Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well Guelph solid game tonight! I know there was some talk of beer throwing and slurs directed at Rangers fans in game 3; just wanted to say I had nothing but good experiences with the Guelph fans as a traveling Rangers fan. See you on Friday night at he Aud!

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Well Guelph solid game tonight! I know there was some talk of beer throwing and slurs directed at Rangers fans in game 3; just wanted to say I had nothing but good experiences with the Guelph fans as a traveling Rangers fan. See you on Friday night at he Aud!

Glad to hear Robertmac - I’m glad to hear there were no incidents tonight.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Well, I gotta admit I didn’t think this would happen. Other than the last two years when there were no playoff tickets to be had, this is the first year I decided to by round by round tickets, figuring it would be over quick. Pretty much thought the two games would happen and I’d get refunded for Game 6. I’m glad my expectations have not been met. I was hoping for one win to avoid getting skunked - this is just gravy now.

Interestingly, the reffing conspiracies from Game 3 have now led into music-gate conspiracies on tonight’s win. I hope my wife doesn’t get implicated for causing on-ice distractions with her cheering....

Looking forward to Friday night.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Can't wait for Friday night. Let's see what imaginative excuses can be concocted if the Storm were to pull off a victory in the aud.

BarDownskie

Feb 3, 2018
I understand the storm won both games, but why dress Aguanno and keep putting McEwen on the back end? Makes no sense granted I like McEwen back there but the experience aguanno would get far outweighs McEwen on D IMO

Reactions: storm surge

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Well, I gotta admit I didn’t think this would happen. Other than the last two years when there were no playoff tickets to be had, this is the first year I decided to by round by round tickets, figuring it would be over quick. Pretty much thought the two games would happen and I’d get refunded for Game 6. I’m glad my expectations have not been met. I was hoping for one win to avoid getting skunked - this is just gravy now.

Interestingly, the reffing conspiracies from Game 3 have now led into music-gate conspiracies on tonight’s win. I hope my wife doesn’t get implicated for causing on-ice distractions with her cheering....

Looking forward to Friday night.

Hardly a conspiracy.
Made a complaint and asked if there was a rule. Never claimed it changed the outcome of the game.
If you wanna quote something that I’m the only one to comment about, at least tag me

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
Hound fan here. I have been to Guelph area before. Mid 90s. Forgot Guelph and Kitchener are that close to each other. Weird isn't.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Hardly a conspiracy.
Made a complaint and asked if there was a rule. Never claimed it changed the outcome of the game.
If you wanna quote something that I’m the only one to comment about, at least tag me

I had to allude to the complaint because it was absolutely laughable. I kept it on our board and didn’t tag you as it didn’t need additional attention brought to it, but now you’ve managed to bring it into the spotlight. Even a couple of your fellow fans mocked that it was brought up. In a playoff series where claims on your board were that this was going to be over in 4 games and some are looking two rounds ahead diacussing who they’d prefer to play before meeting the Soo, you decide that the music that some probable volunteer, or at best, a recent media grad, neglected to turn off because they likely got distracted, should be the big issue of the game?

I’ll be sure to tag you with future comments Tom. For now, here’s your fifteen minutes, with apologies:

Woof.
This is painful

Does anyone know the rule on in arena music and the home team failing to turn it off and a goal is scored?
4th goal was scored after a faceoff in the neutral zone and the music was still on when it knuckled by Culina...
pretty bush league to say the least

Maybe Culina was distracted by the “Let’s Go Rangers” chant on the other goals?

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I had to allude to the complaint because it was absolutely laughable. I kept it on our board and didn’t tag you as it didn’t need additional attention brought to it, but now you’ve managed to bring it into the spotlight. Even a couple of your fellow fans mocked that it was brought up. In a playoff series where claims on your board were that this was going to be over in 4 games and some are looking two rounds ahead diacussing who they’d prefer to play before meeting the Soo, you decide that the music that some probable volunteer, or at best, a recent media grad, neglected to turn off because they likely got distracted, should be the big issue of the game?

I’ll be sure to tag you with future comments Tom. For now, here’s your fifteen minutes, with apologies:

Maybe Culina was distracted by the “Let’s Go Rangers” chant on the other goals?

Not once is there an excuse for the goal to be scored or for the game to have been lost mentioned in my comment. But you can continue to read into whatever you would like.
Again, my comments were that it’s unprofessional.
If your volunteer can’t do his role competently maybe they should be in a different spot.

The big issue of the game for Kitchener however, as I mentioned in another post you’ve completely ignored was goaltending and sloppy defense.
But carry on picking and choosing what to comment on to sculpt your imaginary argument.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
They announce game 6 is going to be on sportsnet immediately after the game tonight. Makes you think about the reffing in game 3 again :huh:

Hardly a conspiracy.

You’re right Tom. That first post is definitely more conspiratorial! ;)

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Not once is there an excuse for the goal to be scored or for the game to have been lost mentioned in my comment. But you can continue to read into whatever you would like.
Again, my comments were that it’s unprofessional.
If your volunteer can’t do his role competently maybe they should be in a different spot.

The big issue of the game for Kitchener however, as I mentioned in another post you’ve completely ignored was goaltending and sloppy defense.
But carry on picking and choosing what to comment on to sculpt your imaginary argument.

Whatever Tom - certainly sounded like you were pointing specifically to the 4th goal situation as a cause and effect - "Does anyone know the rule on in arena music and the home team failing to turn it off and a goal is scored? 4th goal was scored after a faceoff in the neutral zone and the music was still on when it knuckled by Culina..."

Regardless - I'm done with it. Hopefully they can get the music situation all sorted out for your listening pleasure during your next visit.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Whatever Tom - certainly sounded like you were pointing specifically to the 4th goal situation as a cause and effect - "Does anyone know the rule on in arena music and the home team failing to turn it off and a goal is scored? 4th goal was scored after a faceoff in the neutral zone and the music was still on when it knuckled by Culina..."

Regardless - I'm done with it. Hopefully they can get the music situation all sorted out for your listening pleasure during your next visit.

Well, I mean if it doesn’t say anything about cause and effect maybe that’s not what I meant.. just a thought.

Excited to see what games 5 & 6 hold.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Two wins at home was nice, but there is A LOT or work to do if we want to take this series.

Goalies were the difference. Anthony Stopovich (credit to rogers for that one) played pretty much the game of his career, while Culina will have one he'd like to forget.

This team was outplayed in the first and they looked completely gassed in the third. I feel like it's actually pretty difficult to only get a single shot in a period (an ENG of course).

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
get it over with storm .. make Merkley a center.. his D game is full of holes..they called him Guelphs best D ... what a laugh..turn the talent loose up front .. but he's compromised on D...

Mowman

Jan 17, 2017
Reading social media and popcorn being thrown by Ranger fans at Storm fans. Ranger fans now chanting Popovich sucks.

Stay classy Kitchener.

I agree it’s not cool, but let’s not pretend it doesn’t go the other way too. I saw plenty of it from Guelph fans the past few days. A small group of fans from both sides don’t represent the whole city/fan base though.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
I agree it’s not cool, but let’s not pretend it doesn’t go the other way too. I saw plenty of it from Guelph fans the past few days. A small group of fans from both sides don’t represent the whole city/fan base though.

Popcorn yes. Chants no.

And I’m on record for condemning the Guelph fans for the popcorn and beer incident.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Reading social media and popcorn being thrown by Ranger fans at Storm fans. Ranger fans now chanting Popovich sucks.

Stay classy Kitchener.
Never happened in our area. Only saw two Guelph fans and they sat quietly along with Ranger fans around them. Heard you suck ref but nothing on Poppy. Let's not paint everyone with the same brush.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Never happened in our area. Only saw two Guelph fans and they sat quietly along with Ranger fans around them. Heard you suck ref but nothing on Poppy. Let's not paint everyone with the same brush.

I guess maybe you weren’t in that section Bobber. Just going by what I read. I was on both boards the other day giving my opinion on stupid behaviour at the rinks. I’ve had my experiences at the Aud as well, and that’s a prime reason I chose not to go tonight. Glad I didn’t anyways.

On to Game 6.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
dump coaches.... 6 heavy sweat lodges for ownership...and as many 2nd round picks as possible.. plus a bucket of pucks for the enigma..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille