GDT: Group H • May 12 • Switzerland 2, France 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Well, they beat Canada in 92 Olympics and went to the quarter-finals if I remember correctly.

I would say yes... for the french. A few french played in the Swiss league and they know each other pretty well. But I think it's no big deal for Swiss.

Thx, that's what I meant. It's natural among other teams too that rivalry doesn't have the same intensity from both sides.

Spadman

Mar 30, 2011
Really disappointed by the effort of switzerland. They were asleep until Brunner.
It's always the same... Against big nations like Canada and Finland, switzerland brings their A game. But against "inferior" opponents, well you've seen it.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Thx, that's what I meant. It's natural among other teams too that rivalry doesn't have the same intensity from both sides.

It's pretty much that what the swiss have with Canada. It's some kind of rivalry for Switzerland, but I don't think it's a big deal for Canada.

If there is a rivalry for Switzerland, than it would be Germany. For France... I don't know. Italy would fit, but I'd ask a french guy for that.

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
Really disappointed by the effort of switzerland. They were asleep until Brunner.
It's always the same... Against big nations like Canada and Finland, switzerland brings their A game. But against "inferior" opponents, well you've seen it.

I know that from somewhere else, too. :sarcasm:

Spadman

Mar 30, 2011
I know that from somewhere else, too. :sarcasm:

Yeah, that loss was almost as bad as the loss against germany last year in the relegation round(?) :rant:
I don't think that switzerland will advance now. A win against usa and slovakia is too much to ask.

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
This game was just pure disappointment from the side of Switzerland. France played a good game, the win was not stolen. It's still unfortunate that the Bezina-call decided the game. Switzerland was asleep for most parts of the game until Brunner woke up, we tie the game and get something going, and then... momentum killer.

Enjoy the win French fans, I know the feeling only too good what it's like when your country beats a huge opponent. Being the underdog has also it's beautiful sides.

We now have to beat USA and Slovakia, which is possible, but not very probable.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
This game was just pure disappointment from the side of Switzerland. France played a good game, the win was not stolen. It's still unfortunate that the Bezina-call decided the game. Switzerland was asleep for most parts of the game until Brunner woke up, we tie the game and get something going, and then... momentum killer.

Enjoy the win French fans, I know the feeling only too good what it's like when your country beats a huge opponent. Being the underdog has also it's beautiful sides.

You obviously can win against us, but this season is our NT in a great form.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011

i hope you will beat USA but not us :D then we can expect that Fin will rip off USA and we will go further together :yo:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Yeah, that loss was almost as bad as the loss against germany last year in the relegation round(?) :rant:
I don't think that switzerland will advance now. A win against usa and slovakia is too much to ask.

I believe it possible ! they can make it.
Yet i am soooo angry with our team. !!! Why always take the complicated path ??

They were playing like at 10 km/h ! boring, frustrating ... !
And i stayed at home for that ?? missed things for this ***** game ?

I wonder what conflict they had to be not able to express their grit ? where was their speed ? where was the team play ?

That is a minus for Simpson !

Again Stephan !!! a good goalie can bail out a team in bad days ! well so far in this WC ... their was a simple goalie with some routine saves.
Put in Flueler !

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
i hope you will beat USA but not us :D then we can expect that Fin will rip off USA and we will go further together :yo:

The only way Switzerland can catch USA is if they take points from SVK. Not only that but the rankings afterwards will determine rankings at Sochi 2014 so points for SUI, GER, and NOR are bad for SVK. I'm not sure you know why you are cheering this way, it is probably just blind dislike for USA.:) Careful what you hope for kamo.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Now, if we just watch that scene with the check by Bezina:

I completly agree that we punish checks which go directly to the head. But there is no way Bezina checked the head of the French player. He came with much speed, Guttig went down because he wanted to touch the puck, Bezina had no chance to avoid the contact, his shoulder was down, he didn't jump, nothing. Why do we have 4 referees if not one sees that it was a clean check? I just cannot understand that.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
France beats Switzerland? Really? I mean...

Really?

Hard to believe, I know.
Switzerland played a terrible game, especially the PP was just... nonexistent.
France played good, with heart and disciplined. They won the same way as Switzerland has upset teams like Canada from time to time.

Then that (horrible) call against Bezina (5+20 minutes für a relatively clean, but unlucky check). Before this call, Switzerland was just dominating, but during the penalty France shot two goals. And after the momentum was gone, Switzerland wasn't even able to score a goal on ~5 minutes of PP (1 minute 5-3).

It's a well deserved victory for France and I'm happy for them. But our chances for QF shrunk dramatically... :(

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
The only way Switzerland can catch USA is if they take points from SVK. Not only that but the rankings afterwards will determine rankings at Sochi 2014 so points for SUI, GER, and NOR are bad for SVK. I'm not sure you know why you are cheering this way, it is probably just blind dislike for USA.:) Careful what you hope for kamo.

woah...from this point of view i no longer support Swiss :laugh:

jueséj c"mon :D

and yes it is dislike of USA but not blind...im always out of my mind when i see arrogant post about their greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad