GDT: Group H • May 12 • Slovakia 5, Belarus 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Honestly, I dont get this anti-Hossa bandwagoon. He´s been in poor form recently, but THAT poor. At least he tries hard.

It's not even recently. It's just that he can be so good in KHL for Riga, and then be so bad for SVK.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The problem is that some kind of youngster could have easily played what Hossa has so far. In his age and with his experience if he can´t be a leader for this kind of team, I think that there just shouldn´t be place for him there.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
The problem is that some kind of youngster could have easily played what Hossa has so far. In his age and with his experience if he can´t be a leader for this kind of team, I think that there just shouldn´t be place for him there.

maybe he's a locker room presence? we can hardly know much about that...

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site

Good point. Vujtek was probably worried to not overload team with youngsters and newbies. Players like Hossa bring veteran experience even if he puts nothing on table in term of goals/assists. His role in team is marginal anyway, he got only 11 secs vs USA, few minutes here and there.

Andros

Dec 8, 2011
Finland
Well played by the Slovaks. Nice to see my second favorite national team playing respectable hockey again after some catastrophic years. It's unfortunate how the groups are this year, both Switzerland and Slovakia definitely deserve the playoff spots over who ever finishes fourth in the other group.

Good luck tomorrow.

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
Well played by the Slovaks. Nice to see my second favorite national team playing respectable hockey again after some catastrophic years. It's unfortunate how the groups are this year, both Switzerland and Slovakia definitely deserve the playoff spots over who ever finishes fourth in the other group.

Good luck tomorrow.

thank a lot mate, much appreciated. Same good luck wishes goes to you.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks. But nobody deserves anything. The QF fate is still in both Slovakia´s and Switzerland´s hands. And both have the opportunity to make it there at the expense of the US.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Hossa is part of the "old clique" so maybe he was requested to be in by the guys you mentioned above. Anyone remembers last year´s Zednik drama ?

Marcel isn´t a part of the old clique, he only started playing for the NT regularly since
06´ when the old clique stopped comming to the WC.

Considering his pre-WC performance, him being included in the team just doesn´t look good when you consider that some players off the roster have put on a better effort pre-WC and the fact that Vujtek Jr. is Hossa´s agent. I don´t know it just seems to me that him playing no matter what he does could be demotivating for the players who didn´t make it despite trying hard.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Switzerland really hurt themselves today by taking no points versus France. They must beat SVK in regulation, and then most likely beat USA in regulation [assuming SVK takes full points against France].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad