Advice: Growing Flow (What is the best way?)

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
NHL Teams and Rec Teams alike both have a few players on each team that have flow. But how do you get flow? I know you have to grow your hair out, but i noticed alot of guys wear caps, how does this help? How do you grow an amazing flow that everyone that sees you on the ice is captivated by its beauty... What is the best way to grow a flow?

zetterberg2139df7.jpg

Erik+Karlsson+flow.jpg

peter-mueller-88-nhl.jpg

flow.jpg

98305088.jpg.18774_display_image.jpg

Im trying to get mine like letangs
Letang+(poll-sex+hair).jpg

HELP

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
One can get flow by letting hair grow, but what one can't get is common sense.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
The cap makes it stay back on its own. I had some pretty intense flow going until about a month ago but it gets to the point where if you don't style it you always have to wear a baseball hat. You also have to go through a pretty brutal "looks bad regardless of what you do" stage when it's long but not long enough for flow

leftwinger37

Jun 7, 2011
"Great Lakes State"
The cap makes it stay back on its own. I had some pretty intense flow going until about a month ago but it gets to the point where if you don't style it you always have to wear a baseball hat. You also have to go through a pretty brutal "looks bad regardless of what you do" stage when it's long but not long enough for flow

Valid points. Also, in my case anyway, it looked best about a week before I needed a haircut... and then it didn't look as good for another couple of weeks, which was was about a week before a haircut... such a vicious cycle.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Valid points. Also, in my case anyway, it looked best about a week before I needed a haircut... and then it didn't look as good for another couple of weeks, which was was about a week before a haircut... such a vicious cycle.
Yeah it's a lot of work. Without upkeep you end up looking like Colby Rasmus and I'm not a fan of cosmetic work at all

tikkanen5rings*

I'm growing my first flow since after I joined the army.(2006)
You gotta just grow it man.
It looks stupid for a while and that's what cap's and beanie's are for.
Also. I seriously hope you can grow a beard, so you don't end up looking like a woman.
Like Stamkos and Bäckström.

Hawks82

Dec 4, 2011
Let it grow, but try to get it trimmed every so often. I'm going on 2 years myself.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Trim the ends. It gets rid of split ends and keeps it looking nice. Big difference between a cut and a trim.

The guy is looking for Flow advice, not Cosmo Mag hair tips.

You some kinda hairdresser or something??? :shakehead

:laugh:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The problem is that if I don't wear a hat or something it gets like an Afro. Don't want. So I need some tips on keeping it as flow instea of fro.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
The problem is that if I don't wear a hat or something it gets like an Afro. Don't want. So I need some tips on keeping it as flow instea of fro.

easier said then done my friend. since my hair is so thick, im restricted to wearing beanies/hats pretty much all the time...unless i feel like sporting a 'fro. i try not to wash it too often as it fros out the most after a fresh wash. the greasier it is, the easier it is to contain

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
easier said then done my friend. since my hair is so thick, im restricted to wearing beanies/hats pretty much all the time...unless i feel like sporting a 'fro. i try not to wash it too often as it fros out the most after a fresh wash. the greasier it is, the easier it is to contain

Same situation as this, exactly. I always wear a hat/beanie to contain. My friend is hell bent on trying her hand at hair care on me though. I might let her.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad