GDT: Group S • May 11 • Russia 7, Sweden 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Throughout the game? The only time I saw someone go after Malkin completely was when Franzén and Nikulin were having a scrum and Malkin was yelling something at Franzén, after that Franzén started punching towards Malkin instead of Nikulin and had his glove in his face. I never saw those posters that you mention, but you're really one-eyed if you're saying that Malkin was a victim of brutal play yesterday and that he did nothing to deserve whatever treatment he got. It was a rough game, Malkin has a lot of ice-time and is a leader on the russian team. Go figure he's gonna be in the centre of attention if there are scrums.

Talk about one-eyed :shakehead

There's a Heinlein quote we American's are rather fond of: “Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.†Meaning that there's no point in trying to carry on with something that's impossible - there's nothing to be gained by either side. So, done wasting my time with this argument.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Talk about one-eyed :shakehead

There's a Heinlein quote we American's are rather fond of: “Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.†Meaning that there's no point in trying to carry on with something that's impossible - there's nothing to be gained by either side. So, done wasting my time with this argument.

Yeah, the easiest way out of an argument is usually to scream "YOU'RE WRONG!!!" and then run off. Well played.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Well I know everyone but me hated the goons, and I said thats not gonna happen. Dont like the other violence, but I like hockey fights when they do it for reason, not just for show. Why did you totally skip the part that I actually visioned for the future, more diving penalties.

I agree that they should give diving penalties when it is warranted to do so. Of all the judgment calls, diving is usually one of the most judgmental. If the referee sees a guy following through on a cross check, or going up around the head area with the stick, it is often times a legitimate penalty call, and the recipient will go down dramatically to make sure the referee sees it. That happens in the NHL and the IIHF. I just don't see it changing any time soon.

Having a goon go after someone who dove won't necessarily correct the problem. Franzen could no doubt kick Emelin's butt, but it didn't stop Emelin.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Throughout the game? The only time I saw someone go after Malkin completely was when Franzén and Nikulin were having a scrum and Malkin was yelling something at Franzén, after that Franzén started punching towards Malkin instead of Nikulin and had his glove in his face. I never saw those posters that you mention, but you're really one-eyed if you're saying that Malkin was a victim of brutal play yesterday and that he did nothing to deserve whatever treatment he got. It was a rough game, Malkin has a lot of ice-time and is a leader on the russian team. Go figure he's gonna be in the centre of attention if there are scrums.

Yeah, the easiest way out of an argument is usually to scream "YOU'RE WRONG!!!" and then run off. Well played.

When you put forth statements like the one bolded it's rather obvious what your stance is, and that further attempts at discussion would, indeed, be much like trying to teach a pig to sing. You may choose to see it as 'Yeah, the easiest way out of an argument is usually to scream "YOU'RE WRONG!!!" and then run off. Well played.' I choose to see it as conceding that it's a pointless argument not worth wasting my time on. Enjoy.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
When you put forth statements like the one bolded it's rather obvious what your stance is, and that further attempts at discussion would, indeed, be much like trying to teach a pig to sing. You may choose to see it as 'Yeah, the easiest way out of an argument is usually to scream "YOU'RE WRONG!!!" and then run off. Well played.' I choose to see it as conceding that it's a pointless argument not worth wasting my time on. Enjoy.

And it's not obvious what your stance is, then? What's your point, that you can have your opinion but that everyone else should be neutral and able to be convinced by you? You haven't presented anything to show or describe when or where Malkin was the victim, as he apperantely was "throughout the game".

Fulcrum

The whole intimidation tactic by the Swedes had the following effect:
-Put the whole Russian team into Pissed off "this is how you want to play?!" mode - NOT JUST MALKIN!
-Swedes got penalized (it happened, whether it was justified or not- IT HAPPENED)
-Russian converted on the PP
-Change of momentum

That's why I said, if Sweden just continued on focusing to score goals instead of slashing between the legs and piling on Malkin, I think they would've probably won.

Domless

May 12, 2012
San Francisco
Refs killed the game

Too bad team Russia lost two key defenders due to incompetent refs from the states.

In terms of "russian flops" it is too boring! Russia played an amazing game, skill and power were there. If anybody was flopping it was p***ies like Franzen.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Too bad team Russia lost two key defenders due to incompetent refs from the states.

In terms of "russian flops" it is too boring! Russia played an amazing game, skill and power were there. If anybody was flopping it was p***ies like Franzen.

Congrats you have just made may ignore list.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Some great russian winners came from youtube to this place.))) Even after a victory they continue to spread their ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

pouskin74*

Some great russian winners came from youtube to this place.))) Even after a victory they continue to spread their ****.

Dont say that you are following someone in youtube? :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

gib

Feb 3, 2004
wulffmorgenthaler...

-WM_strip_DK_20120314.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad