Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
His team Toronto canadiens scored ZERO goals against Marlies.... who scored 6 goals against his lordship..even after goofing off last year they put him in starting 5 for national anthem... idiots.....nuff said..

With your sentence structuring, I find you to be a bit of an enigma....can’t tell whether you’re a Storm fan.... or a disgruntled relative...maybe when the mayhem in the streets starts...it will become clearer....maybe not - it is clear though....you are angry with #6.....perhaps a somewhat personal slight has occurred in this regard in the past.....where there’s smoke...you know the drill....’nuff said.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
With your sentence structuring, I find you to be a bit of an enigma....can’t tell whether you’re a Storm fan.... or a disgruntled relative...maybe when the mayhem in the streets starts...it will become clearer....maybe not - it is clear though....you are angry with #6.....perhaps a somewhat personal slight has occurred in this regard in the past.....where there’s smoke...you know the drill....’nuff said.
not really..re #6.. I just don't like poor ownership and mgmt and coaching ruining a fine "PROSPECT"..how will I ever recover from your critical grammatical pontif ications ... oh; ....woe is me.. see y'all at the forum..

OU812

Sep 11, 2017
You’d hope so but could also be read as arrogance. The more telling question would be which teams didn’t he talk to?

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
hmmmmmm-smells-like-jealousy.jpg

Reactions: bobber

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
Just announced that Ratcliffe is the new captain for 2018-19. I think its a great choice and expected. This puts the Radcliffe rumours to rest hoefully since we rarely make trades involving captains.

Reactions: storm surge

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Team has parted ways with goalie coach. Who’s available to take over?
Must have been philosophical differences between archaic head coach and young goalie coach....who turned an average goalie with one of the worst defensive defenceman in front of him into decent starter who played second most games while facing the most shots per game. Maybe they can grab Ottawa's part time guy; they won't need him after they draft a euro to save the day.

Reactions: storm surge

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Must have been philosophical differences between archaic head coach and young goalie coach....who turned an average goalie with one of the worst defensive defenceman in front of him into decent starter who played second most games while facing the most shots per game. Maybe they can grab Ottawa's part time guy; they won't need him after they draft a euro to save the day.

popovich is better then 90 percent of the goalies in the league. taking a euro goalie woul be a massive miss in a 'go for it' year.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
I agree Popovich is good- but IMHO he has a few flaws that need to be fixed to improve going forward ( not always gets in best position to stop shots- ie too deep in crease, goes down early, too many rebounds, etc)
Daws at 6'5" more suited for this style.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
BINGO!
popovich is better then 90 percent of the goalies in the league. taking a euro goalie woul be a massive miss in a 'go for it' year.
go for it year?..seriously?..
not to worry ..they'll find a way ...to screw it up

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

You would be correct he played the most minutes out of any goalie in the OHL and not surprisingly faced the most shots out of any goalie. Guelph needs to find a way either to get a great D, or any real good forward that can help dominate possession and zone time therefore not putting Popovich facing numerous shots per night.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
You misunderstood what I was saying. I was implying Guelph can get Ottawa's part time goalie coach because the only way they get decent goalies is if they draft euro goalies. Also, you math is a little off....if he is better than 90 percent of the goalies, wouldn't that mean he would be in the top 10 percent? Just saying....

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
You misunderstood what I was saying. I was implying Guelph can get Ottawa's part time goalie coach because the only way they get decent goalies is if they draft euro goalies. Also, you math is a little off....if he is better than 90 percent of the goalies, wouldn't that mean he would be in the top 10 percent? Just saying....

Yes, take a look at were the league us right now with goalies. There’s at the very least 15 other teams he’d be starting for.

Be careful what you wish for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad