings leadership and is very good in the dressing room. He is one of the best shot blockers in the league, is a good stay at home d man and will put the body on the line for the team every night. You guys got a good one. He will fight as well if needed- not the best at it but atleast he stands up for teammates.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Budnick brings leadership and is very good in the dressing room. He is one of the best shot blockers in the league, is a good stay at home d man and will put the body on the line for the team every night. You guys got a good one. He will fight as well if needed- not the best at it but atleast he stands up for teammates.
Your initial comments don't surprise me, that's the type of player George is looking for. Thanks FF67.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
A Part 2 for Ludwinski would be a big lift to the offense which is badly needed.
The fronts move for Schmidt today is a little confusing as it is sorta a buyers move but I still have hope that they use their heads and sell ludwinski to some team to help with next year. I suspect you guys, London, Saginaw, potentially soo and potentially Sudbury will be in the running

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
A nice way to go into the break... once the defense is healthy it is going to be deep.

Buchinger/Allen
Hislop/Beauchesne
Budnick/Singh
Sandhu/Topp
Romeo

This is not in any order... Just L/R. You've got to think they will move defense for more firepower.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Soo fan here.. Was in town for the game today. Must say, I really enjoyed your barn once again. (I’ve been on a few occasions). Your entrance and video is outstanding. Happy holidays!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Boston Bruins loan F Matt Poitras to Canada for world juniors - TSN.ca

Poitras playing for team Canada! Hopefully they send him back to Guelph after the tournament.
As a long time Bruin fan I was hoping the Bruins would send Poitras to the junior squad. Great move. Sometimes the pros get these skilled junior players in camp and they look great. Then as the season wears on they start getting banged around and beat up. Better to leave them in junior for an extra year or two IMO. Good luck to Poitras. Hope he does well.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I think they do. I don’t remember someone getting loaned then playing a full season with the nhl team after
Rangers lost Donavan Sebrango to the AHL during covid. Allowed to play there because of the circumstances. He played on Team Canada and everyone hoped he got sent back. Last I read he was in some minor pro league below the AHL.

MidwestStorm

Oct 9, 2023
Very, very good news. Happy for him and wish him a great tournament. Can't help but hope it is also good news for the Storm and Storm fans. He has had an amazing few months as a Bruin.

Reactions: StormWatcher

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Barrett Hayton never got sent back after playing World Juniors.
Wow so 2 players Debra go and hayton that never panned out someone should tell the bruins this lol

Side note though hayton would be like a top 5 player in the league one day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad