GDT: Group S • May 6 • Russia 4, Norway 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquizitor*

Belgium beat Denmark 8-3 in WC 1949 i think. Fair to say Denmark got better since, Belgium perhaps not. Denmark also lost 47-0 to Canada. Now that is a blow-out!

funny how some people here derive their ego from the way their national team is playing :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
You don`t say?

Belgium has won division 2B and is promoted to 2A. Winning over China, Mexico, Bulgaria, Israel and South Africa! Not bad :sarcasm:

Upgraded to the company of Spain, Croatia, Serbia and Iceland. Estonia was promoted from 2A - too much heavyweight for this bunch.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Why such a small crowd? Ticket prices again?

Probably partly that, but only Canadians care enough about hockey to fill large arenas for every game. :D The advantage of holding the WC in one country is that some of the games can be played in a smaller arena so the atmosphere is a bit more intense even in games that don't draw a big audience.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
funny how some people here derive their ego from the way their national team is playing :)

I actually take pride in that Denmark for years had the world record in hockey loss. 47-0 is kind of stylish! But I never went in saying the WC is irrelevant. It's super important for all countries to improve their game!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Belgium has won division 2B and is promoted to 2A. Winning over China, Mexico, Bulgaria, Israel and South Africa! Not bad :sarcasm:

Upgraded to the company of Spain, Croatia, Serbia and Iceland. Estonia was promoted from 2A - too much heavyweight for this bunch.

Hey estonians are our neighbours,i`m happy for them :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Hey estonians are our neighbours,i`m happy for them :laugh:

Im actually always been very surprised that Latvia is so much better than Lithuania and especially Estonia (basically same number of people...probably least for Latvia?) Well why can these southern finno-ugric not play like their northen cousins Finland????

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Damn Norway lost. I think it's a bit unfair. They deserved at least an overtime.
If Russia want to beat the better nations they need better defence....they can't play Malkin everywhere.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Im actually always been very surprised that Latvia is so much better than Lithuania and especially Estonia (basically same number of people...probably least for Latvia?) Well why can these southern finno-ugric not play like their northen cousins Finland????

Well first off Latvia has more people than Estonia and less than Lithuania. The problem for hockey in lithuania and estonia is that its not sport number 1 or even number 2 or 3. See for lithuania number one is basketball for estonia its skiing and biathlon,they really don`t care enough about hockey to build any real programme.

member 116805

Kind of a bitter loss after not getting that goal, and then Russia scored right after.
All in all, not too bad though I guess. Volden played well, just ****ed up on that one goal

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Im happy with the game we played. Very good PP and 5 on 5 looked rly good. I also think our pk looked okey. Forsberg blocked some shots and did what expected of him. Volden played very well. Its amazing that we got a 19 year old goalie that can play so well vs russia.

Tomorrow Haugen will be back so i expect a little better goaltending, but im very happy with todays game. Only thing that still bothers me is how much the refs suck, but we were lucky vs sweden last year and today russia is lucky. So okey **** happens...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well first off Latvia has more people than Estonia and less than Lithuania. The problem for hockey in lithuania and estonia is that its not sport number 1 or even number 2 or 3. See for lithuania number one is basketball for estonia its skiing and biathlon,they really don`t care enough about hockey to build any real programme.

But there must have been some left over from the Sovjet period or what? Even an old rink is better than nothing. In Denmark people played for years in something that look like ancient relics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad