Canada 4 10
Finland 3 9
United States 4 8
Slovakia 4 6
Switzerland 4 6
Belarus 4 3
France 3 3
Kazakhstan 4 0

Can probably safely assume Finland will end up with 3 points against France.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
alright! it wasnt pretty, but a win is a win...

3-1 so far for the US, should win 2 more games hopefully and set ourselves up for a decent matchup....would love to beat Finland

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Team USA seems pretty solid all the way around, but what's going bite them in the butt is how horrible they play without the puck; mainly the defense. They give up some really high scoring chances. I would feel bad for any goalie at this point. I give props to Howard for keeping the games managable.

They fix this problem as the tournement goes along, they will be tough to beat. Their speed and puck control is pretty incredible.

EDIT: What I mean feel bad for the goalie is that USA plays with the puck a lot, but sucks playing without it. Problem is, they play with the puck a lot...so the goalie hardly sees the puck. WHen they do, it's not your typical shot. It's usually a stupid defensive break down. No goalie would have fun playing in front of that; I know I wouldn't.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Team USA seems pretty solid all the way around, but what's going bite them in the butt is how horrible they play without the puck; mainly the defense. They give up some really high scoring chances. I would feel bad for any goalie at this point. I give props to Howard for keeping the games managable.

They fix this problem as the tournement goes along, they will be tough to beat. Their speed and puck control is pretty incredible.
Hopefully, we can snag someone like McDonagh or Carlson with our last spot.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Solid win. Belarus has been in every game so far in this tournament. A lack of discipline today, and again a bit sloppy-but not a real shock considering the overall age of the roster. I guess what I'm most please with is the balanced scoring. The team is getting contributions from every line.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

pretty nice cheerleaders ;)

LOL!!! I thought the same thing. Guys are sooooo silly - myself included. It is ALL about the looks.

As my best friend once said, a woman could smoke, have horrible breath, a lousy personality, a gas problem, be dumb as a stump and have tons of emotional (and even physical) baggage BUT, if she's REALLY pretty, it's all moot. A guy will say "Wow, what a catch"!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

LOL!!! I thought the same thing. Guys are sooooo silly - myself included. It is ALL about the looks.

As my best friend once said, a woman could smoke, have horrible breath, a lousy personality, a gas problem, be dumb as a stump, tons of emotional (and even physical) baggage BUT, if she's really pretty, it is all moot. A guy will say "Wow, what a catch"!

Having said all that, I am sure THOSE cheerleaders have NONE of THOSE things. ;)

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

As my best friend once said, a woman could smoke, have horrible breath, a lousy personality, a gas problem, be dumb as a stump and have tons of emotional (and even physical) baggage BUT, if she's REALLY pretty, it's all moot. A guy will say "Wow, what a catch"!

This made me laugh more than it should have. :laugh:

As for the game, too many stupid penalties.

Skm

May 30, 2008
Edmonton
Anyone want to give me a quick rundown on how Petry has looked in the whole tournament? He made incredible strides in the second half of the year for the Oilers, he was a huge liability at the start of the year and near the end he was by far our best dman.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Anyone want to give me a quick rundown on how Petry has looked in the whole tournament? He made incredible strides in the second half of the year for the Oilers, he was a huge liability at the start of the year and near the end he was by far our best dman.

I really didnt notice him much in the first 3 games...that could be looked at as a positive or a negative depending on your view of him, but I will say he looked really good today. I thought he was the most active defender we had and was skating all over the place. He is going to be a great player for the Oilers, but he still has a bit to go with puck control and his own zone play...but if he plays the way he did today the rest of the way, he could be a top 4 dman for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad