GDT: Group H • May 9 • Canada 3, Switzerland 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
Do you remember the year prior to last year, these games use to be free live streaming on TSN's website. Then Bell started advertising their Mobile TV and the option for free streaming on the TSN website disappeared. There's a reason why the games appear on VOD just after the game, because they record it live. Who watches games on mobile devices? No one cares about Bell Mobile.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm going to guess a 3-2 win for Canada, although it might be more since Switzerland played a tough game yesterday. Still though, I'm not expecting Canada to actually play hard until the Finland game.

If either Keith or Bouwmeester could play the right side, I'd pair them together and let them play 30 minutes.

That would leave every other pairing severely lacking, and whichever pairing did not have Methot would likely be atrocious defensively.

If Canada comes getzlaf-style, rolling with sunglasses and surfboard to the ice, we will have first real upset of the tournament (swiss beating someone else but canada wouldn't even be that much real upset), swiss is really good and energic if they have gas left and will beat the **** out of surfing teams I think. If Canada plays good, swiss will still give them tough opponent.

I love your description of Getzlaf style.I think the main reason that I want Canada to win the tournament is to see the videos of Getzlaf and company celebrating.

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
Looking for a close game, hopefully Schenn can play solid for Canada, I'm thinking 3-1 for Canada.

SUI : Nino
Canada : Getzlaf, Skinner, Kane

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
WoW! Looks like there is about 200 people at the game...

When is the World Championships coming back to Canada so every game can be sold out?

Davebo*

Two very wealthy countries, playing in a mostly empty barn.

What a shame...

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Can't really blame Ward at all for that. Keith lost his man in front, easy tap in.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Can't really blame Ward at all for that. Keith lost his man in front, easy tap in.

That's what I was thinking too. Weird to go straight to blaming the goalie when a "weaker" team scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad