GDT: Group S • May 6 • Germany 2, Latvia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Denmark is missing too much talent from their roster.
I wouldn't say so... yeah, Boadker and Regin would be good, maybe young Jensen, one or two defensemen... Other than that, I don't see how they're missing much more players than any other team in the tournament. The team's certainly better than last year (on the paper, at least) it's just they haven't played that good up to this point...

As for ourselves, sure it will be hard but I think it's kinda funny to say we can't win all of these teams in a row - Denmark, Norway and Italy. It's not like we're playing 3 straight games vs Germany, I rate Germans higher than all of these teams. Sure the tournament is long and we can lose points but so can others too. All is pretty much in our hands...

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
Denmark is missing too much talent from their roster. Norwegians might be tough, but they too are missing some notable talent as well.
True, but so does Team Latvia: no Karsums, Kulda, Dārziņš, Ankipāns. Plus Ņiživijs & Vasiļjevs retired from NT. So yeah, our roster is pretty depleted as well.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I think it's kinda funny to say we can't win all of these teams in a row - Denmark, Norway and Italy. It's not like we're playing 3 straight games vs Germany, I rate Germans higher than all of these teams. Sure the tournament is long and we can lose points but so can others too. All is pretty much in our hands...
I think you misread my post. What I said is that most likely we won't get 3 straight wins against these teams. It's possible, but the odds/probability of that would be somewhere around 20-30%. Absolutely nothing is decided yet and not a single team in the group is out of the race for a spot in the play-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad