Stormdude

Jan 20, 2016
Here is my fearless predictions for this weekends games:

Fri. Oct 27 - Guelph 3, Erie 2 GW- Ralph
Sat. Oct. 28 - Erie 3, Guelph 2 GW- Lodnia
Sun. Oct. 29 - Guelph 3 , London 2 GW - Samorukov

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
This could be a make or break weekend. Play like they can and 6 0f 6 points in possible. Come out and play half heartedly and we could be skunked.
Friday: Guelph 4
Erie 2
Hawel
Saturday: Guelph 4
Erie 3
Toropchenko
Sunday: Guelph 5
London 3
Ratcliffe

Fingers crossed

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Gotta get more from the top line to start really making some progress in the standings. If lines 3 + 4 are the hardest working players each night, this team is destined to underachieve. Having Smith come back to bolster to offense and add another dimension to this team would also be a boon. The team is big, but doesn't play like it. Getting him back might give them some swagger...but sadly, he doesn't look to be back yet so in the meantime:

GUE 4
ERIE 2
(Merkley)

GUE 3
ERIE 2
(Ratcliffe)

LON 5
GUE 1
(Pu)

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Happy the boys pulled out the win tonight but according to Tony Saxon' s post game article George isn't too happy with the way they played which is good to see because that was far from a perfect game that's for sure.

Also George said that Daws will start one of the two games left this weekend but didn't say which one.

Popovich was pretty solid tonight again. The 2nd Otters goal might be the only one he had a chance on. Otherwise another fantastic game from Poppy he's starting to come along nicely. At least these last 2 weeks have been good since that terrible weekend a few back.

Bruins10

Mar 31, 2016
Just cannot believe that after the selfish and stupid penalty taken by Merkley near the end of the first period that he sees any ice time in the next period. This guy just doesn’t get it! Even more troubling is the fact that this style of play is not corrected by the coaching staff. As a result, you’re developing a player with a massive sense of entitlement and I can’t believe that is conducive to team chemistry.

Reactions: hocknow

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Bruins10, I completely agree with what you said about Merkley and the coaching staff. Actually I've been saying this since he started playing last year. He's just a selfish, cancerous player who is ruining the game for the team. I'm beginning to think that the ownership group are calling the shots concerning him. How can a player who is playing so bad still be getting top line minutes? Please don't anyone say that it's because they are shorthanded or there's no one to replace him because I'd throw the B.S card on that one. They would play just fine if not better without him on the ice.

Reactions: hocknow

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Another tough weekend was weathered through. Schedule makers haven't been too kind to Guelph so far this year.. Hopefully the boys have bonded a bit during the long bus rides.
5/6 points on the weekend, Poppy is establishing himself and Hillis looks like he's comfortable in the league now.

As far as I'm concerned Jones should have a massive target on his back in every game VS Guelph for the rest of his OHL career, when he goes into corners and near the boards he should be getting hit every single time.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Another tough weekend was weathered through. Schedule makers haven't been too kind to Guelph so far this year.. Hopefully the boys have bonded a bit during the long bus rides.
5/6 points on the weekend, Poppy is establishing himself and Hillis looks like he's comfortable in the league now.

As far as I'm concerned Jones should have a massive target on his

Good effort put forward this afternoon and it paid off. There were parts of the game that I wish the Storm had shown the tenacity of the Knights - but gotta give them credit for bringing it in the 2nd and 3rd. I hope Poppy keeps it up - if so, he could be the real deal. I agree, Hillis' confidence grew wonders this weekend and hopefully things continue. I still shake my head at the placement of 23 but not sure what else they can do with him except the obvious.
Jones - he's not right in the head. He seemed ok as long as the game was open for the taking, but his modus operandi becomes fairly evident when he feels the game is over. Anyone that thinks he didn't toss his shoulder/upper arm/slight elbow into Merkley's head needs to take off their tinted glasses. Even Ryan Pyette tweeted that the refs missed it. That's the way the meathead plays when things don't go his way - he had full intent on that as a headshot even if others argue it wasn't a blatant elbow. And it wasn't his first attempt at anyone all afternoon. Repeat offender and I hope the league takes a look at it.

Last edited:

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Jones shouldn't even be in the league anymore. He's too unstable and a threat to the players out on the ice. And that high elbow to Merkley's head should have been the end of the game for Jones and the automactic 10 games to follow. Hopefully the 2 hits get reviewed and a lengthy suspension given.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
I have to say that earlier this season I was pushing and pushing hard for an upgrade in goal. while I can admit when I am wrong. If AP can keep up his current standard of play we are fine. Nice to see the boys ending raaymakers run of victories. He was certainly frustrated this afternoon. Max Jones, ?, if he doesn't get a lengthy suspension we all will know that hunter's will will be honoured by branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad